I am sad. I cut some 36mg juice 50/50 with glycerin and vaping it makes me feel yucky. Anyone else have this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbbishop

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
SLC, UT U.S.A.
Again, please check the label. If it says for external use you shouldn't be using it here. The glycerin I've seen on the shelf in most of the grocery stores in the pharmacy section is like that.

If you think you might not have the right stuff consider going to a craft store or a brew shop to pick up some that is definitely food grade. Try vaping the pure glycerin before you mix up any more maybe and see if it agrees with you.

vslim

Feb 19, 2009
Houston TX
Again, please check the label. If it says for external use you shouldn't be using it here. The glycerin I've seen on the shelf in most of the grocery stores in the pharmacy section is like that.

If you think you might not have the right stuff consider going to a craft store or a brew shop to pick up some that is definitely food grade. Try vaping the pure glycerin before you mix up any more maybe and see if it agrees with you.

I am getting tired of seeing this bad advice. If it is USP grade, if it says USP on the bottle it is safe. PERIOD. I find PG irritating, glycerin is fine for me. It is no wonder you feel nauseous, you are vaping 18 ml/ml juice. Cut it some more (and save some $$).

G35

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Boston, MA
I also get a sick feeling when I tried diluting with Glycerine. I used Wilton Glycerine and even tried a mild dilution of 10:1 e-juice (11mg)/glycerine and still got the same effects.

Also, it seemed to really mask the flavor of the e-juice. It gave me the feeling in my mouth of drinking seltzer water. I tried several times, with different juices and always got the same results. No flavor and strange vapor.

I have since been cutting with PG and have not had any problems.

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
It makes me feel nauseous. I've tried setting it aside and vaping another e-cig with regular pg juice, then going back to the glycerin blend but it has the same effect. It makes me feel like I'm carsick or something.

I'm so bummed! I'm curious if I am the only person who has had a reaction like this to glycerin.

I've been cutting my liquid with some 100% pure vg i got from a health food store. I can't say i've experienced any adverse reactions yet. It does knock down the flavors a lot but to be honest, i'm looking more for nicotine and economy rather than flavor. I have been experimenting with LorAnn flavors a little. The highest ratio i have used is a 50/50 mix. This mix lets me get through a month of vaping on around 30ml of liquid.

If i was you i'd check that you have a usp blend. Or try cutting with PG. Jaaxx over at www.juicyliquid.com has 30ml for i think $2.00.

I did find someone through the suppliers forum was selling 8oz of pg for just under $4.00. Haven't ordered any yet but will once my stock VG gets low. Found the link for this PG http://electronic-ash.com/estore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=20 Like i said i haven't ordered so can't vouch for this guy.

Last edited:

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
I didn't notice ill effects, but I have noticed "strange vaping" with DIY mix. The mix I use is in about the same proportions that TW uses. I use approx: 65% PG, 20% VG, 10% distilled water, remainder regular ejuice. I did notice it vaped better when I added flavorings vs. ejuice as the remainder part and am questioning if it is the alcohol in the flavorings that puts the vaping back to being closer to vaping 100% ejuice.

I, too, am using Wilton VG.

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
I am getting tired of seeing this bad advice. If it is USP grade, if it says USP on the bottle it is safe. PERIOD. I find PG irritating, glycerin is fine for me. It is no wonder you feel nauseous, you are vaping 18 ml/ml juice. Cut it some more (and save some $$).

There is a difference. USP is usually synthetic (however it is hit and miss. This is not good enough.) and it truly is for external use only. It WILL make you sick if you vape it. I know this from first hand experience. (The USP stuff made me very ill. VG won’t do that.) There is no question there is no debate. It is fact. (This fact has been proven time and time again here.)
Only use Vegetable Glycerin. That is marked “Vegetable Glycerin” Go to a homeopathic shop and look for it there. VG is Glycerin from vegetables and harmless. USP Glycerin can be a mix of vegetable and synthetic glycerin.

I also get a sick feeling when I tried diluting with Glycerine. I used Wilton Glycerine and even tried a mild dilution of 10:1 e-juice (11mg)/glycerine and still got the same effects.

Also, it seemed to really mask the flavor of the e-juice. It gave me the feeling in my mouth of drinking seltzer water. I tried several times, with different juices and always got the same results. No flavor and strange vapor.

I have since been cutting with PG and have not had any problems.

I found the same thing with the Walton brand. I think it may have just a hint of synthetic in it. It would be safe to eat but not to vape. The stuff I got from a local Homeopathic shop worked just fine and it was NOW brand and marked “100% Vegetable Glycerin” The NOW stuff is also much cheaper.

I'm a noob, just registered today.
All your infighting is convincing me to continue to smoke my three packs a day.

Hey, dogsteve. Welcome to ECF! Keep on vaping! I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker and since I switched to only vaping I have noticed some big changes in my health. Things like I am starting to get my lung capacity back and I am feeling generally better. The only benefit I am on the fence about is my sense of smell. I can now smell all the things I couldn’t before. This can be a good thing and a bad thing at times. lol :)
Don’t worry about the infighting. Some people just get their facts switched around sometimes. Or just have differences in opinion.

G35

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Boston, MA
I found the same thing with the Walton brand. I think it may have just a hint of synthetic in it. It would be safe to eat but not to vape. The stuff I got from a local Homeopathic shop worked just fine and it was NOW brand and marked “100% Vegetable Glycerin” The NOW stuff is also much cheaper.

I will give this a try. I really like the greater amount of vapor that glycerine produced so all other things being equal, I would rather use VG than PG. Thanks for the info.

G35

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Boston, MA
Baloney. USP means it has been put through extra tests to be sure it has no impurities. It has never made me sick, perhaps it has a different effect on vegetarians. Spend more if you want. What is making the original poster sick is the nicotine.

I have experienced a sick feling also and I am not a vegetarian. I have also tried adding glycerine to the juice that I vape daily, lowering its nicotine strength, and have had strange results.

ShimmyPrincess

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The Windy City

eLiciafay

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Naperville, IL

No, it was the brand of glycerine. I guess everybody's body is different and will react differently to things. I first tried glycerine that was marked USP but didn't say anything about for external use only. That made me sick. Late last night I tried Wilton brand, for cake icing. That didn't make me sick.

18 mg nic is NOT going to make me ill. My usual vape is 36 mg Riskee, neat. I'm trying to be a good girl and cut back. ;)

I'm a noob, just registered today.
All your infighting is convincing me to continue to smoke my three packs a day.

I have yet to see any "infighting" on this thread. Perhaps you're referring to something else? Either way, there is a handy dandy little "log out" button at the top of the screen for your convenience.

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
18 mg nic is NOT going to make me ill. My usual vape is 36 mg Riskee, neat. I'm trying to be a good girl and cut back. ;).

Too funny and darn girl you're hardcore ..... i smoked 25 - 30 for 30 years and i can't do 36mg straight for too long.:pRight now i'm on 24mg 50/50 mixed with vg. I'm thinking next order will be 18mg.

I have yet to see any "infighting" on this thread. Perhaps you're referring to something else? Either way, there is a handy dandy little "log out" button at the top of the screen for your convenience.

Again .... too funny, and also true !

eLiciafay

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Naperville, IL
Too funny and darn girl you're hardcore ..... i smoked 25 - 30 for 30 years and i can't do 36mg straight for too long.:pRight now i'm on 24mg 50/50 mixed with vg. I'm thinking next order will be 18mg.

I also don't smoke all day - just a few times a day - in the am, in traffic while running my am & pm shuttles for the kidlets, when stressed and after dinner. When I want my nic, I want it big, I want it fast, and I want it hard. Stepping down on a lower nic juice, I'm finding it just kind of tickles my brain a little bit but nothing like that high level nic that makes me say ahhhhhh....I might just pony up the bucks and stay with the high level stuff. Go big or go home, I say. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread