Johnson Creek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmetto

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
USA
Yea, purely-based VG is gone, from what I gather from the website the reduced PG is 70% PG and 30% VG.

I've read that a mix of PG and VG can cause carmelization on atomizers, so that mix could be potentially bad. It's buried on the forums here somewhere.

Um, no, what you've read is that VG, by itself, tends to create a greater buildup of residue on the atomiser -- carmelization, if you will, since VG contains sugars. And VG can produce a questionable substance, known as acrolein, that is not detected with the vaporisation of PG.

Nothing is "buried" on the forum, if you look hard enough.

As far as the weeping and gnashing of teeth regarding JC goes -- no vendor is looking to issue its own death warrant at this point. Maybe, just maybe, we should grant JC some room for trying to stay afloat ahead of an overbearing FDA frothing at the mouth to ban e-cigarettes as "drug/device combinations that require approval by FDA before they may be legally marketed in the United States." (A quote from an FDA email received recently.)

j4g3rb0mb3d

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Chicago, IL
Um, no, what you've read is that VG, by itself, tends to create a greater buildup of residue on the atomiser -- carmelization, if you will, since VG contains sugars. And VG can produce a questionable substance, known as acrolein, that is not detected with the vaporisation of PG.

As far as the weeping and gnashing of teeth regarding JC goes -- no vendor is looking to issue its own death warrant at this point. Maybe, just maybe, we should grant JC some room for trying to stay afloat ahead of an overbearing FDA frothing at the mouth to ban e-cigarettes as "drug/device combinations that require approval by FDA before they may be legally marketed in the United States." (A quote from an FDA email received recently.)

Um, no, I read what I read, and the mix of VG and PG can be potentially damaging to your atomizer.

Any thread that hasn't been added to in nearly two months can be considered buried, unless it is stickied.

Palmetto

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
USA
Um, no, I read what I read, and the mix of VG and PG can be potentially damaging to your atomizer.

Any thread that hasn't been added to in nearly two months can be considered buried, unless it is stickied.

So, where is your link to that info of "the mix of VG and PG?"

And is that a new rule -- that "a thread that hasn't been added to in nearly two months can be considered buried, unless it is stickied?"

Does that mean that any discussion/investigation/experiment that is more than two months old is automatically negated? By whom, and what?

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I'm vapeing it now, It's hardcore.
Maybe my getting some unflavored VG 24mg/ml will work fine, by adding back 1/3 to my TennCured it will still taste ok, still, being a little stronger.
Maybe....
Do you notice the extra vanilla very much? Maybe I just didn't use enough, but I just couldn't use the PG. Sometimes the flavors have a way of tasting better after a couple days. More like "tobacco" flavor, not vanilla tobacco. Thanks for posting that!

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Palmetto, just do a search VG or PG, see what you can find. Threads that aren't stickied get lost just from the volume of posting on this forum. Sometimes we gotta help ourselves, a little. And sometimes Threads don't stay on Point, people have a way of going off topic. Can sometimes be fun, unless you're looking for something specific.

firefly

Jul 5, 2009
Portland, OR
Well, after months of giving Johnson Creek my full juice appreciation, I may have just placed my last order with them. I am going to need a source for 24mg/ml unflavored VG, can anyone help me out? PG is just like vaping fire for me. I get a very sore throat, hoarsness, chest pains, so switched to VG. So now I find my #1 juice maker just put 30% more PG in my mix for me. Wow, hope I can use this opportunity to stop vaping. I'm not in the mood to start mixing my own juice. This has been one very sad day. Wish they would have offered a more "comprehensive" discount, 15% didn't make much of a dent, after all was said and done. I know they're doing all this to stay within potential FDA constrictions, but it sort of leaves me out in a lurch. So what I'll need to do is find a source for 24mg/ml VG and drown out the flavors I loved so much. Just a bummer, and it scares me silly. They also diminished the "guarantee": now 30 days, not 60. The world must've tilted this morning while I was asleep. Think I'll just go back to bed. OH, BTW, they sent me a "new" TnCd flavor to try, after one cart my throat was on fire. Yeah, my favorite juice company sent me a "trial" for 16mg/ml PG: funny, I don't use either one of those combinations. I tried, throat on fire, but I could definitely taste an awful lot of vanilla. Not my cup of China Black tea.
To Cayman I was just on the Vaporguys website, they are "temporarily out of stock". Just great. Haven't looked anywhere else, I just gave up.
P.S. Sent them an e-mail covering the above issues, will be waiting for reply. Will post if I can, I may just be having a nervous breakdown by the time I hear back.

I'm gonna miss the non-PG variety too. If you do decide to try and mix/alter some of your own juice you can find plain vegetable glycerin at the cosmetics counter in 'natural' food stores. It's probably cheaper there than online.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA

You are right,j4g3rb0mb3d, I think that's what they're trying to do, conform to possible standards. There is a "letters from JC" link on their website that explains just that very thing. I may be just getting old, but sometimes changes are hard to swallow, always seem to be adapting to new things, just when everything gets comfortable. Which is why I'm here in the first place, right. Thanks for the mellow-out notice. I will give them a chance to come through, if they're working on VG issues maybe will be for the better eventually. But the PG issue is prominent for me, in my own defense!

Palmetto

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
USA
I just said that it is buried, not negated. Don't put words in my mouth or try to manipulate what I wrote at all.

I don't owe you any link, nor will I look for one.

Enjoy your Friday night.

So, because you "read it somewhere" -- we should believe it. And any challenge for proof of what you've "read" is "putting words in your mouth," because you don't "owe" anyone a link to "what you've read," which must be true...even though you can't quote it.

Ok, got it.:-x

Talen

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
East Coast U.S.A/Thailand
I'm feeling a little lucky as my JC order came today and the 60 ml of TC I ordered are the old formula with the tobacco absolute.

The new formula doesn't sound very pleasing to me ...if I wanted more vanilla I would order vanilla. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's just as good as the original but for now I have 60 ml to go before I find out.:D

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I'm feeling a little lucky as my JC order came today and the 60 ml of TC I ordered are the old formula with the tobacco absolute.

The new formula doesn't sound very pleasing to me ...if I wanted more vanilla I would order vanilla. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's just as good as the original but for now I have 60 ml to go before I find out.:D
This rich and smokey flavor will charm you from the first puff with hints of burnt carmel and vanilla that combine with a smooth, mesquite vapor. Great for everyday and a staple for many, Tennessee Cured is a signature flavor that is truly like no other Smoke Juice. The Reduced PG recipe contains 30% less PG than its PG counterpart.
I just topped off my "reg" Tenn Cured with the "new" one, there is a definite vanilla, and something else I can't quite make out. Maybe that is the "mesquite" flavor they talk about. I just ordered two 30ml bottles of it, and then ordered 2 30ml bottles of 24mg/ml unflavored VG. I spent over a $100 today, hope it was worth it. Also notice, the "return" policy is also changed, from 60 days to 30 days. So there ya go, progress? The "reduced" VG is going to be a problem for me. I also came up with an ingredient list:
New Tennessee Cured
Propylene Glycol
Glicerol
Water
Nicotine
Vanilla Extract
Vegetable Glycerin
Artificial and Natural Flavors

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread