Seriously, it can't be this easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

08Cayenne

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Ohio
I've been smoking 45 cigs a day for 35 years, tried several times to quit with patches, gum, drugs, therapy/counceling.... with no luck. Got my starter kit yesterday morning, read the directions, put it together and haven't touched an analog in 36 hours. Actually have no desire to smoke. Doesn't sound like much but it really is a big deal.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I've been smoking 45 cigs a day for 35 years, tried several times to quit with patches, gum, drugs, therapy/counceling.... with no luck. Got my starter kit yesterday morning, read the directions, put it together and haven't touched an analog in 36 hours. Actually have no desire to smoke. Doesn't sound like much but it really is a big deal.

It's pretty cool when you realize you have found the one thing that will get you off the smokes. Your story sounds a lot like mine when I first started vaping, congrats on getting off the cigs. :thumb:

Yep, it can be for some. And it feels pretty awesome! Congratulations!

Once you settle in to vaping, you'll probably get caught up in the search for the ultimate best vape, which I found to be interesting and a nice hobby to keep my mind occupied. There is a lot to learn and read about and try, if you're interested.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Doesn't sound like much? You post is about the Coolest post I have read in a Long Time.

Right On 08Cayenne !

LairdDrambeg

Dec 26, 2014
NJ
I had the benefit of a week of cold turkey in hospital, thinking that was the key to how "easy" it was to drop the butts but maybe not. I'm finding I like the taste - lack of burning plant and that awful aftertaste - of vaping and the more gentle, progressive nicotine buzz is fine too. And yes, it IS a big deal and quite disgraceful the way the tobacco-control industry is being allowed to attack vaping, unchallenged by the media. The lies being dished out by the bureaucrats who are afraid their plum jobs will disappear in a cloud of uhh, vapor is quite disgusting.

DaniB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
New York
Welcome 08Cayenne !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 9.36.08 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 9.36.08 AM.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 12

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
Later on down the road, after you've been off the smokes for a while, you might light up a cigarette for whatever reason and not even be able to finish it: you'll realize how dirty and disgusting smoke is compared to vapor.

I tried one a week or so in, and couldn't finish it. A week later, I confirmed that cigarettes taste bad and that was that.

Sorry for your wallet. Before you know it you will be researching better devices...then rebuildables..then dripping. It kind of sucks you in.

Congrats...it's well worth it.
He's right you know! The sooner you shop on line you will save much more.
The sooner you start making up your juice you will start saving even more.

Congratulations! And welcome! This has to be the best place to learn it all too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread