Intro & questions ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!
this is my first post here in this forum. My name is Jessica and I switched over to vaping 3 months ago.
I currently have the eVod battery that came in the starter kit, some eVod clearos (don't like them) a pro tank 2 & mini pro 2.
I have on the way a innok iclear & a viva nova V3 to try out. The coils in my pro tank keep burning out and I thought it was my juice but idk. I will have new juice tomorrow. I've been using the 2.2 coils n the pro tank with my eVod battery. Should I try different coils?
Also I was rinsing out my pro tank for the first time (all the way apart) and lost the O ring haven't been able to find more to order.

So I have been looking at a carto tank from the mom & pop vape shop and looking for more reviews on different types etc.
keep in mind I will be using 50/50 juice.
I'm also looking for a affordable battery maybe the spinner or something?

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
Welcome to the site and community Jessica. I hope that you find your time here as fun, enjoyable and as informative as I do.

Cartotanks are (IMO) a GREAT system. Easy to maintain, easy to fill (once you have the right tools), and when a cartomizer reaches the end of its effective life, cheap to replace and resume your solid vaping experience.

I've got a handful (okay, maybe a double-handful) of the SmokTech Pyrex Cartotanks and am VERY pleased with the performance/price balance.

smoktechpyrex-small.jpg

But there are others who have their own personal preferences (and solid reasons for liking what they like). Getting a rig that suits your needs and tastes is part of the fun and enjoyment of this practice/hobby.

Once again, welcome to the community and have fun!

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
I love carto tanks simply because they work and work well, but you do have to prime them before you can vape. Just a heads up on that. It's not hard to do, but you don't just fill the tank and vape as you would on a Protank or similar :). You'll need to saturate the carto, fill the tank and take a few primer puffs (without hitting the power button) to make sure it's bringing in liquid. When doing this you may get a few gurgles, but they'll stop once you start vaping.

Priming the tank is required as if you dry burn the material in the cartos, much like anything else, that flavor isn't going to go away and you'll end up replacing the carto and starting over.

With that said, what you choose really depends on what kind of vape you're after. Are you wanting something warm or cool? BCC's tend to provide a cooler vape while cartos and top coil tanks tend to provide a warmer vape.

wbart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Easton, MD, USA
Welcome to the forum.

There are some good affordable mods out there. I would wait until you have a little bit more. A spinner or an Ego is not going to be that much different than your Evod.

I suggest the MVP for all day performance and have you tried the iSmoka BCCs? The draw on them is a lot tighter than the Protanks and I have enjoyed them more. As far as the washer goes I do not believe that they sell replacement ones, there might be some that fit in a plumbing aisle of your local hardware store though

Again Welcome

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
Awesome :) thank you both.
What about a mod or battery for now I can only spend around $34 unless they can use 2 cards lol ;)

The eGO Twist is nice, simple and allows you to do VV (Variable Voltage). You can pick one up for $22.95 at MyVaporStore.

Joyetech Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 650mAh Battery

If you want to go a step up, the iTaste vv/vw v3 is nice as well and is Variable Voltage and Variable Wattage, nice and slim and works very well too. It's $49.99, so a little over your budget, but personally if you don't absolutely need it now, save up a little more and go for it.

NEW Innokin iTaste Variable Voltage/Wattage Express Kit - Black [gv-iTasteExpressVVVW-MatteBlack] - $49.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
You can get replacement O-rings at your local hardware store. I had one that was damaged from overuse. I took the damaged one to Home Depot and dug around until Homer came over and showed me the ones I needed.

And, the dude really did look just like Homer.

ARMSUPcolor.jpg

CGlassford

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
I've been using the evod's lately too. I like them but I was also having a problem with the coils going out too quick.
While asking at my local vape shope what I should switch to, I found out I had been screwing them down too tight to my battery, putting too much preasure on the coil. I was also smashing down the post on the batt.

Lift the post with a small flat head screw driver and only screw the evod down just enough to make connection.

wbart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Easton, MD, USA
)
I was looking at the I taste just a min ago actually but I want something bigger in my hand lol
Too easy...moving on....

I would look at tanks first. It seemed to me that no matter what battery you use the tank is the part that actually does all the heavy lifting. To get the most out of a tank however you need a pretty good battery, The Evod is not bad at all. And the MVP fits my hand perfectly, My hands being larger than most however.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Awesome :) thank you both.
What about a mod or battery for now I can only spend around $34 unless they can use 2 cards lol ;)

i have 4 of these, i love them. they work great with evods. they are vv and vw. if you spend a few more dollars, free shipping over $35 with this code SHIP35

Itaste VV/VW 3.0 by Innokin - NettMix Custom Vapes

i prefer the vods & protank, min davides type bottom coil clearos because replacements are real cheap here:

Kanger eVod Coil replacements
you can learn to re-wick them and re-coil them and save even more $$$$

good luck!

for fibromyalgia: quit drinking fluoridated water!

Too easy...moving on....

I would look at tanks first. It seemed to me that no matter what battery you use the tank is the part that actually does all the heavy lifting. To get the most out of a tank however you need a pretty good battery, The Evod is not bad at all. And the MVP fits my hand perfectly, My hands being larger than most however.

Wow awesome site ;) thank you!!

Thank you all for the great advice :)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Awe you all are awesome!! Not sure what to do first the mod/battery or the tank. Hummmm maybe ill sleep on it :)
I was looking at the I taste just a min ago actually but I want something bigger in my hand lol
Because I get bad cramping in my hands etc. I have fribromialgia :-/

Sniffs bait; swims away.

:D

The Itaste line of mods is great. You can't go wrong with'em. You might also consider the Vamo V3 or V4, and the Zmax. Those are all great mods at good entry level price levels. They let you see if going with a big honkin' tube mod is what you want to do.

Sniffs bait; swims away.

:D

The Itaste line of mods is great. You can't go wrong with'em. You might also consider the Vamo V3 or V4, and the Zmax. Those are all great mods at good entry level price levels. They let you see if going with a big honkin' tube mod is what you want to do.

What about the VAMO 2??? :) they have it in pink and I am pinkie u know LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread