Help with my Cola needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After hearing so many great things about TV, I finally custom ordered some Cola: 12mg, All PG, Cola in one flavor box, the other two flavor boxes in the order screen I left as Not picked.

(Yeah, I goofed and should have added 10% or 20% VG before they mixed it. It's my own fault for not contacting TV about it before the mix was done.)

I got the order last Friday and figured I'd try to vape it right away to see if it needed to steep. Needless to say it does, cause it wasn't what I was expecting. It seems to taste and smell like a lime soda with cinnamon high-lites on the exhale flavor, not much vapor, and one hell of a TH (guessing the cinnamon there). It's not the addy as it was clean and cleared the night before.

K. Guess it needs to steep, but for shins and giggles I played around with some mixing of vanilla and cherry juices in some empty 3ml bottles; Still no dice.

Got some VG today to add some more vapor to it, mixed up 1.75 ml of the juice with .5ml of VG in another clean 3ml bottle. Got more vapor, but the taste is still the same.

Anyone else order just cola and have any advice? Should I let this sit for a week? A Month? Leave the top off the bottle all that time? Add some sweetener? HELP!!! :D

Last edited:

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
Haven't tried the plain cola. Would think it needs to sit for atleast 2 weeks before passing judgment. Most flavors bloom quite well at 2 weeks, at least for me. And I don't think I've ever ordered just single flavor on any diy. I know that I prefer a secondary or third note to a mix. What I usually do is get a premium flavor and have geoff tweek it.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
I taste cinnamon in one of my waffle bottles, I have 4 and only one has this strange cinnamon taste to it. I'm thinking that since AC is suuuch a strong flavor and really sticks to anythig it touches, maybe when Geoff is making liquids all day, a tiny drop gets mixed in with other liquids sometimes. Maybe I'm wrong but that's just my take on it.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

@markimar: I'm striving for a perfect cola base to experiment with. If I can get the cola just right, then I can get creative with other flavorings besides just cherry and vanilla. Who knows if Caramel or Mint might work :D, even though they've probably been tested already from the big cola companies. What might not work for a drink might work as a vape.

@Daedalus: I've removed the top and drip-cap to speed things along. Since then it's definitely gotten darker, as expected, and tonights taste test has show it to mellow out juuuust a touch.

@mwa102464: As for shelf life, I don't expect it to last long enough to go bad :D. The 10ml of Kingpin Cola I started with (not the Dekang version) quickly became my daily vape and it didn't last much past a week. :D

The add of their Cherry Cola sounds like a great idea, too. I could get a high nic version to restore whatever nic I lost with this bottle. But I do want to see how well this turns out first, then I can get experi-mental :thumbs:

May be a silly thought...but you are shaking the bottles each use right ?
Yes. Even if I'm not using the big bottle I shake it at least once every day anyway. :)
I've been using 3ml bottles for testing with various VG ratios to try to get a good blend of flavor and vapor. 75% Cola PG and 25% VG (2ml and 1ml) seems to work OK (I don't want to thin it out too much). Then I've got to let it sit for three days, shaking it twice a day, till it's no longer cloudy.

It's definitely getting better and better as each day goes by. I've also noticed that the stuff in the cart tends to taste better in the morning after sitting overnight, but that may be just from my taste buds getting a rest. :D

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I was curious about that when it was ordered and I did mix that. The cola by itself is like flat, RC cola. But it IS a natural cola flavor indeed. There are no notes. It's just cola.

This is why we recommend to people if they DON'T know what they're getting or GOING to get, assumption of what you THINK you're getting here, especially with a site that pumps out a gazillion flavors and combinations of flavors, if you're new to the site, you NEED to get in touch with us. There are a half dozen people here, well versed in the liquids, the flavors and are more than happy to help.

We get JUST enough in our groove here, that when the orders are pouring in, to the largest degree, we have to assume you know what your ordering UNLESS you give us a call or get on the live help.

We're more than happy to "do our thing" to any flavors, provided it's within reason! We always have, we always will. And you KNOW this man!

If any of you EVER have a doubt about what you're ordering, we pay for the 888 number, we encourage you to use it.

(Our phones and Live Help are available from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. PST)

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
There IS a tad. Because the T.V. Cherry Cola has been "built out". You see, we have standard flavors. These are the flavors that you'll find in the Customize Your Own portions of things. Premium flavors are ones where a recipe has been developed.

When you choose from the Customize Your Own, you're asking for 1-3 single flavors to be combined. If you're looking for a certain TYPE of flavor, you can always request that on checkout.

So our Cherry Cola, like all of our Premium Flavors, isn't a single flavor that's been squirted in a bottle, but rather a number of, sometimes a LARGE number of flavors that have been combined for the end product.

And then the short answer to your question mcl5000, once again:

Yeah, a little. :D

We're more than happy to "do our thing" to any flavors, provided it's within reason! We always have, we always will. And you KNOW this man!
Why did I suddenly have the urge to say "SIR, YES SIR!" :D
Kidding aside, I realized that after I checked out that I should have said something in the order stating that I didn't know WTH I was asking for. I guess a simple note asking "Not sure how to order this, but can you make the best tasting cola in the world?" The next order for Cherry Cola and Root Beer (also eyeing Geoff's Blend for the tobacco flavor cravings I get) will go smoother, I promise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread