Holy crap e-cigs have changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaTank

Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
United States
I first used them to (briefly) quit smoking 5 years ago. The only models were chinese made, and didn't produce vapor for anything.

Now a few years later the urge to quit has come back around, and I find myself overwhelmed with choices. tank system? 10 different models, and a pretty much standard set of systems to interchange atomizers and batteries? Holy crap!

I got myself a standard auto 510 I've been vaping, and just ordered a larger 510 battery and a set of clearomizers. Just waiting for them to arrive, and loving this new fluid I got (again, the options now are 10X better than a few years ago.

So, hello?:vapor:

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I started vaping over 3 years ago with a super-mini. These days I use something slightly larger ;) :D

A GGTS :)
GGTS015.jpg

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
It is a really good time to make the perma switch. I was in the same boat as you a couple years ago. Tech was not there so I went the ryo route. I am glad I came back and I have been smoke free for a year. It only took me 2 weeks to completely quit this time. I started back out on a Prodigy and many mods later I am still going strong.

clark8876

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
Perth, Australia
Yep, the technology is really accelerating.

I started approx 18mths ago and the choices then were fairly limited. Hey, the eGo was pretty new then!!

Now there is so many options that it makes my head spin. I have my finger on the trigger ready to buy and then someone comes up with the next "latest and greatest".

This is great for the industry and us mere vapers!! LOL

DaTank

Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
United States
It is a really good time to make the perma switch. I was in the same boat as you a couple years ago. Tech was not there so I went the ryo route. I am glad I came back and I have been smoke free for a year. It only took me 2 weeks to completely quit this time. I started back out on a Prodigy and many mods later I am still going strong.

I'm using the 510 now and haven't had a normal cig in a week now. It wasn't so much I felt I HAD to switch, but when I got a liquid I really enjoyed it came down to me wanting the 510 over a normal cig. It was a nice switch. It leaks though, so I'm glad I'm moving onto something better.

I found that I love the green cow flavor from liberty flights. This is also coming from someone who was a menthol smoker. Having the bite (throat hit I guess) when I draw is similar to heavy menthols and I like it.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Welcome! I was blown away too when I decided to try ecigs again, I had the same experience as you had a couple years ago, puny no vapor 3 part systems that I quickly grew tired of. I started looking into ecigs again this summer and by fall I had quit analogs. Here is my latest addition. GLV 2 Super Mini- 001.jpg
I still use my Halo G6 too, they are just so nice and light and warm to vape.
Enjoy the ride! Ecigs are so much fun now :) bnrk

chevelle

ECF Veteran
Welcome back! Best part is that even an inexpensive system today gives a great vaping experience compared to the stuff available even 2-3 years ago. Liquids and hardware both have improved immensely. Tried e-cigs very briefly in early '09 myself and was completely unimpressed. Promptly wrote them off as just another failed gimmick and kept on smoking. Glad I gave them another shot early this year! Massive improvements. Just as important to me, I found the ECF!

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread