Is my mod faulty? L200 classic

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
Sorry for creating another thread lol
But i think my mods faulty...
I bought this a while ago and just now started using it anyway its a L200 classic geekvape,
My issue is im getting constantly asking me if its a "new coil" i tried saying yes and no but the message keeps popping up if its been sitting for a while its not the coil cause another tank is doin the same wtf???
Theres also no firmware updates on it i think i already have the latest wtf going on?
This sucks =/

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Maybe take the o-ring off the battery plug and see what happens.

The one Solo I have in rotation (earlier version of the 200) started doing the same thing on me a while back. Since that question (new coil) shows up for two things, tank swap or battery replacement, and since others with the Solo have had problems with the plug, I gave it a try.

Been working fine ever since. Yes, a tad less water resistant, but I don't go swimming with my mod. (At least not on purpose! :D)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Lucky you! :)

When the Solo's were "new" on the market, there were several reports of issues with the battery cap and flakey connections, along with folk stripping out the threads.

But you're right on it on asking after a battery swap. Doh. I always swap the battery when I swap or fill the tank, so always see it.

Conversely, since I pulled the o-ring, no more asking.

So, imo, worth a shot. No cost, little time, easy check. If the problem persists, put it back, and if still under warranty, try to contact Geekvape (or the seller?)

• Agree

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
The one Solo I have in rotation (earlier version of the 200) started doing the same thing on me a while back.
He has the L200 though, which is the 2nd version of the Aegis Legend mod, not the Aegis Solo. I don't know though....if the Legends were reported to have had the same problem or not. I don't remember seeing anyone posting it about it.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
When the Solo's were "new" on the market, there were several reports of issues with the battery cap and flakey connections, along with folk stripping out the threads.

I do think many of those reports were due to folks not being careful with screwing the battery caps into their Solo's. I always rotate the battery cap (CCW) until I feel it "click" into the start of the threading on the mod. Then it screws in easily.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Quite possible, SMT. I do the same (with nearly all threaded connectors!)

He has the L200 though, which is the 2nd version of the Aegis Legend mod, not the Aegis Solo. I don't know though.

Right, and I did mention I have a different model. But, seems to be similar at that end, and, again, a no cost test that may or may not be useful. If it cost money to test, maybe try something else, but?

• Agree

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Asking if it's a new coil all the time is a fairly common, and widespread, issue with GeekVape mods.

Reddit has many threads discussing this. And one specific to the L200.

geek_vape_aegis_l200_classic_kit-8.jpg

L200 battery door.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
It's a mystery. I have one Pico which does that regularly, and no other Pico has ever done it.

I also have Solos. If I loosen the tank, press the fire button to get the no atomizer message, turn the mod off, tighten the tank, and turn the mod back on, I get that message. I just did that and it said Old Coil 0.738 New Coil 0.741. So a small difference in the third decimal place is enough to get the chip upset, even though the third decimal place isn't even displayed in use. A difference that small in the detected resistance could be caused by just breathing on the tank.

My guess is that the Aegis chips looking at the 3rd decimal place may be part of the problem. Maybe the chip checks the resistance when it has no good reason to. A dodgy connection at the battery cap might cause it, by making the chip think something has changed. I've heard the trick of removing the washer on the battery cap mentioned before.

Your problem might be specific to the L200, might be a generic Aegis problem, might be a slightly dodgy chip. Probably never know.

Reactions: DavidOck

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
Just for comparison, mine has been in rotation since the end of December and I've not had that issue. I have a bit over 5,400 on the puff counter.

Maybe try a factory reset?
I'm not sure how to do that, though the manual gives instruction to do a configuration reset - don't know if that is the same thing.

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
I just resetted it but i used it for first time since yesterday tho..
Is it rly faulty that sux man...
I like the mods shell =/
I noticed my resistance jumps alot and its not even stainless steel, its ka1 mesh thats kanthal,
Kinda sux ill never buy geekvape again i guess i see theres no firmware either i cant find it

• Sad
Reactions: gloopdegurp

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
I just resetted it but i used it for first time since yesterday tho..
Is it rly faulty that sux man...
I like the mods shell =/
I noticed my resistance jumps alot and its not even stainless steel, its ka1 mesh thats kanthal,
Kinda sux ill never buy geekvape again i guess i see theres no firmware either i cant find it
The only other thing I can think of to try, if you haven't yet, is to clean the 510 connection on the mod. Probably not, but a hair, dirt, or production residue could maybe cause an issue.
Maybe even try to pull the 510 pin up with tweezers just in case it's sticky and not floating free - though that usually would cause a "No Atomizer" or similar message.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    @gloopdegurp ill clean and check if its floating, i rly dont wanna pull it up might break it, man i rly love this mod besides the damn message =/ it was expansive too entire kit was like 90€ euros cant return it either i waited over a month to even use it sigh... not fun

It's still under warranty, but good luck in dealing with Geekvape customer service. They'll make you return the mod you have, then be impossible to get in touch with. You'll be lucky to get the issue resolved in 6 months.

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
    It's still under warranty, but good luck in dealing with Geekvape customer service. They'll make you return the mod you have, then be impossible to get in touch with. You'll be lucky to get the issue resolved in 6 months.
    Well F that sux yeah IF i get replacement its prob from china takes forever well damn so its a defect then? Whay i dont understand is its all over google across all different geekvape devices that means all those are faulty? Geekvape has very high failure rate then? they suck =/

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Well F that sux yeah IF i get replacement its prob from china takes forever well damn so its a defect then? Whay i dont understand is its all over google across all different geekvape devices that means all those are faulty? Geekvape has very high failure rate then? they suck =/

I'm not certain that their products are more likely to be faulty, but how they deal with problems is the worst. Here's a link to Geekvape on Trustpilot. GeekVape is rated "Bad" with 1.5 / 5 on Trustpilot. Almost all the reviews have problems with customer service. Mine is dated August 2, 2022. I got the same copy & paste reply as everyone else, showing they didn't even bother to read the review. A company that has a rating of 1.5 stars because of customer service should be avoided.

Users who are viewing this thread