Does the metal inside the atomizer rust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Orlando, Florida
OK so i wanted to know if the inside of the atomizer rust if you do not dry it by blowdrying it completely after rinsing it with water.

The problem im having is that after a diet coke soak bath for my 510 atomizers. I then blow dry the atomizer completely. Drop 3 drops of liquid inside the atomizer and let it run a couple of times. When i let it run, i can see the inside of the atomizer burning up all the residue (i can see red, and it sizzles) I let it run (on and off) until the atomizer does not get red anymore.

This should all be a good thing, but the problem is that everything taste burnt after that ( i might wanna add that even if i do not let it "burn" all the crap inside, it taste even worse). I even tried rinsing the atomizers again in water to see if i could get the burnt taste out, but not luck.

The first time it happened, the taste kinda just disappeared over time. But when i wanna vape, then i just dont wanna open a brand new atomizer for the purpose of waiting for the taste of the older atomizers to be gone.

So what im guessing is that i have let waaay too much crap build up in the atomizer. I literaly soak the atomizers in diet coke when they produce little vapor and run really hot.

So the method i was thinking was that to alivieate the build up of crap, i should rinse my atomizers every night and let it sit so that it can dry by itself over night. What worries me is that if the inside of the atomizers rust.....well i just dont want that crap going inside my lungs.

I could probably get the burnt taste out if i let my atomizers soaking in water overnight though. But that means that its taking me 2 NIGHTS cleaning the atomizers. I do not want to spend that much time cleaning them.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I found that my burnt taste comes from the cart fiber. When it gets dry, it tastes burnt. Once the burnt taste gets into the fiber, it seems to last. I change the material and start fresh. No more burnt taste.

Rust? All the attys I have are brass and/or stainless. No rust.

I don't think washing them every night will remove the buildup (IMHO) The build up is like a solid ash, and is hard as a rock. Water wont cut it. that's why we see so many posts about cleaning attys. Nothing that is safe, seems to cut that hard scale.

I believe that we'll have to chemically cut it, but the bottom line is finding a safe chemical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread