How we know PG is safer than analog cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magestorm

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
It's happened before. When Saccarin was found to be carcinogenic, the FDA moved to have it recalled and taken from store shelves. the people spoke up, and to this day, we STILL have Sweet n Low on store shelves.

Will this happen to Electronic cigarettes? I believe so. People will get disgusted and fed up and launch a campagn.

Oh, wait. We already are.

Personally, I feel we the people should band together and sue the FDA in a class action lawsuit for medical malpractice.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
Territoo,

I know that we are preaching to the choir here. It is frustrating all of us that we might have something we desperately need taken away from us.

I, like a lot of people, have a lot at stake here. In 2004 I had a 5 line heart by-pass. Since then I have had a lot of breathing problems. All of my doctors have made my quitting smoking their number one priority. My Cardiologist told me point blank that if I didn't quit smoking I would not live past 10 years. My lung doctor had already told m that I was very close to COPD. I have had Pneumonia 4 times. So, what is worth the risk for my finding an alternative to smoking. Since I have quit smoking all my lung issues have completely disappeared. I know that nicotine still poses a risk for heart problems but much lower than smoking cigarettes. By the way I told my GP about the e-cig and he is all for it.

I am positive that there are hundreds of thousands of people in the same situation I am.

Kevin

Last edited:

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
...... There are 2 companies, Johnson Creek and Echopure which claim to produce non tobacco based nicotine.....
Kevin
Where have you seen it stated that ECOpure doesn't contain nicotine derived from tobacco?

AFAIK, intellicig have never claimed this, so I would be interested to find out where you got tis from.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England

McMongo

Aug 17, 2011
U.P. Mi
Going to revive this thread, if this has been covered, I’m sorry and if it need to be Elsewhere please move it to a proper location.

Here's a good Article written by KARL G. RULING
Link: http://www.wizardsdenspfx.com/LDFog.PDF

Excerpt copied and pasted:
A tremendous amount is known about the glycols used in the fog fluids. They
Have been extensively tested on mammals, and used for about half a
Century in industry. More than a generation of workers have spent their lives
working with these compounds and being exposed to them in a variety of ways.

LOVE THIS EXCERPT:
"The exposed ones actually had fewer diseases. They think it's because these compounds have fairly effective anti-bacterial and Anti-viral activity when they are in the air, so those animals had fewer infections," Says Dr. James P. Kehrer, head of the Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology at the University of Texas at Austin.

**Hummm might be evidence to argue that it could be healthy for you, lol which is also supported by research done on children in 1940, "page 1 on this forum http://www.ajph.org/...nt/36/4/390.pdf " **
This is more credible scientific evidence than what big brother has and is using to push their agenda
.......:blink:

Link: http://www.wizardsdenspfx.com/NIOSHFOG.PDF

Excerpt copied and pasted:
Glycol/water fogs produced by the machines and fluids of the major fog machine manufacturers are among the
safest theatrical effects one can use. The amounts of chemicals used in the fog are low and the chemicals are
benign. There is no credible evidence of illness caused by glycol-based fogs. At the request of Actors' Equity
Association and the League of American Theatres and Producers, the National
Institute for Occupational Safety and Health recently conducted a study of fog
Use on several Broadway productions (HETA 90-355-2449).

PLASA.ORG
LINK: http://tsp.plasa.org/tsp/working_groups/FS/docs/HSE.pdf

Excerpt copied and paisted:
PG has been well studied. Its systemic toxicity is very low and it has been used extensively in
food and pharmaceuticals compared to other dihydric glycols. The hazards to health in the
industrial handling and use of PG seem to be negligible.

"no hazard to health since the systemic toxicity is so low."

Here's a short list of goverment and institutions that have studies and or have registered PG safe:
EPA, FDA, OSHA, NIOSH, ACGIH, Actors' Equity Association, League of American Theatres and Producers, PLASA,.. Just to name a few of what I found last night.

Anyway might be useful.
Thanks
McMongo aka David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread