Not open for further replies.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
I found this section very interesting:

Safety
Adverse events were reported by 114 participants in the placebo group (193 adverse events) and 113 participants in the active treatment group (227 adverse events). Fifty three serious events occurred, none of which was related to treatment. Two local symptoms were significantly more common in the active treatment group than the placebo group: throat irritation (14 v 4; 95% confidence interval for odds ratio 1.13 to 15.6) and coughing (13 v 4; 1.1 to 10.6). The total numbers of adverse events relating to symptoms usually associated with nicotine (nausea, vomiting, and palpitation) were evenly distributed between the groups; nausea or nausea and vomiting was reported by eight in the placebo group and nine in the active treatment group, with corresponding figures for palpitation of two and one, respectively.

In other words, very little difference between the ones on real nicotine and those on a placebo! LOL! Ergo their conclusion: SAFE

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
Spikey
Ask any pharmacist for a copy of the patient insert for the nicotrol inhaler, it contains nicotine and PG! Any reputable pharmacist should help you with research articles as they have special access to the pharm MD sites. I am an RN hoping to market my business through MD referrals and have 4 on board. I will be using your research to add to this list. Thanks for a great job well done for all of us. I would send you the insert if you PM me with an addy as I am unable at this site.
Good luck and happy vaping.
Bonnie:)

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
A hugh thanks to you Spikey. Good research. Needs to be made a sticky or put where we can find it easy.

Myrtle, good research on nic inhalers. this need to be included.

We really need this to refer to when we have some of those "professional e-cig are really bad for you" to read or a least the New people can read it and not get scared off.

towardsthelight

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Ohio
Every single person that vapes owes Spikey a huge thank you! THANK YOU! You are my hero!

I am quite new here but have learned so much from you... I owe you a giant thank you for all you've done for our education, support, and the freakin' government who wants to screw us all... I have tried many methods of quittin the analogs and after just one week of vapin, I feel I finally have found a way to leave the cancer stix behind without looking back! You are my hero!!! Keep fighting for us please!

Spikey
Ask any pharmacist for a copy of the patient insert for the nicotrol inhaler, it contains nicotine and PG! Any reputable pharmacist should help you with research articles as they have special access to the pharm MD sites. I am an RN hoping to market my business through MD referrals and have 4 on board. I will be using your research to add to this list. Thanks for a great job well done for all of us. I would send you the insert if you PM me with an addy as I am unable at this site.
Good luck and happy vaping.
Bonnie:)
Thanks Bonnie.. sent u a PM!

Great Information! I am glad to see there are peoplelike you fighting for our rights to vape.

I think you meant to say "from" in the text below. I am sure your spell check would have caught it, but I wanted to tell you just in case.

"Quote fron this article:"
Thx Crisco.. I edited that part out on the webpage.

Superb work!

I'm not going to pick you up on "miniscule" (actually properly "minuscule") - I'm just a pedant :)

A definite 'cut-out-and-keeper', even if I'm non-US - well done!
Wow... I was the spelling bee champ in 5th grade... I should know how to spell that ! LOL! Thanks Nick!

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
The bottom line is this: Propylene glycol as the base carrier liquid for the small percentage of liquid nicotine found in e-cigarettes is a safe and well-studied substance. It truly amazes me to hear such misinformation spread, even by doctors and health groups, about propylene glycol and e-cigarettes. E-cigarettes are in fact considered by many reputable doctors and others in the field of tobacco harm reduction to be nearly one-hundredth as harmful as the so freely available tobacco cigarettes they were designed to be an alternative to. I believe the misinformation is deliberately propogated by people with a vested interest in seeing these devices do not succeed in replacing TOBACCO cigarettes. The media may succeed in scaring consumers, but the government cannot justifiably ban this device without some form of ACTUAL study showing detriment to the body of the user or the people around the user..
. . .
Excellent, Spikey!

The only spelling error I caught outright was propogated, which should be propagated.

Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread