Help with Nicoticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLee

Oct 23, 2015
New here and to Nicoticket. I've read so many good reviews I decided to order 4 bottles to try from NT. GCD, ACB, betelguese, and CLS. My favorite ejuice so far has been Southern Bread Pudding by Turncoat industries but it is PRICEY! So I thought NT might be the place for me but I don't like any of the 4 I've tried so far.

I'm using my dripper with .5 built coil just to give them a try. I received them yesterday and they smelled bad(lots of chemical smell) when first opened so I did a good shake and left them open for about 12 hours. Today I did another good shake and dripped them, eww! Maybe I'm just that picky, I'm not sure.

Beletguese made me feel nauseated and I usually like fruity ejuices too. GCD is dated Dec. 2014 but smells soooo strong and tastes soooo gross. It still has this strong chemical smell is all I can describe it as, really funky, the aftertaste leaves me feeling sick. ACB smells like nothing out of the bottle but vapes like a light chemical taste, I don't taste caramel like others have said at all. CLS just smells like nothing and tastes about the same.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here. All the NT juices are born on 7/15 or older. They shouldn't need more steeping but I'm going to try that I guess. My fav, Southern Bread Pudding comes in an amber bottle just like NT but never has to steep, same with another fav, Mandingo(banana nut bread) by Ruthless.

Any help would be appreciated as I hate to waste all of these and I am too OCD to trade opened bottles with anyone I don't know personally.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Sorry to read that you're not enjoying those flavors. I've tried everything you listed except ACB and have found them to be enjoyable with no chemical smells or tastes.

Almost all e-liquids improve with age so hopefully as they mature, the flavors will pop.

GCD is one of the flavors I vape almost every day for breakfast.

Every one has different preferences and our biology processes tastes and smells differently. Sorry that the NT flavors aren't hitting you like they hit me.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Yes, a steep is always a good thing. I adore GCD but don't like it fresh. I decant from the glass bottles into old LDPE bottles and wait six months. The glass bottles stop the juice from any aging so when you tried them from opening they were basically as fresh as when they were mixed. The fullness of the bottles keeps them fresh as well. E-juice needs air to steep so waiting and opening, closing the cap to bring in new air and shaking them well over a few weeks will work too.

I always use this as a steeping example...

On the left is GCD from when they were selling the juice in the LDPE bottles 9/14, on the right is GCD after they started using glass bottles from 12/14 just decanted into the LDPE bottles I hoard for this reason in May of this year.

BLee

Oct 23, 2015
Thanks both of you for the quick replies and for helping. :)

I ordered these partly because it said pre-steeped as I need something to vape now so that's a bummer. plus great reviews. Only been vaping a few months and I don't want to light up a cig at this point! haha I placed another order today for my SBP from Turncoat, so I will have that in a few days and I have one other thing(mech sause) I can vape now but u know how that goes. One is gonna taste like nothing really soon.

Will let them sit as they are for now and maybe I can get some different bottles to put them in soon but currently I dont have any. Makes no since to have nice glass bottles that cost more then to have to put them in plastic ones because they wont steep without it though.

Hopefully they taste better one day or it's just my taste buds. Or maybe I shouldn't have started out with that nice pre steeped yummy SBP. lol Either way, I'll give these away if I still can't vape them in a few months.

BLee

Oct 23, 2015
I've had bottles of ACB that needed the cap off overnight to get rid of the chemical taste you speak of. I've had other bottles that didn't need this.
But, once ACB hits, it hits like a champ!!

Ty, I had the CLS cap off already again and I just did that ACB too since u mentioned that. Maybe that fixes it

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I think it will, I hope it will! :)

You don't have to decant to a different bottle. I'm the crazy one who plans months out to get my GCD steeped, and I like the plastic bottles better to fill my tanks with, that's just me....

For the juices try giving them a good shake for a couple days and see. They might just need that little steeping. ;)

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Acton, Maine, United States
Send them to me and I'll let you know what if they are any good or not...[emoji6]. Leave the cap off for 24 hours and give it a good shake and then go from there. I like Nicoticket FOOB and sometimes a heavy steep bottle doesn't settle with me. Taste is subjective. If the Betelgeuse is making you nauseous make sure the nic level is correct. Too much nic in a dripper will make you turn green.

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm fairly set in my ways (flavors) at this point, but ever since I got my REO's I haven't been able to enjoy Betelgeuse which was something I always had in a tank before. After trying different builds and even throwing some in my GEM tank it never tasted right. Finaly I decided a couple of weeks ago to dust off my Subtank and put it in that and it's just as wonderful as I remembered. Sure I can pick out the individual flavors in the GEM, but that's the problem, they just taste better when they're all blended together and I can't tell exactly what's what.

I get the occasional bottle that doesn't taste right FOOB, but not very often. I wonder if maybe you were tasting the same thing with each because you had the same wick? Betelgeuse doesn't really mix well with anything but Gravity.

BLee

Oct 23, 2015
Sorry I didn't mention it was 3mg nic. Dont taste the nic really. I have 2 tanks I can try some out on again after I let them air more. I changed the j cotton a couple times and had a fresh one when I tested them, used same thing I've vaped the other ejuices I mentioned. I did get my stepdaughter and eldest daughter to both smell all 4 to see what they smelled and they had the same reaction as me accept for the GCD, my daughter said she liked the GCD smell. Stepdaughter said it smelled like cinnamon straight out of the container, dry like. THey really couldn't smell, CLS or ACB

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Sorry I didn't mention it was 3mg nic. Dont taste the nic really. I have 2 tanks I can try some out on again after I let them air more. I changed the j cotton a couple times and had a fresh one when I tested them, used same thing I've vaped the other ejuices I mentioned. I did get my stepdaughter and eldest daughter to both smell all 4 to see what they smelled and they had the same reaction as me accept for the GCD, my daughter said she liked the GCD smell. Stepdaughter said it smelled like cinnamon straight out of the container, dry like. THey really couldn't smell, CLS or ACB

There is a thread on here that tells a member's story about how CLS never tasted good until he had some serious heat on the build. What gear are you using? Can you turn up the wattage?

And the cinnamon in GCD blends more with the pastry and icing as it steeps. It's pretty much CINNAMON foob.

Reactions: DaBucs

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
I can understand not liking GCD foob. It has a strong, sort of doughy/yeasty element to it fresh. It gets better after about a week steep. ACB is really caramelly/vanilla-y foob too. I personally don't like Nicoticket's flavours with vanilla foob either, since it does taste and smell a bit chemically initially. You're definitely going the right direction in letting them breathe. I don't like Betelgeuse at all either. Something about it makes me almost gag. No offense to Clark, but yuck.

Edit: I also don't like CLS on its own. IMO, it's good added to other juices to give them a creamier taste, though.

Last edited:

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Definitely need to put them in plastic bottles. As Megan said the glass stops any aging of the juice almost completely. I do the same thing she does. As soon as the come in the mail they go straight into plastic bottles!

If you have a B&M near you that "mixes" their own juices ask if they have a couple of empties you can have. Those juices will come alive after you let them sit in plastic for a few weeks! They really are some of the best juices on the planet!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

BLee

Oct 23, 2015
I'm using a .5 built coil on a dripper, used it with an ijust2 and m80 box mod at around 25 watts. Can use .23 coil on that eleaf to try with even higher wattage but 25 watts is usually my go to. Aspire also has a .5 in it that I can try and I have fresh coils for both. Imma let them sit a while first though. The smell alone isn't so good and hasn't changed yet so hopefully plastic bottles and steeping is required like you guys/gals said.

I'll have to buy the plastic bottles somewhere. There r only 2 places near me(NC) that even sell ejuice and they do not mix their own juices as far as I know, just little crap shops honestly. I so hope the plastic bottles and steeping makes these as yummy as everyone says they are. Really wanted to love these juices. Thank you for all the help with this noobie here!

DaBucs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Orlando, Fl
most people have addressed this, but I will chim in on that once these juices steep with exposure to air their flavors improve ...ACB is an amazing juice. With pretty much all of their juices, I like them best at 8 weeks of steeping...4 weeks min and they are good...but that 8 week mark is the sweet spot for me :)

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Look into your builds as well. For instance, I love me some GCD, but personally find the cinnamon in GCD doesn't play well with the heat. I've tried it form 0.4 ohms to 1.2 and find that my sweet spot is right at 0.7.( current set up is a Red Sky squonker topped with a Manta V2 running duals) The ACB is a long steeper for sure and comes into it's own after 60-90 days. Same with the CLS. Those I enjoy ( depending on the device) from 0.4 to 0.6. Betelguese is a different story for me as I enjoy it FOB or steeped anywhere for 0.3 to 1.0 again depending on the device.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that no one build is perfect for all liquids and that in my experience, it to the vapers advantage to toss a few different builds at any given juice in order to get the most out of it...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread