zenith 2 tank burns 0.3 coils instantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekos95

Jan 1, 2023
im new to vaping, first post here actually.
so i got a kroma z and had it for like a month and worked great, then my cat droped it and it stopped charching, so i replaced it a coolfire z80.
i used 0.8 coils and the worked great and then tried the 0.3 on a second zenith 2 tank i got and i cant figure out what im doing wrong.
the tank burns the coils instamtly above 33 watts, long puffs also burn them.
i prime them in and out, let them soak and tried many juices .. 70/30, 50/50 and 70/30.
the same coils that taste burned on the zenith tank work fine on the kroma z tank.
so any suggestions?

edit: btw happy new year guys

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
im new to vaping, first post here actually.
so i got a kroma z and had it for like a month and worked great, then my cat droped it and it stopped charching, so i replaced it a coolfire z80.
i used 0.8 coils and the worked great and then tried the 0.3 on a second zenith 2 tank i got and i cant figure out what im doing wrong.
the tank burns the coils instamtly above 33 watts, long puffs also burn them.
i prime them in and out, let them soak and tried many juices .. 70/30, 50/50 and 70/30.
the same coils that taste burned on the zenith tank work fine on the kroma z tank.
so any suggestions?

edit: btw happy new year guys

Happy New Year nekos95 and welcome to ECF. :)

Someone on Reddit was experiencing the same problem as you are with the Zenith II and the 0.3Ω coils. The Innokin rep replied with the following:

"My apologies for the trouble you're having with your Z coils.
Please ensure you're using sweetener-free e-liquids as they severely negatively impact Z coil lifespan.
Additionally, try using more airflow in your coils.
I would also recommend you try the ZForce tank. If you prefer the performance of the 0.3ohm Z coil you are likely more of a RDL/DTL vaper and the ZForce is better suited for it."

It sounds like your Zenith II is not a good match for the 0.3Ω coils.

Innokin's blog page 6 Ways to Stop You Vape Coils Burning suggests using juices that are less sweet, proper priming (sounds like you're doing that), starting with low wattages and gradually increasing them and not using high VG liquids.

I don't own either tank. My guess, is perhaps your Kroma Z offers more airflow for higher wattage RDL vaping versus the Zenith II. My understanding is the Zenith II tanks are more geared towards MTL vapers.

Perhaps our Innokin rep @Innokin_timmy can further assist you.

nekos95

Jan 1, 2023
Happy New Year nekos95 and welcome to ECF. :)

Someone on Reddit was experiencing the same problem as you are with the Zenith II and the 0.3Ω coils. The Innokin rep replied with the following:

"My apologies for the trouble you're having with your Z coils.
Please ensure you're using sweetener-free e-liquids as they severely negatively impact Z coil lifespan.
Additionally, try using more airflow in your coils.
I would also recommend you try the ZForce tank. If you prefer the performance of the 0.3ohm Z coil you are likely more of a RDL/DTL vaper and the ZForce is better suited for it."

It sounds like your Zenith II is not a good match for the 0.3Ω coils.

Innokin's blog page 6 Ways to Stop You Vape Coils Burning suggests using juices that are less sweet, proper priming (sounds like you're doing that), starting with low wattages and gradually increasing them and not using high VG liquids.

I don't own either tank. My guess, is perhaps your Kroma Z offers more airflow for higher wattage RDL vaping versus the Zenith II. My understanding is the Zenith II tanks are more geared towards MTL vapers.

Perhaps our Innokin rep @Innokin_timmy can further assist you.
thanks for the answer

i kept searching and i found another post that suggested that it might be some kind of presure issue, if i fill the tank with the airflow completly closed and leave some air inside it works like the kroma tank for like 100 puffs.

i was really hoping that i was doing something wrong and i could keep using the tank considering i got 2 of them,
also i got 3 juices only one them is sweet and vg heavy and the others are acting exactly the same

bestofhookah

Moved On
Jan 3, 2023
bestofhookah.com
  • Deleted by retired1

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    • Deleted by retired1