Keeping Your Center Post Shiny Clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
I have had experiences with my menu not reading resistance correctly and my vape feeling a bit weak at times due to dirty connections. I used the ball point pen and alcohol dipped q tip to clean the positive electrical contact inside and it worked well. However, the brass post in the 510 connection didn't clean up as well. I scraped it with a small screwdriver the first time but didn't really like the results. Now what I do is tear off a small piece of melamine foam aka Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and use it dry (no need to wet it) and rub around on the pin with the pen cap (the part that clips to a shirt. BAM!!! Shiny. This stuff works good on springs and battery ends,charger contacts, etc.

Last edited:

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
They sell a fiberglass tipped pen at radio shack that is just for cleaning oxidized connections and it will make that post look like new in 3 seconds. My Provari post was so bad that my Provari would not fire every time I hit it and I used this pen to clean it and WOW what a difference it made. Its also plenty long enough to reach the battery post inside. Hope this helps. It was nearly 8 bux but it will last forever and blows Q tips outta the water.

Shahzh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Malaysia
They sell a fiberglass tipped pen at radio shack that is just for cleaning oxidized connections and it will make that post look like new in 3 seconds. My Provari post was so bad that my Provari would not fire every time I hit it and I used this pen to clean it and WOW what a difference it made. Its also plenty long enough to reach the battery post inside. Hope this helps. It was nearly 8 bux but it will last forever and blows Q tips outta the water.

Is this the one? I have this, but I used it to touch up my watches, specially those with brush finished casing.

http://www.brandsport.com/bdgr-127.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread