Anyone do a successful caffeine tincture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderfulMe

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Northern California
Just picked up some PG today and I'm ready to play with tincturing. I've seen it mentioned on here that a few people tried putting tea bags or coffee in pg to get the caffeine, but I haven't seen much info. I think they only let it soak less than a day.

I haven't figured out proportions yet but I figure put some tea bags in some pg in a bottle and shake it daily and just let it soak for a few weeks to a month. Has anyone had any experience with this? Did it work? :)

WonderfulMe

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Northern California
This works to an extent, but not enough caffeine is present per puff so it has no noticeable effect. However, the caffeine sold in tablet form is water soluble and can be extracted and mixed with VG/PG to some effect.

Have you tried this with tablets? I'd be worried about it being too strong or clogging an atty. Have you tried letting the tea bag tincture sit for a long time? I've seen others mention trying this, but they said they did a soak for like two hours. Everything I've seen online about tinctures said weeks or even months of soaking were necessary. Thanks for the input. :)

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
This has been covered before and two likely problems were argued:

First, it takes a LOT more caffeine than nicotine to get any kind of buzz whatsoever. Remember that one regular cola drink or cup of coffee has 30-80mg of caffeine in it, whereas that much nicotine (absorbed) at once would kill you on the spot. It would be difficult to dissolve enough caffeine into our mixtures (without changing them substantially) to get that much free caffeine that we could absorb it.

The second is that nicotine has a fairly low vaporization temperature, whereas caffeine is fairly high. The suggestion was that even if you did cram that much caffeine into the eliquid, it'd never leave the atomizer. This would mean that not only would you never get any hit at all, it would eventually crystallize and gum up the atty.

It's a lose/lose proposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread