Just Curious. What is your preferred/usual PG/VG Ratio and Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Mine 70/30 PG/VG for the simple fact that the samples I fell in love with from my favorite, and only vendor, came with that ratio. I didn't have a choice. Like I said I fell in love so decided to not mess with that formula.

I figured, since the samples were what the vendor thought highlighted their juice the best, they should know the best. I don't have any allergies, so I'm happy with that ratio. :)

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
50/50. Tried it, found the flavor and vapor to be in good balance and that it doesn't dehydrate me as much as higher PG. Also, my T3's seem less likely to flood. I would go higher VG, but I am worried about losing flavor and wicking ability.

Also the equal quantities soothes my OCD...

0_0 *** Sent from my Droid Incredible 4G LTE *** 0_0

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
20/80 PG/VG. I've found that heavy amounts of PG messes with my chest/throat, and I get plenty of throat hit from the nicotine itself anyway. Should be mentioned that I also found that, despite common consensus, in my experiences VG has wicked much better than and has left me with exponentially less dry hits than PG. I assume this is because VG is so thick that it sort of coats the wick, meaning it won't evaporate after a few fires of the device.

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
50/50 PG/VG. It's just a perfect balance for me. For now. My tastes seem to change from month to month when it comes to certain things. Vaping seems like a never ending trial and error...and I wonder sometimes if I'll ever settle on even ONE concrete thing. I like a lot of vapor, but these days, throat hit seems to be just as important. I started out with a higher VG ratio, but it was just too weak. :vapor:

Last edited:

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
i also enjoy the vendors favorite. when a vendor has a set ratio that you cant change without special request, you know that they found the best ratio for that particular flavor. however, when i mix my own or am buying from vendors that let me pick, its usually around 30/70. i absolutely hate strong throat hits and the feeling pg leaves in my throat/chest. more vg gives me a very sweet and enjoyable flavor and gives tons of that oh-so-important vapor. why do i not go 100% vg? im not really sure, just havent made that final step down yet

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I'm not picky at all with the pg/vg ratio, though I much prefer to have some vg instead of the 100% pg of Chinese liquids. I'll check a site to see if they have a suggested ratio for their juices, if not 50/50 is a happy medium for me. What I really like is when a vendor can make a high vg juice without sacrificing throat hit or flavor, like AVE, Plume Room, or Ahlusion.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Kopfstimmen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
I preferred 70/30 PG/VG, and tried 80/20, since that was all one vendor had. I didn't like it. Not enough vapor. I came across another vendor that offered it and 65/35, and it's quite good. Having said that, it seems that i like somewhere between 70/30 and 65/35. I have not tried more VG other than 100%, but I really didn't like that much, so I'm sticking with the range I've had so far.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
60vg
40pg

I prefer mostly vg & when put on the spot can't say why for any particular reason. Do enjoy seeing more vapor so I'll run with that. I don't use flavors so the carrying properties of pg aren't really necessary. I have a gallon of the stuff though so would rather use it than distilled water/pga for thinning purposes.

Faxed in on the Mojo Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread