Innokin Z Coils

Trent Erikson

• Nov 5, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Is anyone else getting a day out of these Innokin z coils? I'm using a Zenith II tank with 1.2 ohm coils and there's barely any taste after the first couple of hits and they will burn out in 24 hours of moderate use at 15-16 watts. I'm not using any candy flavors, it Black Note Menthol juice at 50/50. The coils either taste burnt or they have a weird metallic taste.ive tried sub ohm coils and have the same issue. I want to love this tank but I'm at the end of my patience with it. Any help would be appreciated.

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I'm not using the Zenith II tank. But, I've used just about every Innokin coil in Zlides and they've lasted a good long time.
    I did have an issue vaping Black Note Menthol in a Zlide with a .48Ω coil where it was making me cough. But that juice with every other Z coil has been fine. In fact, that's what I'm vaping at the moment with a 1.6Ω coil.

Reactions: Trent Erikson

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I’ve been using the 1.2 z coils for quite a while since getting the Zenith II and something does seem off about these. The ones I bought from sourcemore didn’t seem to hold out as long as the ones I bought from Innokin. I’m vaping 65/35 unflavored at 9 watts. Sometimes they last 4-5 days, sometimes close to 2 weeks.

They seem to take a day or so to break in at times and will taste like they are turning bad a couple of days later. Then, I’ll vape through it and it will go back to normal.

DallasLiza

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 4, 2013
    I use 1.6 and 0.8 Z -coils below their recommended wattage ranges. I can fill 1+ tank daily and get right at two weeks use on a coil. 1.6 takes a little break in time, 0.8 does not. I've never used the 1.2 ohm.

I was recently gifted the new Zenith Zlide Top Fill tank and I really do like Innokin's Zenith Duoprime 0.6ohm coil with it however, it'll also use any other Z-coil.

Trent Erikson

• Nov 5, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I've tried to vape through the rough spots with these coils but it's just turns into several more days of no taste or a weird metallic taste and they never recover. It's too bad, I really like the build of the Zenith II, but changing coils every day seems like too much of a hassle.

I'm not sure if any other coils besides the Z Coils would work with that tank.

Reactions: smacuser

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2011
    South East
    Those of you that are having burning issues with the 1.6ohm Z-Coils, I have an outstanding solution that does work.

Open a new coil pack and grab a sharp-tipped syringe needle, think mine is a 21 gauge (green). A blunt tip will not work.

Grab a new coil and poke the needle through one hole slowly until it exits the opposite hole. Now grab the base of the needle and slowly move it around in a circle motion. Do this until you feel the cotton loosen up a bit. Do the same thing in all 4 holes so that when you're done you should have 2 puncture holes in each.

Grab a bamboo toothpick and cut off the sharp tip. You're gonna use this to compress the coil and hopefully get rid of any big gaps or hot spots. GENTLY insert it into the top of the coil head opening and slowly slide the stick up and down until it feels loose.

Use the opposite end of the pick to align your post air hole on the bottom of the coil. You want good airflow so make sure that you don't forget this step and line up that hole with the two open slots.

Juice up the head until its VERY saturated and insert into your tank.

After about 2 or 3 tanks, repeat the above steps with the syringe and just make sure that the cotton stays loose and the coil stays tight.

I use 90% VG, 10% PG ... and I get about 10 full tanks before I start getting the burnt-... flavor.

You can get another few tanks by using the bamboo toothpick to clean the coil. Yes, you will get black goo on it, just wipe it off the toothpick with each insertion until there nothing else being deposited on it. Insert coil into the tank and fill your tank 1/5th full of PG only, drop 4-5 drops down your drip tip, open your air flow valve all the way, tip the tank upside down (with coil inside) and start blowing through the wide open airflow valve so that the remaining black goo drains out of your drip tip. Wash drip tip with water when finished cleaning.

If you do this correctly, you should get at least 3-5 more tanks out of the coil or as much as 10 more depending upon how often you clean it this way.

I've yet to find a good way to rebuilding these but I do know that it can be done. Tearing them apart is pretty easy though (press-fit), it's using the right amount of Muji cotton that's difficult.

Lastly, I'm using an old black Eleaf TC60W at 15.7W, this is the sweet-spot for me.

Last edited:
    Reactions: newyork13

kinglanavpe

Moved On
    Jul 31, 2023
    • Deleted by retired1

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Hi, I have a innokin zenith tank. I use 1.6 ohm coils.
    Does anyone know where I can get these on line ? At a decent price?
    My most trusted resource is the Innokin Store. I believe their warehouse is located in the US. Every so often, they’ll have a 20% off sale. You just need to keep up with their forum here, or subscribe to their newsletter.

Otherwise, you could try here. You’ll need to create an account for pricing and I forget if they tack on a signature fee.

Last edited:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2011
    South East
    Hi, I have a innokin zenith tank. I use 1.6 ohm coils.
    Does anyone know where I can get these on line ? At a decent price?

Made my last purchase at Kanger wholesale.

Link is for 5-pks of 1.6 ohm, price has remained the same since early 2023.

HOWEVER, I did find a much better deal recently for a significant savings.

Innokin Zenith coils 5-pks for $6.99/pk and if you wanna stock-up they offer wholesale pricing too. 6-packs drops down to $6.29/pk which is a really good deal.

A caveat when ordering from here though. It would seem that you have to authorize
    your credit card/debit card payment via the e-mail address that you provide. If you
    don't respond to the authorization e-mail, the order is cancelled.

Reactions: smacuser

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I use the .8 z coils and actually have never had one burn out. I do toss them after a few weeks or clean them to get the taste back to normal as it gets funky after awhile.

I agree that it is likely your eliquid that is the problem. I have used a z coil for literally 3 months and it was still going strong. I prep the coils by putting eliquid in the holes and in the coil until it is saturated.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2011
    South East
    Going to add this for peeps looking.

3F Vape is a verified source for Innokin Zenith coil 5-pks.

I bought (6) 1.6ohm packs for $6.29/ea,

Vaping cheap coupon for 5% off

To track your package through China, you need to use this link and the tracking number provided. Once your package reaches customs and enters the USA, you can use
    USPS Tracking the rest of the way.

Package took 3 weeks to arrive.

Reactions: tp72

Users who are viewing this thread