Homemade Vaoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonasfhshhs

Jul 6, 2019
image.jpg
So I had a mid temp glue gun that u took apart and electrical taped the heating mechanism on the bottom of a 3 inch tall glass jar (1 in wide). And placed a metal straw about 1” down through a hole in the cap. I also made another hole in the cap so air can get out. If i plugged it in and filled it with vape juice, would i be able to cape with it. I am planning on testing it with only water first, and will only use it once or twice as an experiment.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
View attachment 825325 So I had a mid temp glue gun that u took apart and electrical taped the heating mechanism on the bottom of a 3 inch tall glass jar (1 in wide). And placed a metal straw about 1” down through a hole in the cap. I also made another hole in the cap so air can get out. If i plugged it in and filled it with vape juice, would i be able to cape with it. I am planning on testing it with only water first, and will only use it once or twice as an experiment.

To produce vapor you need to get the juice up in the range of 400F. If the jar isn't Pyrex, prepare to clean up a mess of broken glass and juice. Even if the jar doesn't self destruct, you probably won't like the vapor.

This is beginning to sound like one of those, "Hey ya'll, Watch This!" videos. Those never turn out well.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
To produce vapor you need to get the juice up in the range of 400F. If the jar isn't Pyrex, prepare to clean up a mess of broken glass and juice. Even if the jar doesn't self destruct, you probably won't like the vapor.
Yep, heating up a large quantity of juice to its boiling point isn't the right way to vape. There's a reason we use wicks to transport just the required amount of juice to a relatively small heating element.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um should you go through with this... For posterity's sake can you have someone video tape it?

It doesn't have to be like "Faces of Death" or anything (although It might be) but it could sort of serve as an instructional "do not do this please" video for new builders. You know.

Anna

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
I dug up some plutonium, and I'm gonna use some spare parts I found around the garage to enrich it. I have a few glue guns also and some duct tape that might suffice for a flux capacitor. All I need is a DeLorean. But will it vape? Is 1.21 gigawatts too much power to vape? I'm using quantum sub-ohm SMOK coils.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
View attachment 825325 So I had a mid temp glue gun that u took apart and electrical taped the heating mechanism on the bottom of a 3 inch tall glass jar (1 in wide). And placed a metal straw about 1” down through a hole in the cap. I also made another hole in the cap so air can get out. If i plugged it in and filled it with vape juice, would i be able to cape with it. I am planning on testing it with only water first, and will only use it once or twice as an experiment.
FFS just smoke a cigarette already.

Cheers
I

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Is it sad that I've actually conceived of something like this myself? Of course, I wasn't going to McGuiver mine. Nope, no duct tape, bailing twine, or hot glue...

Ahhhh McGuiver. When I was in my early twenties in Miami I use to service vending machines. It was a very dangerous job pulling money out of machines in some laundry mat in the hood, even more so at the high schools. That damn episode McGuiver did where he put water down a coin slot of a vending machine, thus making it spew all the money it contained, caused me so much grief for 2 months. Every coin and dollar reader had to be replaced on just about every machine on my route. And, no the water trick does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread