Latest skinny on NICOTINE in E-cigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom09

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Germany
I'm wondering whether the Ruyan unit that was tested in the new study had their patented sonic (Piezo) vaporizer, or a typical heating coil (Nichrome) type vaporiser. [/url]).

That ultrasonic element is in the original patent applications but I don‘t think that it has ever been built into some commercial product, despite some marketing claims. AFAIK, none of the atomizers on the market does use ultrasonic technology, including the elusive Ruyan v8. From reading some older ECF threads (here and here), it seems to me that the device is akin to the common pen style (no piezo).

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
If I am getting nicotine overdose symptoms at the end of the day, vaping 2-3ml of 24mg juice daily, what in the world is causing these side effects if its not nicotine? It doesnt match up with the numbers. Im a former two pack a day smoker and never got the headaches and heart racing issues as I do now, feels like my head is in a vice. If I cut back the nic strength, the headache slowly fades away and heart rate goes back to normal, within an hour. No ding on ecigs, as I believe its the best alternative to smoking, but I have no doubt that Im getting more nicotine now, then I did as a smoker.

As an experiment, I puffed on a hookah with high grade shisha for over an hour and did not get any headache or heart rate problems. Thats supposed to be equivalent to a pack of cigarettes. This was with MONSTER puffs and occasionally holding the drag for a few seconds in my lungs.I was coughing like crazy the next day, but no jitters, headache, or heart rate ramp up.

Still love my ecig, my experiences just dont match up with nicotine intake findings.

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
If I am getting nicotine overdose symptoms at the end of the day, vaping 2-3ml of 24mg juice daily, what in the world is causing these side effects if its not nicotine? It doesnt match up with the numbers. Im a former two pack a day smoker and never got the headaches and heart racing issues as I do now, feels like my head is in a vice. If I cut back the nic strength, the headache slowly fades away and heart rate goes back to normal, within an hour. No ding on ecigs, as I believe its the best alternative to smoking, but I have no doubt that Im getting more nicotine now, then I did as a smoker.

As an experiment, I puffed on a hookah with high grade shisha for over an hour and did not get any headache or heart rate problems. Thats supposed to be equivalent to a pack of cigarettes. This was with MONSTER puffs and occasionally holding the drag for a few seconds in my lungs.I was coughing like crazy the next day, but no jitters, headache, or heart rate ramp up.

Still love my ecig, my experiences just dont match up with nicotine intake findings.

Are you vaping all day long? When we smoked butts, most of us didn't chain smoke all day long. We smoked every now and then. I also think that if you get juice in your mouth, you are getting a larger dose absorbed through the mouth lining.

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Vaping all day long, which is kinda my point. If ppl think they are getting less nicotine than cigs, youd think you could vape all day and still come out better than smoking, nicotine wise. There is no doubt in my mind that ecigs are better than analogs, I strongly disagree however that we are getting less or even no nicotine. There is no way I killed my 20 yr, 2 pack a day habit with less nicotine than I was getting before. Everyone I know goes from smoking a cig every 30-60 mins, to vaping constantly. Which is great if you can kick cigs, but then you have another, albeit maybe easier, habit to break with cutting back on vaping frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread