New vaper - got my Halo G6 4 days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

p51mustang23

Sep 21, 2013
New England
Well, here's a thread to introduce myself.
For the last 2.5 years I've either gone through a pack of cigs a day, or a tin of dip a day. One of my coworkers brought in a Blu cig kit to work, resulting in me trying a blu disposable. The vapor was weak but tasted really good, plus I could use it indoors without the smell!

I immediately did an internet search for e-cig reviews, as I instinctively knew there would be something better than blu out there. I discovered some good sites such as this one (I've always been a forum junky). Who would have known there was anything better than a cig-a-like??:blink:

Well I ended up getting a blu starter kit at a local store. As most of you seem to know, Blu makes a crap product and I still found myself smoking at least a few cigs a day. Not to mention that it costs about the same as analogs!

Giving up on Blu, I bought the Halo G6 that I really wanted. 2 78mm batteries and one 102mm manual battery.

First Impression of Halo:
I could immediately tell that the hardware was A grade. However the flavors tasted like crap, through both the mini clearomizer and the cartomizers. I now know that they needed to steep for a few days, as they have lost a perfumy chemical taste that they arrived with. I'm presently enjoying the flavors quite a bit.

My 102mm battery lasts me nearly an entire work day! Sadly, one 78mm battery is having issues, which I have emailed Halo about.

I find myself liking vaping better than smoking. Which is a great thing. I plan to slowly accumulate more parts and eventually a Halo Triton system.

Where would you guys recommend I look for more juices outside of Halo? I will only buy made in the USA stuff, and preferably lab grade. I like anything that isnt menthol.

Dustmight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Detroit, MI USA
I'm a relatively new vaper as well, and got a G6 kit right off the bat. It works great, but if you're even considering a Triton or the kit I highly recommend you do it. As for juices made in the US, I've tried selections from Mt. Baker Vapor (very reasonable prices with decent flavors), Rocket Fuel Vapor (outstanding flavors). I've got orders in With Pink Spot and a new company called Darkest Days vapors that have some unique sounding dessert type juices (with strange names and artwork to boot). Most companies have sample packs or smaller 5ml sizes making sampling their wares much more affordable.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Congratulations on the switch to vaping, and welcome to ECF!

If you have any questions about your Halo gear or experience, you can post in the Halo sub-forum after you make your 5th post. Halo

Feel free to try out other liquids if you so desire. All you need is some blank cartomizers and the juice of your choice from any vendor you choose.

I've been using the Triton Tank kit for over 5 months without any problems, and still love some Halo e-liquids. My favorites currently are Voodoo Voodoo E-liquid | Halo E Liquid and Southern Classic Southern Classic E-liquid | Halo E Liquid

If you have any questions, let us know. Also, what sort of flavors were you most interested in vaping?

Halofan2013

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Norcal
The g6 is great. I started similar to you. I started with blu mad like vaping but not their product as well as v2. Once I found halo I haven't looked back. Once you get going keep an eye on the triton starter kit. I really is a big upgrade to the g6.

I also learned the hard way about steeping too. When I first tris midnight apple it was horrible. Super perfumey. I let it steep and now it is pretty much in my daily rotation.

p51mustang23

Sep 21, 2013
New England
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! It's great to see that the community is so active on these boards.

I'm a relatively new vaper as well, and got a G6 kit right off the bat. It works great, but if you're even considering a Triton or the kit I highly recommend you do it. As for juices made in the US, I've tried selections from Mt. Baker Vapor (very reasonable prices with decent flavors), Rocket Fuel Vapor (outstanding flavors). I've got orders in With Pink Spot and a new company called Darkest Days vapors that have some unique sounding dessert type juices (with strange names and artwork to boot). Most companies have sample packs or smaller 5ml sizes making sampling their wares much more affordable.

The Triton is simply an eventuality. I may order the starter kit along with my next liquid purchase. I just have to have it! I can already see why so many people on here have such large collections of equipment.

Luckily I saw fit to try the mini clearo tanks with my first g6 order. It was a good choice, although they don't seem to like being carried in my pockets, as I have an active job.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Instead of Blu I started with White Cloud, but I also moved on to the Halo G6. A couple of their flavors initially horrified me, until they steeped. There are several Halo flavors I still like very much (Belgian Cocoa, Tribeca, Mocha Java), but they're expensive.

I've bought liquids from quite a few places and am very pleased with High Desert Vapes. I'm a major sweet tooth, and their sweet vapes are fantastic. If you're looking for a variety of other flavors, I sure recommend them, and they have 40% off liquids right now. If steeping time is an issue, avoid organics, which are supposed to steep about 2 weeks, or else include some other flavors to fill that time. I think tobacco flavors in general have to steep a while. Not a problem for me with my coffee and dessert flavors, but just something to be aware of.

Thought I'd move up to a Triton, too, but ended up with less expensive eGo batteries and XL LR cartomizers. I still use my G6s as backups and like the mini tanks for my Halo flavors.

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Well, here's a thread to introduce myself.
For the last 2.5 years I've either gone through a pack of cigs a day, or a tin of dip a day. One of my coworkers brought in a Blu cig kit to work, resulting in me trying a blu disposable. The vapor was weak but tasted really good, plus I could use it indoors without the smell!

I immediately did an internet search for e-cig reviews, as I instinctively knew there would be something better than blu out there. I discovered some good sites such as this one (I've always been a forum junky). Who would have known there was anything better than a cig-a-like??:blink:

Well I ended up getting a blu starter kit at a local store. As most of you seem to know, Blu makes a crap product and I still found myself smoking at least a few cigs a day. Not to mention that it costs about the same as analogs!

Giving up on Blu, I bought the Halo G6 that I really wanted. 2 78mm batteries and one 102mm manual battery.

First Impression of Halo:
I could immediately tell that the hardware was A grade. However the flavors tasted like crap, through both the mini clearomizer and the cartomizers. I now know that they needed to steep for a few days, as they have lost a perfumy chemical taste that they arrived with. I'm presently enjoying the flavors quite a bit.

My 102mm battery lasts me nearly an entire work day! Sadly, one 78mm battery is having issues, which I have emailed Halo about.

I find myself liking vaping better than smoking. Which is a great thing. I plan to slowly accumulate more parts and eventually a Halo Triton system.

Where would you guys recommend I look for more juices outside of Halo? I will only buy made in the USA stuff, and preferably lab grade. I like anything that isnt menthol.

Welcome to ECF! My story is very similar to yours with the blu cig. I ordered the G6, and it is terrific! Since I vape like crazy, Im going for the Triton next! Good to hear from all my fellow HALO-ers. Hope to see ya around the forums. About the ejuice, I've ordered from Pink Spot and mister E Liquid. Both companies are in the US. Happy shopping and....VAPE ON!!!!!

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Welcome! Your start is like mine..G6 and I haven't looked back at analogs since! Not sure which flavors you tried of Halos but Torque 56 is a great, no fluff tobacco. Prime is a smoother tobacco and a great ADV. Voodoo, well I can't even describe it and its AWESOME!!!!

Enjoy and pop over sometime to the Halo forum!! But be prepared.....I ended up going for the Triton 450, 900 and now VV after hanging out in that forum! LOLOLOL :evil:

phxwench

Sep 1, 2013
USA
Welcome to ECF and you're going to love the Halo Triton. I DIY my juices and I thought I would strictly stick to menthol flavors since that's what I smoked previously, however I'm having lots of fun with fruity flavors and the only tobacco-like flavor I use is the menthol or minty ones. I still like the vanilla, cherry, and menthol flavors that Blu offers on their cartridges for my stealth vaping, so I bought a 510 ego to 801 thread adapter and I vape my blu carts on my Triton to warm them up real good before swapping them to my blu batteries when I have to go somewhere like grocery shopping. I think the blu cartridges also perform better after they've been heated up by my Triton battery first. Then I refill the blu carts with my similar DIY juices after about 10 good puffs on them, long before the risk of burning the insides out and my cartridges last a long time. But for really good flavor, my Triton tanks and my Tumbler tanks are amazing.

p51mustang23

Sep 21, 2013
New England
Instead of Blu I started with White Cloud, but I also moved on to the Halo G6. A couple of their flavors initially horrified me, until they steeped. There are several Halo flavors I still like very much (Belgian Cocoa, Tribeca, Mocha Java), but they're expensive.

I've bought liquids from quite a few places and am very pleased with High Desert Vapes. I'm a major sweet tooth, and their sweet vapes are fantastic. If you're looking for a variety of other flavors, I sure recommend them, and they have 40% off liquids right now. If steeping time is an issue, avoid organics, which are supposed to steep about 2 weeks, or else include some other flavors to fill that time. I think tobacco flavors in general have to steep a while. Not a problem for me with my coffee and dessert flavors, but just something to be aware of.

Thought I'd move up to a Triton, too, but ended up with less expensive eGo batteries and XL LR cartomizers. I still use my G6s as backups and like the mini tanks for my Halo flavors.

The ego does look nice, i looked it up earlier today. I think I'll get the triton just to stick with al 801 threaded hardware for now.

There are organic liquid suppliers? I'll have to check this out. I really support organic consumables.

Welcome to ECF and you're going to love the Halo Triton. I DIY my juices and I thought I would strictly stick to menthol flavors since that's what I smoked previously, however I'm having lots of fun with fruity flavors and the only tobacco-like flavor I use is the menthol or minty ones. I still like the vanilla, cherry, and menthol flavors that Blu offers on their cartridges for my stealth vaping, so I bought a 510 ego to 801 thread adapter and I vape my blu carts on my Triton to warm them up real good before swapping them to my blu batteries when I have to go somewhere like grocery shopping. I think the blu cartridges also perform better after they've been heated up by my Triton battery first. Then I refill the blu carts with my similar DIY juices after about 10 good puffs on them, long before the risk of burning the insides out and my cartridges last a long time. But for really good flavor, my Triton tanks and my Tumbler tanks are amazing.

I really like Blu's flavors too, but there is zero chance of me trying this. About 75% of my blu cartos actually burned on the inside. I've heard ordering the liquids straight from their supplier isn't worth it as the flavor isn't the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread