Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I use drip-shields pretty much on every device I use, both for leakage and draw correction. I find most atties and cartos by themselves to be too airy, and the drip-shields tighten it up just enough that I can feel the resistance when vaping. That and the fact that they contain the excess drippage that I tend to do every now and again make them indispensable for me.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Iffy, would you expand on that?

Short and sweet... eGo batt (3.7V preferred)/eMDCC combo, then Buzz Pros with eMDCCs and carto/tanks. I only use 306 atties for testing sample flavs, no shields required.
icon_wink.gif

IMAVAPER, what system are you using?

Last edited:

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
Had to look twice to make sure I didn't start this thread because I uttered the exact same thing when I discovered drip shields.

Started dripping exclusively when I purchased the HH.357 Cisco Spec Hybrid Atomizer from Avid Vaper. You really have to keep this atomizer wet or it doesn't vape properly, so I would usually wind up over dripping. When I started to notice juice stains on my shirt (from wearing my pv on a lanyard) I decided to see what these drip shields were all about.

Haven't seen a leak since I began using it. The drip shield is an amazingly simple, yet effective accessory.

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
IMAVAPER, what system are you using?

Right now, the LR 510 atty that came with my KGO (I de-bridged and de-wicked) and an Empire Drip Shield (red, cut). I've been bouncing between using it on my ProVari from 3.7-4v and my KGO. Vapes about the same on both.

I have two cisco 2ohm 306s on the way that'll likely replace my LR 510s completely.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I didn't really see the benefit to a shield until recently. The mods I'm most likely to drip have nice juice wells and I don't carry them in my pockets or lay them down.

But, then I picked up a couple of shields in advance of getting my VVPV. I knew from what a couple of the beta testers had said that I would appreciate having one for that mod. - Before my VVPV came, I ended up trying out the drip shields on a couple of tube mods that don't have drip wells and that I normally would use cartos on instead of dripping. It kept them perfectly clean. And, I suppose it does change the airflow somewhat.

Now, I find my drip shields to be an important accessory. One is always on my VVPV, of course, and the other seems to have found a home on one of my rough stacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread