Kitties & Kritters Klub

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
This one is from a couple years back, I posted it in another thread. That's my Gal with one of her horses, we were just getting ready for an early morning ride. Would post more photos, but, She asked me not to post pics online anymore. And well, it's Her boarding business, so yeah, she's boss lady. LOLz

IMG_2357cr2.jpg

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Thank you.

Some of them do not like having their picture taken! You would not believe how sneaky and inconspicuous I have to be. Some will look at the camera and smile. They are a joy in our lives...every one past and present. We could not exist without Pugs, even though at times, they're all like a bunch of pre-schoolers getting into mischief. There's never a dull moment when it comes to the level of jealousy from one receiving special (or more praise, petting etc) loving. It's a circus around here when they all come to attention once a week for the Cheerio hunt.
    What is the Cheerio hunt? Sounds like a fun event.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Beautiful dogs and great shadow pic of your lady and horse.

Our two males. Tried to get our female in the photo but she ran off into the woods before I had the camera ready . LOLz

View attachment 1008510

This one is from a couple years back, I posted it in another thread. That's my Gal with one of her horses, we were just getting ready for an early morning ride. Would post more photos, but, She asked me not to post pics online anymore. And well, it's Her boarding business, so yeah, she's boss lady. LOLz

View attachment 1008512

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    What is the Cheerio hunt? Sounds like a fun event.
    As a treat I buy them unflavored Cheerios Breakfast cereal. They KNOW the sounds of the bag inside. I stand behind the coffee table in the living room....they group "on the ready" in the middle of room. I raise my hand containing a Cheerio, NOW I have their full attention and they know what's to come. That's when I throw them in all directions going who knows where. They all gobble them up as fast as they can. Those who are wiser, know there are more.

We have had up-to ten Pugs at once.

Here they are on the ready.
    1000017821.jpg

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    As a treat I buy them unflavored Cheerios Breakfast cereal. They KNOW the sounds of the bag inside. I stand behind the coffee table in the living room....they group "on the ready" in the middle of room. I raise my hand containing a Cheerio, NOW I have their full attention and they know what's to come. That's when I throw them in all directions going who knows where. They all gobble them up as fast as they can. Those who are wiser, know there are more.

We have had up-to ten Pugs at once.

Here they are on the ready. View attachment 1008514
    That is so cute. I have an unopened box of Cheerios I can't use on low carb and wondered about giving them as treats but worried about the sugar in them. Is it ok for them to have that amount of sugar? I know a lot about dogs but not much about treats and things. I do make homemade treats that they love. In fact, have to make them tomorrow.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    That is so cute. I have an unopened box of Cheerios I can't use on low carb and wondered about giving them as treats but worried about the sugar in them. Is it ok for them to have that amount of sugar? I know a lot about dogs but not much about treats and things. I do make homemade treats that they love. In fact, have to make them tomorrow.
    Our pets only get the sugar free Cheerios. A box lasts better than a year.

**Caution, they can get loose stools from eating too many**

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    This may be of interest to you.
    Image too large to post

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    I take regular dog treats, break them in half, and then hide them around the house. Make our GSD's "lay stay" in the kitchen, then I go and hide the treats. I'll place them under chair cushions, on table tops under magazines, on shelves, under bedding blankets etc. etc. They never give-up and always find them. I am always looking for more challenging places to hide the treats.

They love searching for their treats. It's a fun game. :greengrin:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    I just got back from TN. I stayed with some friends and every evening, right before dusk, this little skunk would come over. It would eat the cat food, the guinea food, and then hit the seeds under the birdfeeder. It was so fun to watch and started getting closer than I would like to people.
    1YES.gif

skunk.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread