I am at a loss with our vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridvan

Aug 18, 2010
Memphis, Tn
As far as your vaping, you can't hotbox as you did the analogs. vaping is about sssssloooow, easy, controlled drags. 3-5 seconds. I light pull will get that mouthful of vapor. A strong pull will get a hint of vapor, lots of air. Just slow down, relax and enjoy those flavors. ;)
That's what works best for me as well......

Lemon-aid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Primer fluid is a liquid they put on to keep it moist. It tastes really nasty!

I just got a new batch of attys and had a hard time with the taste. I cleaned them out 3 times and it was still there. Finally I just vaped some menthol without inhaling and then switched to the flavor I wanted. It took a while for the menthol to go away but the primer taste was gone.

KayleePup

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
Primer is used by the manufacturer to keep the atty moist during shipping. You can usually blow it out. I just started up an eGo atty today and had to blow it out. Basically I took a paper towel and held it over the battery end(where the threads are to put the atty on the battery), then blew as hard and as long as I could through the end where I would put a cart. I got quite a bit of primer out of this atty since it is a big one for the eGo. I then wipe off the battery end and turn the atty around putting the battery connection end in my mouth and blowing as hard as I can again.

After doing this I didn't have much primer left in the atty so I attached it to a battery, put 2-3 drops of plain PG on the atty, put on an empty cart (no filler either) then took up to 20 short puffs not inhaling. Kinda like trying to start an analog in the wind with the .... of another analog, you know, puff, exhale, puff, exhale........

Then I put a couple drops of my flavored juice on the atty, attached a full cart and was ready to go. I didn't inhale the first couple of drags but it worked well all day long!

Hope that helps.
KayleePup

PS I tried mixing a batch of rootbeer flavored juice this week, boyfriend added a couple drops of menthol and says it is much better now. I tried it but only taste the menthol. He also recommends exhaling through his nose to better tell the flavors.

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
Joye puts in a "primer" in their atties, some more than others. This primer is designed to keep the wicks wet through storage. When you open a new atty, you should blow it out. Put the threaded end in your mouth, covering the cart end with a paper towel, or be somewhere you don't care if the liquid flys to the ground, and blow. You will get 2-3 drops of liquid come out. Its supposed to flavorless, nic free liquid, so maybe plain pg, who knows. It tastes like metal. Once thats done, take a nice full cart, and put it on. Line up the square box shape of the cart EXaCTLY over the white box inside the atty. Thats coil runs side to side in that white box in the bottom. If your cart runs across it, and you heat too much, you will burn the cart itself. It will take 5-10 second pulls, but it can be done, i've done it. You will see 2 half moon cutouts on the cart in the center, and taste burnt plastic. Line up that cart correct, or be easy.
Once cart is topped off, lined up right, then just take 2 second pulls until you start getting good flavor and drags. Itll take a couple minutes, literally about 2, but then your wick has worked out the factory liquid for your nic liquid. DONT inhale during this process until complete. It tastes like dookie, not that I know what that tastes like. Its actually easilly done, and will become second nature quickly.

Hey... we're onto carto's right now and it's actually pretty good. I have Mango loaded, (it came as a free sample) and it's not as strongly flavored as I'd like, but it's good and hasn't gotten funky yet.

Here's crossing our fingers and toes that this will work :)

You have ALL been so helpful and nice, thank you all so much.

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
What is this atty primer you speak of?

Is that the little piece of poly that's kind of wound around the atty? We found one on one of our attys and it was kind of like a little piece of snot. :(

The wick is the clear, feather looking stuff under the steel bridge, running the opposite direction. It is supposed to look like a bowtie of sorts, with wick poking out both sides of the bridge.Its there to hold liquid close to the coil. Its folded in half so one end has ends, and other is looped. Youll get some atties that arent exact on that, and wicks are sort of hiden, and some where you can see the wick is wound under, and some of it touches the coil itself. This isnt supposed to happen, and it will cause issues, be forwarned. It can be fixed, but only by experts in atties. I'm not going there right now. You can try to remove that wick from the atties that you have given up on..check utube for the video- 510 wick removal.

PS I tried mixing a batch of root beer flavored juice this week, boyfriend added a couple drops of menthol and says it is much better now. I tried it but only taste the menthol. He also recommends exhaling through his nose to better tell the flavors.

I hope you aren't using the sassafras from LorAnn to mix it.

Add a couple extra drops of whatever you're using for the root beer part and it should cover up the menthol part. If you get it just right, it's exactly like vaping a root beer barrel, but the menthol is important to the mix too or then it's just root beer and not nearly as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread