Hello, Introduction and Battery Question:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftlsweetie

Supporting Member
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
San Jose, CA
Hi All!

I started smoking when I was 12 years old (now 43) and have tried for years to quit by using the nicotine gum / patches, cinnamon toothpicks, straws, regular gum, etc. without much success. I could quit for several months but would always start back again as soon as I got into a stressful situation.

I purchased a starter kit from Zee Cigs in November of 2012 (after researching via youtube and finding Shawn) and let it sit in my office unopened, while I made excuses about not stopping. I had my last real cig on the morning of 12/9/2012 right before I was admitted to the hospital. Of course, I used the patch while I was in the hospital for 6 days but as soon as I got home, I started with the z510 model.

I've been using it since 12/15 and love it! I just ordered some new e-juices from another company and am really interested in upgrading. How long did you stick with your first starter kit before you upgraded? Or do you still use your starter kit?

I received three z510's with my starter kit and I have been using different flavors. So far my faves are Strawberry Bubblegum, Hazelnut Coffee, Apple N Spice and the Virginia tobacco flavor. I just ordered several other juices from Neon Vapors and can't wait to receive them to try out.

The only problem that I'm having is that my batteries run out pretty quickly. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I buy different batteries to use with the cartridge and atomizers that came with my kit? If not, does anyone have suggestions for upgrading?

Thanks!

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Welcome, ftl. I am assuming those are 510 connection. It looks like it, and the name leads me to believe so also. So you could use the same attys and carts on anything with a connection. Ego type batteries are pretty popular and will work. Most of the more advanced things will be 510 connections as well.

BigLungs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Champaign, Illinois
I am currently using a vision spinner vv 1300mah from madvapes. I am using it with blu cartomizers because the clearos I ordered with my battery and juice weren't in the package(spoke with madvapes today and they fixed issue and are sending them).
Anyways so far I absolutely love the spinner! Adjusts from 3.3-4.8 volts and anywhere in between just by turning the dial on the bottom to desired setting. It is only 24.99(charger is like $4-5).

It has 510 and ego threading so I can use any number of attachments on it, and it has a good solid feel to it.

Edit: I am not much of a fan of these blu cartomizers though. I can't wait till my clearomizers arrive so I won't have to refill so much!

Last edited:

PickyJuicer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I used my v2 kit for over ayear. I didn't realize there was so much out there though. I still use my first upgrade - a plain old ego - almost daily. I have acquired a twist, an ego passthrough, 2 bolts, a mini lava tube type thing - no clue what it is really, 3 smoov cig-a-likes (which I like when I feel like holding a cig or when I dress it all up pretty to match my nails), and an iTaste (which perfectly suits the geeky side of me since I can charge my phone off it if I need too). I got rid of my original v2 stuff by gifting it to newbs, I also got rid of two regular egos (same... gift to newbs). BUT, the thing is... my stuff is all hand me downs from my husband who thinks those with the most toys wins. He's winning, but I guess I'm getting the better deal!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I, too, use the 1300 mAh Spinner (also from Madvapes), along with a couple of eGo 650s, and a supply of the "mega" 510 batteries from Madvapes. The list at, iirc, 350 mAh, where the small ones for the 510 are about 150 mAh. They have them in manual and automatic mode, which is what I use so I can vape when I'm also needing to use both hands on something else.

And yes, anything with a 510 connection sounds like what you need.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi All! ..........

The only problem that I'm having is that my batteries run out pretty quickly. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I buy different batteries to use with the cartridge and atomizers that came with my kit? If not, does anyone have suggestions for upgrading?

Thanks!

Hi Ftl, Welcome to the ECF. My answer depends upon when you count where I personally started.

I "heard" about e-cigs from a friendly customer of mine who used it to satiate himself after LUNG SURGERY with his doctors approval........ I too had tried every commercial avenue, and some wholistic approaches to quit. All of them flopped for me. I smoked for 24 years . The very day that I was introduced to ecigs called all my local(ish) tobacco shops. Only one had a kit. Went to them and plunked down my hard earned cash. I recieved One rn4081 three piece kit. I used this kit from the next morning until four months later. I quickly realized that I was pacing back and forth in front of my charger waaay too much. I then purchased a second kit from the same shop. Contined rotating from one battery to the other, mostly unsatisfied. With the extreme cost of refills(5 for $17) I thought there must be a better way to get these refill cartridges. Began searching the internet.... VOILA! I found the ECF. I read, learned, shopped,then I read, learned shopped some more....... I picked up a 510 kit. This was a step sideways for me, no usetime upgrade, no enjoyment upgrade. The next week I resolved to get myself a good unit that would hold me through a day without having to pace back and forth while waiting to get my"nic fix"..... I found a reputable ECF Vendor, called them on the phone, arranged to stop in to the store. What I left with was an eGo clone that I would use as my sole device for the next almost year plus.....I was so satisfied with this unit I still keep it around as an emergency device, I still take it out of my glovebox, run it dead, charge it up then replace it in it's spot in my glovebox.

Once I knew there where other options I took adventage of them to overcome the shortcomings of the kit I already was using, and was not entirely satisfied with. My official answer is about a month to upgrade to something that fit my vaping style better than my current device. I did stop smoking with my first puff from my 4081,(I didn't have a great time doing it, oh my god was it horrible at some points)My boss at one point told me to go outside and have a cigarette already........

This is why I am still here, That is why I still vape, I am so greatful to vaping(and especially this community) for allowing me the outlet to both take advice and gain the information that I so desperately needed to find in my moments of distress.

I welcome you to upgrade if you feel the need to. There are many great devices out there. If you have any questions we will be here to try to help you get where you want to go. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

Last edited:

ftlsweetie

Supporting Member
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
San Jose, CA
Thanks to all of you for your responses! I've spent hours on ECF already looking at different posts, using the search function to answer most of my questions and trying to learn the lingo. It's hard when you don't know the lingo so I've been looking up the acronyms as well :p I've also found some great youtube videos reviewing different juices and e-cigs. I have a store that's about 30-40 minutes away and may check it out when I go back to work on 1/14 and also can drive again. I've thought of getting the Ego C Twist but am still looking at reviews and researching. Until then, I guess I will stick with my z510's:)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Welcome to ECF.

Yeah, it's all about mAh. Energy storage. Larger # = more duration + bigger battery as a general rule. Then we get into VV so we can adjust the voltage.

It's nice to have an e-cig store near you. Glad you will support them a bit at least. Depends on the markup. If they are charging 5 x the on-line costs...get a prepaid debit card and go online. If it's acceptable to you, use and support the local shop.

Remember that there's lots to learn so take your time. It may get frustrating too, so have spare hardware and keep that ECF link handy for questions. It isn't as easy as smoking was, just better.

Good Luck!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Hey Ftl,

Your brick and mortar people are probably willing to provide all sorts of advice. Of course, a lot of it may be oriented toward selling you what they carry :) But I'm sure, writing this from diagonally across the country, that they want you to be happy in your choices and to keep vaping.

Take the time with them to explain fully your wants, and be open to their suggestions, since at this point they know more about the hardware than you do. (Which is not to mean get everything they offer!!)

ftlsweetie

Supporting Member
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
San Jose, CA
Thanks again for the advice! After reading for three days straight in the forums, I think I've gone a bit crazy ordering things:p

I've ordered from altsmoke dot com:

eGo-C Twist Battery Color Purple Battery Size 1000mAh
eGo Series - USB Battery Charger
eGo - Spare Cone (Ego) (Not sure if this was needed, but it was suggested and I couldn't find any info about it)
Vision Clearomizer - Version 3 (Purple)
Spare Tubes - Color Selection Purple 2 x VCE4

I also ordered from Neon Vapors dot com, the following juices to try out some different flavors as well as PG/VG ratios:

Buttery Butter Rum (Nic Content: 12 mg (Medium), Base Liquid: PG 50% / VG 50%, Bottle Size: 10 ml, Extra Flavoring: No Thanks)

Caramel Apple (Nic Content: 12 mg (Medium), Base Liquid: PG 80% / VG 20%, Bottle Size: 6 ml, Extra Flavoring: Yes)

Caramel Candy (Nic Content: 12 mg (Medium), Base Liquid: PG 80% / VG 20%, Bottle Size: 10 ml, Extra Flavoring: No Thanks)

Peach Pie (Nic Content: 12 mg (Medium), Base Liquid: PG 80% / VG 20%, Bottle Size: 6 ml, Extra Flavoring: No Thanks)

Pumpkin Pie (Nic Content: 12 mg (Medium), Base Liquid: PG 80% / VG 20%, Bottle Size: 6 ml, Extra Flavoring: No Thanks)

I also checked out Alice in Vapeland dot com and got:

A little bit of Everything Sampler Pack (18 mg)
Amethyst Driptip
Tanklet ~ Kitty (Medium, for 4ml tanks) (Not sure if I will have a tank for this yet...or even what a tank is but thought it was cute)

Big Mungo

Verified Member
Nov 22, 2012
Palm Bay, Florida
Started with the el cheapo disposables about 5 months ago and have been upgrading every week it seems!!! Have a few mods and a boxload of a lot of stuff right now but have found Vision Spinner 1300 mAh along with a Vision Vivi Nova tank my everyday setup. Battery and a full tank of juice lasts all day (usually) and is virtually problem free!!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
That Twist should last a few hours. I also use a 1300 mAh Spinner, and at least as an intro to VV it seems to be working fine. I do like being able to vary the voltage to suit the juice and the current resistance of the coil of the moment :)

Of course, no battery lasts forever - you do have backups, don't you? Something to use while the Twist is charging? I use my "starter" eGo 650's as backup. Not variable, of course, but hey, they're backup! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread