Indulgence adaptors

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick word of warning to Indulgence users - NEVER use boiling water to clean your adaptors . . . ever.

I have just successfully melted a plastic o-ring inside my DPV9 adaptor, and the whole middle section just fell out.

Now I have NOTHING to vape with, and I've only just successfully stopped smoking thanks to the Indulgence. This is after 2.5 years vaping and smoking analogues. I was doing so well too :( :(

Eastmall, are you planning on stocking parts for the Indulgence? I really need to get a replacement DPV9 adaptor as soon as possible. Don't mind paying.

Also, I mentioned in a previous thread that I was concerned about the threads on the Indulgence, and although I took some advice from Di regarding using some machine oil, it's getting worse every time I take either the battery cup or the adaptor sleeve off. I'd like to know if you're planning on stocking individual parts as replacements for these, once they completely strip themselves.

Thanks!

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
A quick word of warning to Indulgence users - NEVER use boiling water to clean your adaptors . . . ever.

I have just successfully melted a plastic o-ring inside my DPV9 adaptor, and the whole middle section just fell out.

Now I have NOTHING to vape with, and I've only just successfully stopped smoking thanks to the Indulgence. This is after 2.5 years vaping and smoking analogues. I was doing so well too :( :(

Eastmall, are you planning on stocking parts for the Indulgence? I really need to get a replacement DPV9 adaptor as soon as possible. Don't mind paying.

Also, I mentioned in a previous thread that I was concerned about the threads on the Indulgence, and although I took some advice from Di regarding using some machine oil, it's getting worse every time I take either the battery cup or the adaptor sleeve off. I'd like to know if you're planning on stocking individual parts as replacements for these, once they completely strip themselves.

Thanks!

I am sure if you contact Customer service

we can organise something to help you out------
perhaps David will sell you a new set of adapters, --

the other alternative, -

you could get a battery adapter and use a different cap -
like use a different indulgence thread cap,
like maybe a 510 or 801 thread cap --
and use with it a 510 to 901 or
801 to 901 adapter,
this would also allow vaping of the DPV9 cartys,

hope this helps, --

and yes, good advice about the boiling water, --
I found that boiling water also bubbles the paint on attys too..:(

On the threads on Indulgence,

I must admit the threads are very fine,
but with a touch - just a touch -
of fine machine oil,
I do not have any problems with my threads,

please make sure the threads are very clean,
they are very fine and a small amount of dirt will make them a little hard to screw.

I do not know if each piece of Indulgence will be sold as a separate item, but the cups are sold as separate items with battery included if that helps, ---------

I have asked if the thread cap and bullit adapters can be sold as a separate item , David is thinking on this one ---- :)

The button section is not available for sale as a separate item ---

Thanks for your reply Di. I have contacted David via the customer service email address. Hopefully he's in a helpful mood today :)

Just going back to my issue with cleaning the adaptor - is there any other recommended way of doing this? The reason I ask is that over time, my adaptor has gotten gunked up with liquid, and it got to the point where even with the USB passthrough and a fresh carto, I was getting very little vaping power. Had to try cleaning it somehow :confused:

If anyone else has any tips or hints, I'd be most grateful.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Thanks for your reply Di. I have contacted David via the customer service email address. Hopefully he's in a helpful mood today :)

Just going back to my issue with cleaning the adaptor - is there any other recommended way of doing this? The reason I ask is that over time, my adaptor has gotten gunked up with liquid, and it got to the point where even with the USB passthrough and a fresh carto, I was getting very little vaping power. Had to try cleaning it somehow :confused:

If anyone else has any tips or hints, I'd be most grateful.

The way I clean my adapters,

I have a little 100 mls plastic bottle
it has a wide top hole of course, --
I drop the thread caps / or bullitt connectors into it,
in warm water- from tap-
and shake it for a few minutes,
then rinse them then dry and reuse,

the all in one adapters ( original ones)
if badly gunked up, I run a needle or paperclip around the grooves and get out what I can before doing the above job-----

this gunk is a combination of too much juice--
and a bit of general muck--

the excess juice is from overdripping the attys ,

all attys have breather holes built into them,
so when you drip into them, onto the coil,
any and all excess, runs off the coil
and leaks out of the breather holes.

On the older all in one thread caps,
this excess juice pools into the outer groove
around the atty connector.

Thanks Di, I will use your method in future.

Wouldn't it be awesome though if a system existed where NO liquid could get through to that part of the unit?? Like completely sealed . . . like you could (jokingly, of course) fill an atty to the top with liquid and still not have any leakage :) Now THAT would be awesome :)

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Thanks Di, I will use your method in future.

Wouldn't it be awesome though if a system existed where NO liquid could get through to that part of the unit?? Like completely sealed . . . like you could (jokingly, of course) fill an atty to the top with liquid and still not have any leakage :) Now THAT would be awesome :)

yes, then it would be called an afs - not an atty

and we are working on it.

Pheary

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Great Britain
I put some grease on my threads the day my Indulgence arrived and the threads are still working fine a month later. Perhaps Eastmall could pop on a little grease after manufacture or include a sachet of grease in the package with the Indulgence for people to apply.

You only need a really tiny amount and it lasts for a very long time.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I put some grease on my threads the day my Indulgence arrived and the threads are still working fine a month later. Perhaps Eastmall could pop on a little grease after manufacture or include a sachet of grease in the package with the Indulgence for people to apply.

You only need a really tiny amount and it lasts for a very long time.

I agree that a tiny weeny drop is all that is needed and it lasts a loooooooooooooooooooooooooonnng time, and the threads work just fine with this little help----

and if we included a lubricant with the unit,

you could bet your ----- that someone would complain that they didnt like our choice -- and wanted something different,
so I prefer that you choose your own.
:)

MusicBox

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
Australia
I'm in Oz and have been trying to get Noalox for months. Nobody sells it here. But they are prepared to import it for you (At considerable cost). Finding a substitute that doesn't come in a 44 gallon drum isn't so easy either:unsure:
Have used machine oil on my threads and they work a charm for smoothness but I'm looking for the other properties of Noalox to care for my baby. Hint Di, If Eastmall sold it I, for one, would buy it.:)
Just thought I would mention this as the OP is from NZ and probably can't get Noalox either.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
You can also grind the connectors a little with fine sandpaper and put just a bit of noalox on threads. It works miracles.

hahaha, being a true blue aussie,

I use Emu Oil on threads--
also works miracles - --

available in aussie land,
I have 2 x 20 litre drums of the stuff -------

used to farm the buggers !!!!!!!
--------------------------------
hahahahahahaahahhaah

Last edited:
Oh, and just a quick update on the adaptor - I tweaked it a bit, and now it actually fits back together, and it works!! The added bonus with this is that the adaptor is now actually in two pieces when I remove it from the Indulgence, so cleaning it is now an absolute piece of cake - awesome. I reckon if I get another adaptor set I'll probably try and do the same thing with it. Much easier than putting it in a bottle and shaking it around - I can just give it a quick wipe and it's as good as new.

Unexpected bonus - much like NZ vs. Slovakia :)

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Maybe I should try some sheep oil ;) Hehe

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

baaaaaaaa d idea, -- hahahaha

sheep oil is glycerine -- yes ??

we could vape that tho --

hahahahahahhaahahahahaha

Oh, and just a quick update on the adaptor - I tweaked it a bit, and now it actually fits back together, and it works!! The added bonus with this is that the adaptor is now actually in two pieces when I remove it from the Indulgence, so cleaning it is now an absolute piece of cake - awesome. I reckon if I get another adaptor set I'll probably try and do the same thing with it. Much easier than putting it in a bottle and shaking it around - I can just give it a quick wipe and it's as good as new.

Yes, sounds like you have ended up with the same sort of thing as the new cap with bullitt adapter thread -- yes ??

I like this arrangment, so easy to clean,
and the spinning does not bother me at all, --
they are not sposed to be screwed madly-
just enough to make contact,
and that happens easily with a finger or thumb against the thread bullitt,

Unexpected bonus - much like NZ vs. Slovakia :)

hahahhaahhaah,

yes, I guess the NZ soccer players are a step up on our poor aussie socceroos ?????

we couldn't manage a goal in our first match-----
pooooooooooo --
:( :oops:

Di, I think sheep oil is lanolin . . . you could probably vape it but it would most likely taste like, well, sheep, which I'm not sure would be ideal :)

I'm not sure about this new cap with bullitt adaptor which you speak of . . . never heard of it. My adaptors all float freely in the cap. Basically the middle part of the adaptor itself is now separate :) So with the cap and adaptor I now have three pieces. Because of that, I'm now actually happier with my Indulgence than I was before. The main problem I was having was the adaptors getting gunked up with liquid - as I mentioned, I can now just pull my adaptor to bits and wipe it completely clean . . . much like Germany did to the Soccerros! Haha! :toast:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Di, I think sheep oil is lanolin . . . you could probably vape it but it would most likely taste like, well, sheep, which I'm not sure would be ideal :)

oooooooooooooooh, yes, thats right,

when your skin gets rough,

rub yourself all over with a sheep ?????? :ohmy::blink:

I'm not sure about this new cap with bullitt adaptor which you speak of . . . never heard of it. My adaptors all float freely in the cap. Basically the middle part of the adaptor itself is now separate :) So with the cap and adaptor I now have three pieces. Because of that, I'm now actually happier with my Indulgence than I was before. The main problem I was having was the adaptors getting gunked up with liquid - as I mentioned, I can now just pull my adaptor to bits and wipe it completely clean . . .

oh, ok, --

well, I guess you have the cap with bullitt type adapters,

but i dont understand what you are saying about 3 pieces, --

please explain, --
or better still -- gimme a pix ------
with explanation as well --

I am interested in your 3 piece system --

much like Germany did to the Soccerros! Ha
ha! :toast:

ooooooooooooooooooooh, now that is a loooooooow blow ----

what can I say, we didn't make the grade on the day ???

the other team was too good on the day ??

you have to admit, it was a tough ask,
Germany is one of the top teams in the competition, --

but I don't think we disgraced ourselves, -
just, -- not good enough on the day -------- :blink:

hopefully, we will do better in the next few rounds, ----

watching ------ watching ------ :ohmy::blink::blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread