LavaTube or Provari, that is question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Tucson, AZ
LavaTube has basically the same features as Provari. The LavaTube Voltage is 3.0-6v and the Provari is 3.3-6v (not concerned about that). The LavaTube has 3 month warranty, while the Provari has 1 year. The LavaTube is under $100 for the kit while the Provari is $211. Both have good reviews, but I understand that the LavaTube is a new product while the provari has been around awhile longer. I like the price of the LavaTube but only a 3 month warranty doesn't turn me on. The provari's 1 year warranty is to my liking. I don't know I'm interested as hell in the LavaTube. I don't know what to do...

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
Get the Provari, I own 3 and they are truly awesome.
Lave tube made in China, does not look as good as the Vari, 3 months warranty and as I understand if you buy it from volcano they will void the warranty if you use other vendors atty/Carto's etc. I always like to go with a device that has been proven to work and not the copycat, in the end you get what you pay for and that saving may cost you more in the long run.
Look at the silver bullet, solid mod that perform very well and keep its retail value very nice, same goes for the provari, that's something I will look for in a new mod.

caffeinated

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NH
I've been using a Silver Bullet at 6v as my primary PV for about six months now. You can use the SB at 3.7v with an 18650 battery, 6v using a pair of 3v 16340 batteries (LiFePO4 or otherwise), or at 7.4v with a pair of 3.7v RCR123a batteries. In my experience, though, 7.4v is just too high, even with 5ohm atties.

Anyway, if that type of battery flexibility appeals to you, the SB is a no-brainer recommendation. If, on the other hand, you're truly looking for a VV mod, the SB (obviously) won't get it done.

Just my $0.02....

Anaconda

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Freddy Beach, NB, Canada
Hahah, well I have a darwin and Lava Tube. I like them both.

Bang for your buck, hands down, Lava Tube. Sure it's a knock off, sure it's not as pretty, but does it work as well as a provari... yes. if you are looking for a pretty unit and have the cash, get the provari, but if you are loking for a solid vape, and a few extra bucks in your pocket... Lava tube, and you can spend the extra on Juice, which is really what it's all about. You make the choice.

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
I was between Lavatube - mass-market Chinese made, flimsy, poor output (Boge LR goes up to 5v then the regulator drops the voltage down without telling you) - versus the NotCigs Infinity Pro - on a Phil Busardo endorsement offered with batteries and charger for just 10 dollars more than the LavaTube, American hand-made, chrome body, 15 watts output, solid and reassuringly chunky.

The Infinity won :vapor:

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
The one thing I don't like about the Provari is the menu system. To many button clicks to do this and see that..Lava Tube power button voltage up and down. Grimm did a preview review that was quiet favorable . Just to address this ..Its Chinese vs American. Some of the most expensive american made mods have some of the simplest flaws that shouldn't exist at $200

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
I just moved to variable voltage about a month ago and love my provari...the menu system doesn't take long to adapt to....I love being able to check how much power my battery has left before I go somewhere without a fresh one....and it really is easy as pie to use....

P.S. since my provari....I really have curbed the cig habit....it's optional now...I was back up to a pack a day (still down from two packs a day when I started vaping) and questioning whether vaping was going to do it for me...before I got my provari....best 200 bucks I ever spent :)

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
The one thing I don't like about the Provari is the menu system. To many button clicks to do this and see that..Lava Tube power button voltage up and down. Grimm did a preview review that was quiet favorable . Just to address this ..Its Chinese vs American. Some of the most expensive american made mods have some of the simplest flaws that shouldn't exist at $200

What flaws, the Provari has been out for a long time and I don't see anybody complaining . I'm guessing you don't own one since you think it's hard managing one bottom either 5 clicks to go up or 7 to go down. Really not hard work by no means.
I like to support American made vs any other country made , not to mention a nice solid device. But hey, to each his own, I don't work for provape and I paid top dollars for my mods. If you think the copycat is better for you that's awesome.

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
Hahah, well I have a darwin and Lava Tube. I like them both.

Bang for your buck, hands down, Lava Tube. Sure it's a knock off, sure it's not as pretty, but does it work as well as a provari... yes. if you are looking for a pretty unit and have the cash, get the provari, but if you are loking for a solid vape, and a few extra bucks in your pocket... Lava tube, and you can spend the extra on Juice, which is really what it's all about. You make the choice.

You can't say "Bang for your buck" on a two day device. Let's give it 5-6 months and see if it's still one piece and still solid . If so, then i'll agree with you but it's too early to crown it.
Rahn, go with the Silver Bullet if thats the $$$ range you allowing yourself, you will be very happy .

American made is always important to us. Pam and I get approached every single day by foreign companies trying to get us to carry their product. To us, we back everything we sell so we want to know it is rock solid and won't fail. I know everyone is concerned about saving money trust me. There are some incredibly knock off devices that are as good as the original if not better. But many are just junk that fall apart rapidly.
I go for long term quality myself, it is always worth the extra money in the end.

XKingXGregX

Moved On
Mar 19, 2011
hartford, ct

menu system isnt that bad i didnt want the provari at first i thought it would be annoying to use, i generally dont flip the menu unless im changing atomizers once the voltage is set i tend to just leave it alone, no issues with it

Anaconda

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Freddy Beach, NB, Canada
Just to clarify, I'm not here to knock any product. I do believe that the pro-vari is a good unit, and yes it has stood up to the test of time. I still think it is over priced. That was the point I was making, that's all.

I also said I own and love my Darwin, that was an expensive Mod. It functions great, and is easy to use, but it's limited to atty options because of its build. Even if I put an ego adapter on it, I can't use a ego style atty on it, simply because then I can't shut it off without removing the atty, which is a serious flaw IMHO.

As for my Lava Tube, I've owned it for about 5 weeks, it's a solid unit, runs great, and allows me to use any atty, carto, or tank mod I so choose to use. Sure it's not made from steel, and sure it could break, but so can any unit on the market. I'm all about buying Canadain / US made products. Which is exactly why I buy FSUSA products regularly, all of my juice, and most of my hardware here.

If a US or Canadain company made a similar device, with a lower retail value, I would have bought that instead. I just can't justify spening over twice the price for a product that does the same thing.

rahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Wow! After reading all this Info and checking out these devices online and reading reviews, I think I'm gonna go with the Provari. Sure it's twice as much and it may take longer for me to afford it, but it is a good solid unit that does more than what I want, good warranty and it is made in America. It was my first choice before I started worrying about time and money and I think it's gonna be worth it. Thankyou all for your input; it's been very interesting for me. :)

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
It's okay Anaconda :) we still like you..... :laugh: ....I just have that fear that I'll be a klutz, drop it once...and have to spend another 100 bucks....

I had a slightly smaller mod before and it really took a beating...didn't last a year...and cost me just over 100 bucks.
Just to clarify, I'm not here to knock any product. I do believe that the pro-vari is a good unit, and yes it has stood up to the test of time. I still think it is over priced. That was the point I was making, that's all.

I also said I own and love my Darwin, that was an expensive Mod. It functions great, and is easy to use, but it's limited to atty options because of its build. Even if I put an ego adapter on it, I can't use a ego style atty on it, simply because then I can't shut it off without removing the atty, which is a serious flaw IMHO.

As for my Lava Tube, I've owned it for about 5 weeks, it's a solid unit, runs great, and allows me to use any atty, carto, or tank mod I so choose to use. Sure it's not made from steel, and sure it could break, but so can any unit on the market. I'm all about buying Canadain / US made products. Which is exactly why I buy FSUSA products regularly, all of my juice, and most of my hardware here.

If a US or Canadain company made a similar device, with a lower retail value, I would have bought that instead. I just can't justify spening over twice the price for a product that does the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread