HI, I'm a newbie; Please tell me I did OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

evaded

Verified Member
Jul 21, 2012
Ahwahnee, CA
I am fairly new to the e-cig as well. My first purchase was a disposable as well. The batteries would go dead way to quick for me. I always had a second battery charging, waiting for the swap. It was pricey so I started buying my ejuice and filling the cartos myself, didn't solve my battery problems though.

I recently bought the eGo with clearomizers. I love the clearomizers, i get a good throat hit, vapors good and the taste is great. I want to grab a drip system for it though. I have heard lots of good about them and think it is worth a shot. I'd just use the clearomizers while driving or another activity where it would be difficult to do so.

Welcome & Congrats on 2 weeks! :)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Your eGo Mega Dual Coil cartomizer isn't going to give you a great vape at 3.7 volts.

I normally just give my inputs/insights, but I have to challenge your statement!

I've started most of my v-verts (24 of 'em as of yesterday) with 3.7V eGo/RIVA batts and eMDCCs! Most of 'em are still using that combo. The others, via my recommendations and samples, have moved on to clearos and tanks.

Please get some (2-3) variable voltage Joyetech eGo-C Twist batteries that will power it much better, and ideally some single-coil 2.0 ohm cartomizers and/or CE3 clearomizers and/o a couple of Vivi Nova tanks.

Day-um, how 'bout lettin' the OP explore and enjoy his order before dumping on his selection?!?!

shortofbreath, ya did good with your order. But I would recommend to ya to order a couple of clearos (of your choice) in that the eGo-Ts have had a mixed review. In fact, I tried 'em and they sux'd (in a bad way). You'll have the batts, so all 510 connection devices should fit.

Once ya discover the joys of da eGo system, and if ya want to explore the world of VV, THEN would be da time to purchase a Twist.

As for your order, ya did better than most. Enjoy!!!
thumbsup.gif

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I think the one and only thing that has truly kept me off the real cigarettes is dripping. I just haven't found any other combination of anything that compares to the vapor and throat hit of dripping. I have a few cartos and clearomizers that are ok but they wouldn't keep me satisfied in the long run. I'm currently using my ego's and ego twist with a Cisco 306 1.5ohm atomizer for dripping.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Iffy, you know I love you, but this is gettin' old for me. IMO Variable voltage > constant voltage. IMO Constant voltage is not > variable voltage. IMO constant voltage not = variable voltage.

Your eGo Mega Dual Coil cartomizer isn't going to give you a great vape at 3.7 volts.

I normally just give my inputs/insights, but I have to challenge your statement!

I've started most of my v-verts (24 of 'em as of yesterday) with 3.7V eGo/RIVA batts and eMDCCs! Most of 'em are still using that combo. The others, via my recommendations and samples, have moved on to clearos and tanks.

A 1.5 ohm dual coil carto at 3.7 volts puts 4.56 watts to each coil. I do not see how that could be reasonably called "a great vape".

(3.7 x 3.7 / 1.5 = 9.12 watts divided between two coils = 4.56 watts per coil)

Please get some (2-3) variable voltage Joyetech eGo-C Twist batteries that will power it much better, and ideally some single-coil 2.0 ohm cartomizers and/or CE3 clearomizers and/o a couple of Vivi Nova tanks.

Day-um, how 'bout lettin' the OP explore and enjoy his order before dumping on his selection?!?!

Because I don't think that the superior vape that variable voltage offers (IMO) should be put off until later when IMO sooner is better, and I think it's somewhat inevitable that anyone who sticks with vaping will eventually be using variable voltage at some point anyway. I also think that the chances of successfully staying off of killer cigarettes is improved by the use of variable voltage. I rule out the slim possibility that the chances of success are exactly equal with fixed voltage and variable voltage. That leads me to think that it falls to those who have an objection to my notion that variable voltage increases the odds of success in remaining tobacco-free to demonstrate that the chances of success are better with fixed voltage than with variable voltage. I do not see any way in hell that such an argument can successfully be made.

The Joyetech eGo-C Twist costs $22. I think that virtually anyone who doesn't have one should get one, or two, or preferably three.

This video review does a very good job of explaining my reasoning:

THE EGO TWIST IS A GAME CHANGER - YouTube Grimm Green Twist Game changer

I would like nothing better than for people to stop downplaying the obvious and indisputable benefits of variable voltage, and discouraging users of any level to forego those obvious and indisputable benefits.

A Twist costs $22. I just talked to a 1.5 PAD smoker who is spending $4,000+ a year on killer cigarettes.

ATTENTION EVERYONE: GET A TWIST. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, I WILL BUY IT FROM YOU FOR WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

shortofbreath, ya did good with your order. But I would recommend to ya to order a couple of clearos (of your choice) in that the eGo-Ts have had a mixed review. In fact, I tried 'em and they sux'd (in a bad way). You'll have the batts, so all 510 connection devices should fit.

Once ya discover the joys of da eGo system, and if ya want to explore the world of VV, THEN would be da time to purchase a Twist.

I ENCOURAGE YOU TO GO AHEAD AND GET A TWIST AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

As for your order, ya did better than most. Enjoy!!!

Last edited:

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
Well instead of the ego-T I think that you will be better off with the ego-C type B 2.5ml . In the long run it will be cheaper to just replace the head and not the whole atomizer . I hope the price on them will come down but as it is they are less expensive than the ego-T . You have to buy the heads in a 5 pack though so that would be like buying 5 ego-T at a time . The type B is a large enough capacity you won't have to refill as often and a tank is an easy system to use . I use a syringe to fill my cartridges and at home I might have a loaded syringe on a paper towel on the desk beside me and just keep refilling the cartridge as needed . Just be sure to get a large enough blunt needle to use on your syringe . I think the 16 gauge blunt needle is what I use . You get about 2 refills with a 5ml syringe so that should do just about anyone for a day or night .

Last edited:

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Congratulations, & Welcome to ECF! I think all in all you've done exactly what you needed to do: it helped you *not smoke* AND it brought you here! I hope you'll keep your enthusiasm for vaping, and part of doing that (for me) requires enjoying it as a journey. Each purchase I make is valued more for what it can teach me than what I expect it to do to enhance my vaping pleasure, because I don't know *what* to expect except that I will learn something. For me, that keeps it fun & prevents disappointments... plus I get to learn new stuff all the time.

Best of luck... keep it fun, & Happy Vaping! :vapor:

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
You did GOOD! You'll keep the batteries and luv'em. In the beginning week or two, you'll probably like the 'T tank'...until it pees all over you a number of times. Then you'll chuck the 'T tanks' and attys, to use cartomizers, clearomizers (my fav)...and even a small tank. As others stated above, the 510 system is vast, and LOTS of options are available as you grow in awareness of what's available/what you like best.

I loved the Ego-T, but I had to constantly 'fiddle' with it to get decent performance.

When the LEAKS begin, my best suggestion is to trash the 'T tank' and atty's, and move on to better cartomizers/clearomizers.

Even if you upgrade to a better PV in the future, you'll continue to use and appreciate your Ego batts. Mine usually last about a year before they die, so that's good enough for me. (I also enjoy my Lavatube...and I'll surely enjoy a new/different PV next time I buy hardware.)

Congrats, & Good Luck 2 ya! :D

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
i did the samething started out with the blu then i ordered a bombshell from hotvapes and now i have a provari my opinion get a provari

OK Iffy, that's your cue.

Careful jesse, better not say anything about what you might see as the advantages of variable voltage. You might end up getting a lot of arguments from those who seem to think that people should just content themselves with constant voltage, and also seem to think that variable voltage is "too confusing".

BTW, have you ever seen the movie "Idiocracy"? We might have already gotten there, if people really can't figure out how to turn a knob to turn something up or down. Apparently, beginning vapers also have trouble with toasters, dimmer switches, and electric ranges.

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
The ego twist is a very good intro into variable voltage, and really not much more expensive than the regular ego batteries, I paid $25 for a 650 mah twist (you can buy it if you want John lol its collecting dust here at my house) the only reason it doesn't get used is because I prefer my 3.7 volt ReoGrand and LR atties. While I was using it though it was great with the standard resist stuff except for dual coil, those dual coils will drain an ego battery quicker than anything, and kill your juice supply(IMO). If I do get another variable voltage it will be the VVReoGrand because I prefer bottom feeders with atties so I can try out some of the high resist stuff but that is far in the future.

To the OP everyone has their own vaping preferences, the hardest part of the journey is finding what is best for you, but if you do want to try out VV the Twist is a good one for a good price. Most important of all, and I'm sure all will agree (even if we can't agree on which pv is best) is that you have put down the smokes. Congrats!

Last edited:

TulsaClint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Tulsa
I haven't tried the eGo tanks, so I don't know about those. I use eGo batteries and the Vision V2 rebuildable clearomizers with the long wicks, 1.8ohm heads. I love these things. If you're good at tinkering, you can make them last a very long time by fixing any leaks (if any at all), and cleaning the heads with hot water or grain alcohol. I've been vaping for 2 weeks and have a collection of 5 Vision V2's and an assortment of replacement heads. Easy to use, clean and swap for your different juices. Maybe throw in a couple of atty's for playing around with mixing new juices or testing new flavors before you fill up a tank with something you may not like. Regardless, you did well on your purchase, I think you'll be happy with your choice. My co-worker uses a similar product to the Blu e-cig, he took a puff off my eGo and his eyes lit up and he said "whoa, that's good!" There's a big difference. Don't get rid of your Blu though, I keep my old one around as a backup just in case. :)

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
I haven't tried the eGo tanks, so I don't know about those. I use eGo batteries and the Vision V2 rebuildable clearomizers with the long wicks, 1.8ohm heads. I love these things. If you're good at tinkering, you can make them last a very long time by fixing any leaks (if any at all), and cleaning the heads with hot water or grain alcohol. I've been vaping for 2 weeks and have a collection of 5 Vision V2's and an assortment of replacement heads. Easy to use, clean and swap for your different juices. Maybe throw in a couple of atty's for playing around with mixing new juices or testing new flavors before you fill up a tank with something you may not like. Regardless, you did well on your purchase, I think you'll be happy with your choice. My co-worker uses a similar product to the Blu e-cig, he took a puff off my eGo and his eyes lit up and he said "whoa, that's good!" There's a big difference. Don't get rid of your Blu though, I keep my old one around as a backup just in case. :)

Hey, someone just told me about a really cool thing called the "Joyetech eGo-C Twist". Don't know too much about it, but this guy Grimm Green seems to think that it would make a great addition to just about anyone's "arsenal", regardless of experience level. Variable voltage for about $22, in an eGo-sized battery. Sounds pretty cool.

A PBusardo Review - eGo Twist - OvaleUSA - YouTube Phil Busardo Twist review

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
The ego twist is a very good intro into variable voltage, and really not much more expensive than the regular ego batteries, I paid $25 for a 650 mah twist (you can buy it if you want John lol its collecting dust here at my house) the only reason it doesn't get used is because I prefer my 3.7 volt ReoGrand and LR atties. While I was using it though it was great with the standard resist stuff except for dual coil, those dual coils will drain an ego battery quicker than anything, and kill your juice supply(IMO). If I do get another variable voltage it will be the VVReoGrand because I prefer bottom feeders with atties so I can try out some of the high resist stuff but that is far in the future.

To the OP everyone has their own vaping preferences, the hardest part of the journey is finding what is best for you, but if you do want to try out VV the Twist is a good one for a good price. Most important of all, and I'm sure all will agree (even if we can't agree on which pv is best) is that you have put down the smokes. Congrats!

Well, I have said on many occasions that I'd buy anything that I recommended that anyone didn't like, for what they paid for it, so I guess you've got a sale. You sure you'll never use it in place of your Reo? Even the VV Reo is going to be less "stealthy" than the Twist. PM me if you really do want to sell it, and I can Paypal you $25 plus your shipping costs.

gman1975

Jul 20, 2012
Here la...
Congrats on quitting, and you will be fine with the tank system, however there is a cheaper easier way to go. For a new vaper, I always recommend clearomizers. You already have an Ego battery, and these are ideal for this setup. They are the easiest, most reliable device on the market, and they are constantly improving.

Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer V2 for 510/eGo, 2.1-2.4 ohm

Congrads on quitting, I hope to be like you soon.. Clocking up the days! But as I am still waiting for my stuff... Will have to see how effective a replacement this will be.
On a slightly diff note. how long would one fully filled Vision Ego V 2 last for? Or would a few be needed??
I smoke a pack a day (20s)... was wondering if I needed to get more V2s? or a Tank... I cant refill them when I am out...

The notion that new vapers are too stupid to get the idea of variable voltage is in itself stupid. But saying they should just jump to variable voltage isn't the magic fix either. I started out with and stayed with fixed voltage devices for quite some time before making the switch. In that time, I firstly found juice that I love, secondly found out what 510 atomizers/cartomizers I love, and last but not least, how to take care of all of my hardware in order to get the best vaping experience for ME! That in its self is a hard enough task without having to worry what voltage everything worked well on. Is it too much for people who've been around the block a few times to think new vapers should start out slow. I mean hell, there's ALOT of knowledge that needs to be picked up and all of it isn't clearly laid out. Most often than not, people just happen to fall onto great info and share it. I just happen to find ECF on my own by following links online. I'm not saying new vapers are dumb or that they will never need or use variable voltage devices. I just think that those who need to take it slowly (for whatever reason) should take it slow. For others who want to get to the end of the road fastest, then fill them in. And for the record, I have a few friends who have never and don't care to screw around with variable voltage devices.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Will - You seem to "giveth", and then "take away", regarding the competence of a hypothetical beginning vaper.

I don't see a great deal of inherent "worry-inducing" potential in turnig a Twist up a little if the vape is too cool, or down a little if it is too warm.

Since A) the Twist is variable beween 3.2 and 4.8 volts, and B) the faintly-etched numbers require Kryptonian birth to read, I put a little dab of red nail polish right smack dab on the "4.0" mark so I can tell at a glance kinda where I am. Works great.

Did you watch this video? If not, could you please view it and tell me what you think of it? TIA, and vape on.

"I have a few friends who have never and don't care to screw around with variable voltage devices".

And I have a few friends who don't believe that twelve Americans walked on the moon. I don't base my opinions or actions on what other people think or do; I accept and do what makes sense according to science, logic, and reason.

"But saying they should just jump to variable voltage isn't the magic fix either ..."

Since I don't believe in "magic" of any kind, whether it be creator gods, miracles, resurrections, or virgin births, I would never suggest that variable voltage is "magic". What I do think it is is a superior alternative to fixed voltage that IMO no one should postpone using.

Joyetech eGo-C Twist: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_C_Twist_Variable_Voltage_650mAh_Battery_p/ego-c-tst.htm $22 (cheap)

Last edited:
I'll add my voice to those who endorse the CE-4 "Stardust" clearomiser on an eGo battery.
Having used both this and an eGo-C, which I assume performs similarly to your eGo-T, I find the CE-4 delivers a better hit with more flavour.
So far, I've never had a leakage problem with one.
An inexpensive upgrade to any eGo, IMHO,

That aside, I don't think you're ever going to regret buying that eGo-T. ;)

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
I'll add my voice to those who endorse the CE-4 "Stardust" clearomiser on an eGo battery.
Having used both this and an eGo-C, which I assume performs similarly to your eGo-T, I find the CE-4 delivers a better hit with more flavour.
So far, I've never had a leakage problem with one.
An inexpensive upgrade to any eGo, IMHO,

That aside, I don't think you're ever going to regret buying that eGo-T. ;)

BeeGee, do you know the resistance in ohms of the attachments you're using? I have reason to believe that you might get even more "hit and flavor" with variable voltage, and that your vape might be improved by the acquisition of one or more Joyetech eGo-C Twists, or another variable voltage device of your choice.

I also like the ProVari V2, the Apollo SS VTube, and the less-proven but very capable Smoktech VMax. The VV Vector also seems to be making a name for itself.

THE EGO TWIST IS A GAME CHANGER - YouTube Grimm Green - Twist is a Game Changer

The Bee Gees- 'To Love Somebody' - YouTube The Bee Gees - To Love Somebody

Janis Joplin - To Love Somebody - YouTube Janis Joplin - To Love Somebody

Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart - YouTube Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart

The Twist - Chubby Checker - YouTube Chubby Checker - The Twist

Last edited:
I took a look at the video as you asked and there are a few things that YES I do agree with as well as a few things I DON'T. But first of all, the opinion of not taking others words for what you like or do is absolutely spot on. My whole reason of posting to begin with was for letting people go at whatever speed they want or need to go. What I'm confused on is this: Isn't making a video review for a device the pillar of your opinion the same as me stating the fact that I know people who love standard voltage? Other than the fact that they didn't say it in a video and upload online it's still heresy in either case. I wasn't trying to stand on a soapbox and say "forget variable voltage", but rather open the possibility that some people just don't like it for their own personal reasons. I don't understand it because I love variable voltage, but I don't have to because they're not me.

Now that that's over with, there was another thing that had me wondering. It almost seemed like personal beliefs played some part in the discussion and if that's how my post came off that wasn't my point. I can tell you and I have some distinct viewpoints, but that's meant for a different forum, and I'm not referring to the magic and whatnot.

I do believe the eGo-C Twist is an incredible device because it put variable voltage within easier reach of more people because of its price tag. It also allows people to experiment with different cartos/attys with a lowered risk of killing them. The thing is I still think someone new to vaping with limited exposure can easily pop a coil and not really get why. Just to see, I intentionally drip filled a LR carto without giving it quite enough time to soak in and turned my Twist to 4.8 and it popped on the 2nd hit. I know the majority of people know how to figure things out, but just like using a washing machine or cooking Mac & Cheese, some people just don't get it right away. What's so wrong with letting them figure it out their own way? I say when they come to ECF, give them all the info they ask for and more, but none of us should have the right to say "this is what you NEED to have since you'll get there anyway!" because that kills part of the journey.

I completely see part of your reasoning and if someone said to me "What should I get, I don't want training wheels" or something to that effect, I'd try and show them where to go. If I had met you when I started and the Ego-C Twist was out I would of thanked you because I'm a techie and gadgets are my thing! Some people don't get it as fast and just because they found their way to vaping doesn't mean everyone's ready to jump in with both feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread