My Cousin is Flippin' Awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
So I've been on the fence over whether or not I want to continue dripping or using cartos. The one Smoktech dual-coil carto I had kinda sucked. Filling it was a pain!! And I almost always over-filled it.

Well, my cousin, who seriously knows his stuff, invited me over to learn how to fill up a Boge 510 carto using the "condom" method. After showing me, he stepped out of the room and came back in and set a Torpedo VVV in front of me. "Happy birthday and merry Christmas," he said.

He gave me his Torpedo VVV (aka the Lavatube)!!! I was speechless! I've come from an eGo-T, to a Kgo VV, to the Torpedo VVV (Lavatube)!!!!!

Holy crap! What an awesome cousin! He rocks a Provari and a Provari Mini, and he has a handful of other batteries, but this was almost too much! I love this thing! Even though my Kgo VV was, well, variable voltage, as a battery, it didn't last very long, even at 4.5 volts. This thing will last a full day and a half of consistent vaping!

I still prefer my low-res attys as compared to the carto, but I'm glad I know how to properly fill a carto and use it. Plus I will always have my attys if I really want to TASTE the juice.

Do you have a Torpedo VVV (a renamed Lavatube)? What do you think of it? What tank/carto/atty do you use with yours?

Last edited by a moderator:

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
So I've been on the fence over whether or not I want to continue dripping or using cartos. The one Smoktech dual-coil carto I had kinda sucked. Filling it was a pain!! And I almost always over-filled it.

Well, my cousin, who seriously knows his stuff, invited me over to learn how to fill up a Boge 510 carto using the "condom" method. After showing me, he stepped out of the room and came back in and set a Torpedo VVV in front of me. "Happy birthday and merry Christmas," he said.

He gave me his Torpedo VVV (aka the Lavatube)!!! I was speechless! I've come from an eGo-T, to a Kgo VV, to the Torpedo VVV (Lavatube)!!!!!

Holy crap! What an awesome cousin! He rocks a Provari and a Provari Mini, and he has a handful of other batteries, but this was almost too much! I love this thing! Even though my Kgo VV was, well, variable voltage, as a battery, it didn't last very long, even at 4.5 volts. This thing will last a full day and a half of consistent vaping!

I still prefer my low-res attys as compared to the carto, but I'm glad I know how to properly fill a carto and use it. Plus I will always have my attys if I really want to TASTE the juice.

Do you have a Torpedo VVV (a renamed Lavatube)? What do you think of it? What tank/carto/atty do you use with yours?

Awesome who do you have to kill now. LOL
My cousins never gave me anything but an ... wiping. LOL

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I like the attitude of a lot of veteran vapers. They're so pumped up about quitting smokes, and there's an entirely new world of vaping out there. This is like A.A. without the shame. We're all willing to sacrifice and give to "pay it forward" to new vapers. I like this attitude. My cousin's gift was gratefully received... I passed my eGo-T onto a coworker who broke his last night (I still have my Kgo as a back-up). Other coworkers have shared or given their juice to desperate noobs even though it put a dent in their own supply.

Basically, I love my vaping community.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
I like the attitude of a lot of veteran vapers. They're so pumped up about quitting smokes, and there's an entirely new world of vaping out there. This is like A.A. without the shame. We're all willing to sacrifice and give to "pay it forward" to new vapers. I like this attitude. My cousin's gift was gratefully received... I passed my eGo-T onto a coworker who broke his last night (I still have my Kgo as a back-up). Other coworkers have shared or given their juice to desperate noobs even though it put a dent in their own supply.

Basically, I love my vaping community.

+1. I remember everyone that was willing to take me under their wings on ECF when I got started even though I was just a noob that bought a KR808 after my first crappy smoke shop kit that died. I remember my first bigger battery and the whole new world of not being tied to charging constantly, the feeling of freedom to go on about my day without worrying about them constantly. I remember getting my first APV (and only one I own right now) and the feeling of blowing a vapor cloud that I was afraid might actually start raining juice on my head. I still use all 3 types of pvs depending on the situation. I still lean on those more knowledgable than I am when I'm experiencing some kind of vape frustration. I think it's important that we all remember how we felt the first day we encountered e-cigs, the first day we logged on to a forum and felt a little overwhelmed by the choices, and the way we felt when someone came along and said... "hey, I've been where you are, here's what I've found." Those people literally helped me save my life. There is no way any of us can ever truly pay that back.... it's something we need to strive to pay FORWARD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread