Please need help with Joyetech Egrip VT and RBA base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codyandjakesmom

Apr 8, 2017
I am new to this forum so I'm not sure if I'm posting in right place. I have been searching for some clarity on the Egrip VT and cannot seem to find an answer so maybe someone can help. I love the joyetech egrip OLED (CL 30w version)and just purchased 3 more but didn't realize they were VT (variable temp) versions. The Joyetech Egrip RBA base that I have used for all my Egrips does not fit the VT model. I like the rebuildable coils bc of cost and flavor. The ones that come with it always taste burnt. With that being said, I have 2 questions. 1) What coils does the VT take and 2) Is there a rebuildable coil that fits the VT? I am an amateur when it comes to vaping so I'm a little confused on what I'm supposed to get. I want something thats easy and taste good. I liked the original RBA base because I could buy the pre-built/pre-wicked coils and not have to make them myself. Any thoughts/help would be appreciated

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the CLR should work in your eGrip VT in watts mode. I have 2 eGo ONE VTs That I use them with in watts mode. The CLR is the rebuildable rewickable version of the CL.

Here are links to 2 threads where you might find a more definite answer.

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

In this second link scroll down about halfway someone says the CLR does fit and work but the base will stick out just a tiny bit.

eGrip VT

Hope this helps. Unfortunately this 2nd thread has been closed, so you won't be able to ask questions there.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I am new to this forum so I'm not sure if I'm posting in right place. I have been searching for some clarity on the Egrip VT and cannot seem to find an answer so maybe someone can help. I love the joyetech egrip OLED (CL 30w version)and just purchased 3 more but didn't realize they were VT (variable temp) versions. The Joyetech Egrip RBA base that I have used for all my Egrips does not fit the VT model. I like the rebuildable coils bc of cost and flavor. The ones that come with it always taste burnt. With that being said, I have 2 questions. 1) What coils does the VT take and 2) Is there a rebuildable coil that fits the VT? I am an amateur when it comes to vaping so I'm a little confused on what I'm supposed to get. I want something thats easy and taste good. I liked the original RBA base because I could buy the pre-built/pre-wicked coils and not have to make them myself. Any thoughts/help would be appreciated
Welcome and glad you joined. You might consider building your own coils if off the shelf is not available. If you can bend a paper clip, you can build your own coils. What works for me at high ohms and low watts (1.5~2.0 ohms/6.7w/30ga Kanthal A1wire;4-6 turns;.11 inch ID;Rayon wick)
Might like to read:
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
Coil Builds
Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!
Might try watching a few good Youtube vids. You could google "Youtube vape: build vape coil" . Nothing like watching it being done if reading about it doesn't sink in.

vape factory laisimo

Unresolved Status
Apr 10, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Codyandjakesmom

Apr 8, 2017
I started another post but since this is regarding same discussion I'm posting here and deleting other.

I bought some of the I titanium regular stock CL coils for the VT and they fit but it burns my throat to where it's unbearable and the airflow is awful compared to my RBA base. I usually have the older version up to 30w so I'm used to it being up high so it has to be something else. Since the CLR coils were recommended bc I like the RBA I bought those. I just got them but I can't screw them in. I have a few questions...1) how do I get the CLR coils to fit the VT 2) it is only letting me use Variable Temp mode...when I switch to Watts it says Atomizer low and 3) Why would there be such a throat burn with the VT egrip?
I've been researching a bunch on the forums and Tpat591 seems to know alot about the Egrip. I'm new here so I couldn't reply to any posts (or it may be bc they are closed) and I'm not sure if your able to message others and ask questions. If you can, can someone show me how.

Why did they have to change the 30W up. I was perfectly happy with my egrip 30w and the RBA base (except the leaking). I go thru them so fast from dropping them so I bought 3 VT models and I still can't get them to work right... 2 months later. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know. Thanks bunches

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Hi and welcome- Did you try using the whole atomizer base from your old OLED in the new VT? I am not sure but I think it will fit and then you could order more of that base and use that instead of the the CL base?
I mean the whole section that holds the coil from your old OLED , give it a try, it may work.
I think some of the OLED came with a CS base instead of the CL, but I know that both those bases fit in the OLED and maybe the CS base from your OLED will fit the VT.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Watch for autofiring- my egrip was working fine for about 4 or 5 months when I heard a hissing sound, and saw my OLED turning itself off and on- the only way I could get it to stop was to remove the whole base section with the coil out, it stopped! No way to remove the battery. I cleaned it and let it sit for days( I have other gear that I used) tried putting the coil and base back on and it started autofiring again.
Took the base off again, and threw the OLED in the recycle bin at a vape shop! I never dropped or abused that egrip OLED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread