I just want to say a big THANK YOU to all that helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
I received my Spinner/EVOD kit from my vapor store yesterday and my juice order from Blue Mist today. I charged everything up yesterday because I knew that the juice order would be here on Saturday. I won't bore you with all of the details, but I will say that everything went well with minimal problems that I'm sure everyone makes when they first start. I went whole hog and bought 120mils of Caramel Tobacco and Rum and Cola (in their strongest nicotine lvl with extra flavoring) from Blue Mist. I've tried them both and I love them. They should last me quite a while. I haven't had one analog all day and it doesn't bother me on bit. I love vaping now and it's because of all of you that helped me out. Pat yourselves on the back for a job well done. It's good to know that there are some good people on here that will help out if you need it. THANK YOU again!
Have a good day!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
:toast: It sounds like you are having a wonderful time!!!

Note of caution though: cola flavors are one of the worst for tank cracking. You may not have a problem, juice recipes vary from vendor to vendor, but keep an eye on your EVODS for cloudiness.

(Just for reference)
EEEKKK! What happened to my tank?

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
:toast: It sounds like you are having a wonderful time!!!

Note of caution though: cola flavors are one of the worst for tank cracking. You may not have a problem, juice recipes vary from vendor to vendor, but keep an eye on your EVODS for cloudiness.

(Just for reference)
EEEKKK! What happened to my tank?

Wow Ocelot I never even considered that kind of occurrence. I'd like to use a bigger tank on mine and I prefer a clearomizer. Can you make some suggestions please?
Thanks!

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Moon, PA, USA
Yay Danny!!! :toast: Welcome and Congrats on ditching the stinky analogs and vaping ON!! :vapor:

May I recommend the Kanger ProTank to you. It is a BCC (Bottom Coil Clearomizer) and it is glass and won't melt with the tank cracking juices. I have two and will be getting more for my different juices. I like to rotate. I think The Ocelot would recommend the same? I could be wrong lol :oops:

It's not the only glass tank, but a lot of people are loving this one, a few are not. You might want to read up on it here at the forum to decide if it will be right for you.

Last edited:

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Yay Danny!!! :toast: Welcome and Congrats on ditching the stinky analogs and vaping ON!! :vapor:

May I recommend the Kanger ProTank to you. It is a BCC (Bottom Coil Clearomizer) and it is glass and won't melt with the tank cracking juices. I have two and will be getting more for my different juices. I like to rotate. I think The Ocelot would recommend the same? I could be wrong lol :oops:

It's not the only glass tank, but a lot of people are loving this one, a few are not. You might want to read up on it here at the forum to decide if it will be right for you.

I was looking into the Kanger pro but I wasn't sure if it would fit my vision spinner. Do you know if it will fit? Thanks!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Wow Ocelot I never even considered that kind of occurrence. I'd like to use a bigger tank on mine and I prefer a clearomizer. Can you make some suggestions please?
Thanks!

As far as a bigger "clearomizer" that is safe to use with tank cracking juices, Stephuhnator is correct that the Protank is currently the only product. There are a couple of other clearos that appear to be safe, (CE3s & gotvapes Flüxomizer CE2 Deluxe) but they are significantly smaller. You can see pictures of them on my blog.

Aside from those, when using tank crackers, your only current options are: dripping; Vivi Novas with an all metal tube (not the kind with the juice window); cartomizers; and carto tanks made of glass or polypropylene.

My favorite is carto tanks, but I have two Protanks I'm in a like/dislike relationship with (not strong enough to be love/hate ;)) I seem to be in the minority though. They are very popular right now and have a growing fan base. I've never used an EVOD (because of the juices I like), but from what I've read the Protank and EVOD are similar in performance. If you like the EVOD, there is a good change you'll like the Protank. The price for a Protank is dropping too, so it wouldn't cost that much for you to try one.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

Really!?! What other 'glass' tanks are available & where would one find them:confused:

When I first started vaping I had no idea this forum existed. I came upon so many different issues that I was very discouraged. When I found this forum it easily became home for me. The help, advice, and warmth that I received when I had only just arrived helped me to where I am now and I couldn't be happier or more appreciative.

I've used a few of the tank systems and found that the SVT vision vivi nova was my favorite. Even though I have been vaping for about 18 months now I don't think I could give better advice than what has been posted already. Congrats on dropping the cigarettes. I smoked for 17 years and havn't had one in 18 months.. don't even think about them :)

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2009
    Next to the ocean, WA
    oktyabr.wordpress.com
    I think we are likely to be seeing more polypropylene tanks too. This is what the Smoktech RSST (and a few other tanks) is made of and so far it sounds like polypro deals with hostile juices much better than the polycarbonate "plastic" that is most commonly used.

All metal tanks (and drippers) are my preferred option although I have pyrex RBA's too. Of course nearly all my favorite juices are unfriendly to plastic so...

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    Really!?! What other 'glass' tanks are available & where would one find them:confused:

The only other current glass option is carto tanks. They are not as difficult to put together as some people imagine, but they don't have the same fast "plug and play" feature as the Protank,

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    When I first started vaping I had no idea this forum existed. I came upon so many different issues that I was very discouraged. When I found this forum it easily became home for me. The help, advice, and warmth that I received when I had only just arrived helped me to where I am now and I couldn't be happier or more appreciative.

I've used a few of the tank systems and found that the SVT vision vivi nova was my favorite. Even though I have been vaping for about 18 months now I don't think I could give better advice than what has been posted already. Congrats on dropping the cigarettes. I smoked for 17 years and havn't had one in 18 months.. don't even think about them :)

The only problem with the SVT Vivi Nova (sometimes called "The Neptune") is that the juice window in made of a polycarbonate blend and has the potential to degrade when exposed to certain juices. Why they didn't make the window out of polypropylene perplexes me, but the Chinese manufacturers have been slow to comprehend that customers would be willing to pay more for more durable gear.

Edward @Sun-Vapers was a consultant with Kanger on the design of the Protank and in his video introducing the product he comments on the apparent cluelessness of the manufacturers to the problem of strong juices. With the positive response the Protank has received, I am confident more glass products will be hitting the market soon. And as Oktybar pointed out, there are already more propylene devices starting to be sold.

Last edited:

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2013
    Moon, PA, USA
    I was looking into the Kanger pro but I wasn't sure if it would fit my vision spinner. Do you know if it will fit? Thanks!

Yes, like The Ocelot said, they will fit. I'm using my ProTanks on a 1300mah vision spinner with the beauty ring that comes with the Protank and I am loving them :wub: I also have a VAMO on the way to try out with the ProTanks, so excited :vapor:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    Yes, like The Ocelot said, they will fit. I'm using my ProTanks on a 1300mah vision spinner with the beauty ring that comes with the Protank and I am loving them :wub: I also have a VAMO on the way to try out with the ProTanks, so excited :vapor:

My guess is you will like them better on your VAMO. They look nice with the ring on my Twists, but weigh too much for me to be comfortable with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread