Joyetech eGrip - I am loving this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I am using 2 coils. Once a day; removing the one on rba, put fresh one, dryburn the other one and put new wick on (japanese cotton) so its fresh again for the next day. Been doing this for 2 weeks or more, both coils are fine and flavor/vapor is excellent.

My wicks seem to last at least a week in these coils!

I rewicked after probably a little over a week of using the rba and dry fired the coil. Didn't seem it even needed it but I was bored and wow brings new life to it. Not really sure why though. Japanese Cotton was still pretty well clean some small gunky spots by the coil. How long do you guys go before changing the wick? I only use 40vg/60pg. High VG makes me feel weird.

I change it about once a week, and dry-burn the coils. I vape some sweeter and darker juices sometimes that gunk stuff up faster. I've been on this set of coils for almost a month. If I vape a strong tasting juice and want to switch I'll change the cotton more often. I have one lemony flavor that it's a given I'm going to have to change the cotton if I use it because it will never go away when I change flavors. Cotton is cheap. :)

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I rewicked after probably a little over a week of using the rba and dry fired the coil. Didn't seem it even needed it but I was bored and wow brings new life to it. Not really sure why though. Japanese Cotton was still pretty well clean some small gunky spots by the coil. How long do you guys go before changing the wick? I only use 40vg/60pg. High VG makes me feel weird.

5-6ml using home brewed NETS. 30-40ml using unflavored nic base.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Thanks. The issue I have is fitting the legs into the post holes. I have to stretch the coil apart to get the legs far enough out to reach the holes.

True, some stretching is needed to get the second leg in.After bending the legs I cut them off as short as possible, that is, only long enough to reach past the screw inside of the through hole. That helps to minimize the amount of stretch needed. I put one leg in then grab the other with nn pliers to insert.

Tension winding coils offers another advantage revealed by these through hole rbas; the coils return to perfect shape after being stretched. Like a spring....boing! Lol

Last edited:

vibez

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
UK
True, some stretching is needed to get the second leg in.After bending the legs I cut them off as short as possible, that is, only long enough to reach past the screw inside of the through hole. That helps to minimize the amount of stretch needed. I put one leg in then grab the other with nn pliers to insert.

Tension winding coils offers another advantage revealed by these through hole rbas; the coils return to perfect shape after being stretched. Like a spring....boing! Lol

Thanks. I'll check out tension winding.

Cellodick

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
Hollywood
Thanks Vicky AND cignot. I ordered a new Egrip, and in the comments I asked if you knew where I could get a new tank, or if you sold them. When my new Egrip arrived there was a new tank at no charge, and a nice personal note with installation tips. What amazing customer service. I know where I'll be buying my next supplies from. ..CIGNOT !

Last edited:

Luvfoxy

Feb 21, 2015
Malaysia
Hi vapors,

Can anyone let me know what's the difference between

1) 20W Joyetech eGrip VW Kit - Limited Christmas Edition

and

2) 20W Joyetech eGrip Airflow Adjustable VW Kit -1500mAh

There's a $20 difference for the price where the Christmas limited edition is cheaper. Is there any catch? Found those on this website:

Joyetech eGrip VW MOD

Planning to get 1 for myself, easy for travelling tho :)

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Those Christmas ones are hideous, that's probably why they're cheaper.

Considering this thread is in Cignot's forum section, it's kinda tacky to link to other online retailers...

Cignot's shipping is super quick, and the package deal they have with the eGrip/RBA/510 adapter is hard to beat!

And Customer service would be hard to beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread