Lakeshore Vapors goes old school- CONTEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Package is on the Way!!
a1 winner ecf.jpg

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Well I had this all typed out, before I realized that the contest was already over. Don't want to let it go to waste, may as well post it still, anyway:

I guess I started almost a year ago now, already. Time flies, eh? I smoked for about 22 years before that, since I was thirteen or fourteen years old. I never thought I would quit smoking, it was just part of who I was.

I first started vaping when I got a coupon in the mail for a free Vuse starter kit, instead of the usual "$2 off a pack" or "$10 off a carton" ones they usually sent me every month. My expectations were (rightfully, as I would soon find out) rather low, but I figured that for nothing more than a walk down the block to try it for free, I couldn't really go wrong. I didn't really like the Vuse that much -- I think they use the equivalent of 48mg refill liquid, and the vape was too harsh for me to inhale directly -- but I could sort of "French inhale" them, and although even the menthol ones mostly just tasted like ashtray, they were still better than the real thing, at least, and I was smoking less of those than usual even if I wasn't quit entirely.

Even though I didn't really like them too much, it was at least enough to convince me I could maybe actually quit, if only I had something I liked a bit better. After about ten weeks with the Vuse, I decided I would step up to a "real" setup, so I shelved the Vuse and headed off to a local vape shop in search of a starter kit. For $45, I got a VV Kanger Evod pen-style battery with charger, and a matching Evod2 BDC tank plus 15 mils of any in-house juice I liked from their tasting bar. I ended up getting a sort of fruity menthol flavor they called "Base Nectar Menthol," and for $13 more I picked up a five-pack of replacement coils.

For the next six months I mostly stuck with that setup, with plenty of refill liquid I acquired on the cheap, or sometimes entirely free, thanks to deals and giveaways I found here on the forum. I won a contest for a little refillable cig-a-like kit (Joyetech 510cc) that I used mainly as a backup unit when my main one was charging, and got a couple extra tanks for the Evod pen (Innokin iClear 30S that I got from one of the fine folks here at ECF, and a Mini-Protank 3 I ordered from China). In that time I also tried another cig-a-like starter kit (GreenSmoke) for $1, and the menthol tasted good enough, but that one used a proprietary, non-refillable cartridge system, and while I did like the taste and the form factor, I did not want to pay what they were asking for replacements, so that one sits unused on the shelf now, next to the other two cig-a-likes.

For a while, I had been wanting to upgrade from the pen-style to some sort of more powerful box mod. I had been eyeballing things like the iStick 50 watt and the Sigelei Mini 30 watt, and dreaming of something like the VaporShark rDNA 40, but considered that one too far out of my price range. And then, something wonderful happened. Just as I was about to bite the bullet and buy one of the cheaper mods, the rDNA that I wanted announced a $60 price drop, and I ordered one the very next day. I used it with my iClear tank (as the other two were eGo-threaded, and it didn't come with an adapter) for about a month, at a puny 8.5 watts since that's about all the 2.1-ohm coils could handle, and then I ordered a Magma RDA clone from China. Right now I'm rocking a roughly .6-ohm dual coil I built myself (see my avatar) at 25 watts, dripping unflavored liquid that I mixed up myself.

I also have a Panzer mech mod clone that was gifted to me by a forum member. Without a battery or charger other than what's inside my rDNA, though, I haven't got around to using it yet but it sure does look nice, and will be handy to have around if and when the Vapeocalypse drops. I don't just plan on letting it collect dust, however; I've got some batteries and a charger on my shopping list, along with some DIY supplies to make my own flavored refill liquid. I already do a little bit of DIY, but I'm not very fond of the "OMFG It's Chocolate" flavor concentrate I ordered, so mostly I've just been mixing up unflavored with nic, and sometimes a little bit of menthol.

So that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. Perhaps a bit long-winded, but you did ask for it, after all :)

Well I had this all typed out, before I realized that the contest was already over. Don't want to let it go to waste, may as well post it still, anyway:

I guess I started almost a year ago now, already. Time flies, eh? I smoked for about 22 years before that, since I was thirteen or fourteen years old. I never thought I would quit smoking, it was just part of who I was.

I first started vaping when I got a coupon in the mail for a free Vuse starter kit, instead of the usual "$2 off a pack" or "$10 off a carton" ones they usually sent me every month. My expectations were (rightfully, as I would soon find out) rather low, but I figured that for nothing more than a walk down the block to try it for free, I couldn't really go wrong. I didn't really like the Vuse that much -- I think they use the equivalent of 48mg refill liquid, and the vape was too harsh for me to inhale directly -- but I could sort of "French inhale" them, and although even the menthol ones mostly just tasted like ashtray, they were still better than the real thing, at least, and I was smoking less of those than usual even if I wasn't quit entirely.

Even though I didn't really like them too much, it was at least enough to convince me I could maybe actually quit, if only I had something I liked a bit better. After about ten weeks with the Vuse, I decided I would step up to a "real" setup, so I shelved the Vuse and headed off to a local vape shop in search of a starter kit. For $45, I got a VV Kanger Evod pen-style battery with charger, and a matching Evod2 BDC tank plus 15 mils of any in-house juice I liked from their tasting bar. I ended up getting a sort of fruity menthol flavor they called "Base Nectar Menthol," and for $13 more I picked up a five-pack of replacement coils.

For the next six months I mostly stuck with that setup, with plenty of refill liquid I acquired on the cheap, or sometimes entirely free, thanks to deals and giveaways I found here on the forum. I won a contest for a little refillable cig-a-like kit (Joyetech 510cc) that I used mainly as a backup unit when my main one was charging, and got a couple extra tanks for the Evod pen (Innokin iClear 30S that I got from one of the fine folks here at ECF, and a Mini-Protank 3 I ordered from China). In that time I also tried another cig-a-like starter kit (GreenSmoke) for $1, and the menthol tasted good enough, but that one used a proprietary, non-refillable cartridge system, and while I did like the taste and the form factor, I did not want to pay what they were asking for replacements, so that one sits unused on the shelf now, next to the other two cig-a-likes.

For a while, I had been wanting to upgrade from the pen-style to some sort of more powerful box mod. I had been eyeballing things like the iStick 50 watt and the Sigelei Mini 30 watt, and dreaming of something like the VaporShark rDNA 40, but considered that one too far out of my price range. And then, something wonderful happened. Just as I was about to bite the bullet and buy one of the cheaper mods, the rDNA that I wanted announced a $60 price drop, and I ordered one the very next day. I used it with my iClear tank (as the other two were eGo-threaded, and it didn't come with an adapter) for about a month, at a puny 8.5 watts since that's about all the 2.1-ohm coils could handle, and then I ordered a Magma RDA clone from China. Right now I'm rocking a roughly .6-ohm dual coil I built myself (see my avatar) at 25 watts, dripping unflavored liquid that I mixed up myself.

I also have a Panzer mech mod clone that was gifted to me by a forum member. Without a battery or charger other than what's inside my rDNA, though, I haven't got around to using it yet but it sure does look nice, and will be handy to have around if and when the Vapeocalypse drops. I don't just plan on letting it collect dust, however; I've got some batteries and a charger on my shopping list, along with some DIY supplies to make my own flavored refill liquid. I already do a little bit of DIY, but I'm not very fond of the "OMFG It's Chocolate" flavor concentrate I ordered, so mostly I've just been mixing up unflavored with nic, and sometimes a little bit of menthol.

So that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. Perhaps a bit long-winded, but you did ask for it, after all :)
Thanks for your story

Thanks for your story bwh79. We love to hear it. Sorry it was too late to enter. Stay tuned for the next contest at Lakeshore Vapors.

Reactions: redrebel821

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Christmas in August!!! Wow, I'm still overwhelmed!!! And...a PURPLE case to replace my tattered blue hand me down...lol... The mods are charging up, but I couldn't wait to try the subtank! So, I changed the orings to purple, loaded in some of the Space Jam Solstice in...1.5 mg @ 2 on the tank and 15w on my mod with a .5 coil... Amazing! Any higher than 20 and I burn my lip... So changed the tip, much better! Thank you...doesn't seem adequate enough!!!

-Mary Jo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 18
Christmas in August!!! Wow, I'm still overwhelmed!!! And...a PURPLE case to replace my tattered blue hand me down...lol... The mods are charging up, but I couldn't wait to try the subtank! So, I changed the orings to purple, loaded in some of the Space Jam Solstice in...1.5 mg @ 2 on the tank and 15w on my mod with a .5 coil... Amazing! Any higher than 20 and I burn my lip... So changed the tip, much better! Thank you...doesn't seem adequate enough!!!

-Mary Jo
Mary Jo,
I am so excited you love your new stuff. Thought you needed some Space Jam to cheer up your day! Please stay in touch. We Love to hear updates and progress reports. If you have any questions, please feel free to call/e-mail anytime. We are a little behind on updating all the new items/flavors on the website, so if you are looking for something and we do not have it, shoot me an e-mail or give us a call. We probably have it in the store. I will be updating it this week!
Enjoy, my new ECF Friend.
Lakeshore Vapors
Kari

I have 12 tanks....I've had to try every tank on every mod....lol..hubby came home to find me sitting on the bed with vape stuff all around me. I got "the look"... The one that asks if he needs to call someone...lol
Love it, sounds just like me. I know that look!! Have fun with your new stuff.
Kari

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Love it, sounds just like me. I know that look!! Have fun with your new stuff.
Kari
LOL...he says now he doesn't have to get me a birthday present because you already sent it all. And an FYI for anyone that needs a tiny beast, the istick TC is just that! It's a wee lil thing, but such smooth draws on it! I'm using as vw/vv now, but can try TC down the line if I ever want to. If you haven't tried one, it's GREAT! The Cfiber is so nicely balanced, and feels so light..the pics don't do it justice!

Reactions: Kprthevapr

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Just following up....someone stoppedme in the parking lot yesterday to ask about my purple Cfiber because it was sparkly in the sun! I gave out one of your cards after I refused to sell it to him just because he thinks it would be a great gift for his wife. MY BINKY....back off, dude!!!

As the contest is over, congrats again to everyone who entered by sharing their story with us. Its awesome to hear and see how vaping has evolved!! And a big shout out to our winner redrebel821! As always Lakeshore Vapors The Muskegon Ecig Superstore has tons of new stuff flying in every day!!!!
New Liquids- The Artist Collection, Bird Brains, The Schwartz, Cosmic Fog, Seduce Juice, Asylum Series, Mod Fuel, Ripe Vapes and more!!!!
Mods & RDA's- Aspire Triton Tank $46 ,Tobeco Super Tank $25, UD Zephyrus Tank, IPV 4S 120W 100J TC $90, Smok TFV4 Triple Coil $45, Tesla Two Sub Mod $48......stay tuned for more in new feed!!!

Just following up....someone stoppedme in the parking lot yesterday to ask about my purple Cfiber because it was sparkly in the sun! I gave out one of your cards after I refused to sell it to him just because he thinks it would be a great gift for his wife. MY BINKY....back off, dude!!!

LoL...that's too funny!!! He can get his own!!! At least you told him where to get his own!! thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread