How to know when to clean atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowDemon420

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Charlotte NC
Hey guys I am just wondering I bought a new atomizer about 2 weeks ago and it was working fine but then It started to not get a good hit.. so I was like ahh well hell how about I try blowing it out so I did and alot of juice came out and I just kept blowing until it was completly dry and then it wouldent hit what so ever lol like I gues I killed it I just bought a new one just now.. so my gues is when do you know to blow or drain the atomizer cause this is the third atomizer I have had and the second one was a really short life I droped it in a bathroom and it died instantly so when do you know to blow on it and how much do you blow on it? I have a myfreedomsmokes 401 ok thanks!

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
how much do you blow on it... I do not drip liquid on the atmoizer only the cartridge thanks tho I am just seeing how I killed that atomizer

You probably didn't kill it. When you thoroughly clean them they take a while to come back. Put a few drops on it, fill a cart, and suck yer brains out for a few minutes. They usually fire back up again.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
I just put the atomizer in my mouth and blow from the threaded side with a tissue in front of the coil side. I do that till liquid stops dripping out of the atomizer into the tissue, then I leave the atomizer sitting, coil side down to drain the rest of the way.

ATT00004.jpg

ShadowDemon420

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Charlotte NC
Thanks guys so much for your help I will try it all out thanks! I just driped a little bit in my atomizer that I bought 2 weeks works agian I gues I just drained the hell out of that one the first one is completly shot and wont work so the first one is gone but now I have 2 working atomizers that will work for me thanks for your help guys! I appreciate it alot thank you

Last edited:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Thanks guys so much for your help I will try it all out thanks! I just driped a little bit in my atomizer that I bought 2 weeks works agian I gues I just drained the hell out of that one the first one is completly shot and wont work so the first one is gone but now I have 2 working atomizers that will work for me thanks for your help guys! I appreciate it alot thank you

Better get a couple of backups on order.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
I don't want to hijack here but I'd rather not make another thread.

My atomizer dipped a bit in performance and I cleaned it up, rinsed it, blew it (lol), dried it, so on. Now when I use it, I get great vapor and everything but there's an odd burnt/electronic type taste/smell.

Any ideas?

U May Have Burn't it by Dry Start or Not Enough Juice After Cleaning.

Try using it with a really wet cart to see if that helps. If that works until the cart gets a little dry, thats probably the issue.

FYI: After Cleaning Add 3 Good Drops of Juice, Let It Soak In Upright For A Few Good Minutes.

That May Help.

Keep Vapin~

prr2freya

ECF Veteran
I blow mine out twice a day with canned air(at least) with a tissue up against the wick..including before I go to sleep. once or twice a week I give it a soak in rubbing alcohol then blow it out with canned air really well... then right away I dip the wick and let is soak up as much as it likes... take a few puffs real fast and is as good as new. Have not lost any quality... have not had an atomizer death as of yet.

I avoid water.

The only time I see a drop in vapor production is after i have been vaping a thick liquid for several hours.. (DIY stuff)... a blowout always fixes it right up! OR.... when the battery is about to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread