Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Quote Originally Posted by egodzilla View Post
Hmm, didn't go trough the whole thread, but if I got it right it is about moding the A2 to SS wick ...

Still, in the beginning there is a mention of an idea of a SS carto. Did anyone manage to pull that trough?

Think a carto with a SS mesh tube and SS wool filing might be a interesting piece of gear ...

These are pics of the SS coil wick I built for a carto. It was wick and Diaper in one piece and was completely oxidize. I used fine SS wool as filling in the carto. It worked but a PITA to build,
IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

JPoodles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
West Boylston, MA
Hey everyone, thought I'd chime in on this even though it looks like the thread has stopped hitting. I use an ss wick in my a2 type setup. The difference being that it's the new patriot mega rebuildable. I enjoy seeing my juice levels so I've set it up using the tanks from the ego t type b. I use the silicone caps and have a ss wick running down (vertical) to another ss wick coiled horizontally. The ss wicks are 500 mesh with a pin sized center tube. The one from the tank fits the cap hole (prepunched) tightly but the center hole allows airflow and gravity does not overdrip. This works great for me and I don't have to mess with fillers.
My concern is with condensation. Its flooding the atty. I've tried a u-shaped wick but it doesn't soak up enough of the condensed liquid. Does anyone have any ideas about how to solve this annoyance?

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I meant it floods the airflow which is a center hole at the bottom/below the coil. I guess, I could fill the hole and drill a hole for intake but I would still have a build up of condensed liquid.

Condensation is a pain and the more cooling surface you have more condensation, another reason I gave up on overhead tanks, DIDs and Line type suffer less from this problem.

JPoodles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
West Boylston, MA
Should SS wicks be cleaned and if yes how? Thank you BJ for a great thread.

I'm using a DiD now and have the wick set loose enuff to pull out of coil. I dry burn off the gunk every couple o days and when my wick is out I torch it. IMO that cleans it as good as day one.
Thanx for the nudge to DiD BJ43- way better than my attempt at a rebuildable ego-t:oops:

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I have a question about SS wicks,i was at a hardware store and the SS coffee filters a made from surgical stainless steel, i woder if this can be used,if i can it would be very cost effective as the filter is huge for 8 bucks,enff mesh too last for years.

Coffee filters are like 80 mesh and not applicable for wicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread