Ideal steeping time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
I still can't taste the Backo or the Adironback or the Cherry tobacco and Virginia for that matter. I could hardly taste any of those when I first got them. I am only now noticing hints of flavour in these liquids and they are probably nearing the 4 week mark. Applewood had some noticable apple flavours and an immense throat hit but I am letting that steep further as well.

I reckon Don should hire some people, train them in his fine alchemy and start bottling up liquid and storing it so it's already steeped by the time to consumer gets it. His juices are great and worth the wait but it's better if we don't have to wait several weeks to get the finest out of them!

Anthony

Hummm.........Just to take another look~

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
I got orders from BWB, AVE and and Vaperite almost simultaneously about 5 days ago. I am in Australia so delivery time has been somewhere between 7-14 days. I would have thought they 'should' be somewhat ready by now.

I found that 75% of these juices were not vapable immediately, and in the unlikely event that they are already steeped as much as they can be then they are just not for me. I doubt this though. This is my summary on the juices I got from those above vendors:

BWB - Approx age must be around the 2 week mark. Casablanca and Watermelon vaped well right away. Adironback, Backo, Cherry tobacco and a few others taste harsh, have very little flavours coming through and have a massive throat hit. I guess I should leave those longer. I seriously hope they improve because I was very excited about those.

Now I don't know if Casablanca from BWB is going to get better but this stuff was amazing right away.

Vaperite - Really pungent tobacco flavours that take time to adjust to in some cases, particularly if you are used to that 'fake' simulated tobacco juice many vendors make. Black Perique vaped well after I gave some of it a quick 5 seconds in the microwave in a glass bottle.
The organic and natural tobaccos vaped okay but I sense they will get better. They are still a bit harsh.
APV tobacco - AWESOME immediately. Subtle tones of vanilla and prune came through right away and left a great after taste, even overnight sometimes.

AVE - Bobba's Bounty and Gorilla juice AWESOME FLAVOUR right away. If these little guys steep even more I doubt I will be able to stop vaping them. They are different, indescribable, sublime, delightfully spicy with a hint of sweetness.
The Havana Gold, Flue Cured and Gamel taste like vinegar flavoured vapor and I seriously hope they improve because I was anticipating those ones.

I will add a caveat at this stage. Since I ordered these liquids I've had a bit of a chest infection so some of the juices may be a bit off in my chest and throat as a result. It still doesn't stop Bobbas Bounty, Casablanca and AGV tobacco tasting so good.

Or Maybe we should revisit this one as well???

Last edited:

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
It's the same in all the vendor sub forums - they are vendor specific, period. Vendors can't really post elsewhere, and we shouldn't post about other vendors in their house. Having said that, when you run a search on ECF, you can see what section all the results are in so there's no reason to find one's self lost - like posting chit chat where it doesn't belong (eg classies feedback), or putting your classified ad in the New Members forum.

So now ya know! Forum etiquette is even more important than rl imo, since we don't get tone or facial expressions lol

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Reguardless of all this , it is what it is...I will leave your posts & mine here In fact I will bring yours back to re- read...I represent Backwoods brew & no other...that is why we formed this forum to begin with...If you don't like the way it is run, then you can go elsewhere and ask your steeping questions & drop all you vender names to your hearts content..it is not allowed here,and I am sure that Don backs me on that 100%.

I didn't make a critique on the way the actual forum is run. I am taking to task the way you are sanctioning certain discussions about seeping especially given that this is actually a particular topic thread on 'steeping'. It seems irrational to me to criticise discussion on certain liquids lacking flavour because they haven't steeped sufficiently in a thread that is all about steeping.

Not only do I think it's reasonable but I think it's constructive especially when the thread is actually about steeping. Call it product awareness. Don's liquids do take a bit of time to steep. it is what it is and I think it's constructive for people such as myself to discuss their experience with the liquids.

Anyway, run the thread how ever you like. I like Don's liquids. Just today I sampled the applewood again and I really like it. It is coming along fine with some age.

Anthony

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
By the way, if you are representing Don and his products I don't think you are doing him much of a service to make such accusations or to sanction all discussions of other vendors and any kind of queries on his liquids. I doubt that would be the kind of brand culture Don would want to convey.

Anthony
I have asked her to keep track and make sure there isnt discussions of other vendors juices in my threads just like other vendors do in their threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread