Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
The really great thing about vaping is the ability to modify your nicotine intake in a easily controlled manner.

First determine how much liquid in ml you use in one day, for me it's 5ml, let's call that figure A.

You then look at the nicotine content of your liquid, for me it's 6mg/ml, let's call that figure B.

A x B = daily nicotine intake.

So for me 5 x 6 = 30mg of nicotine per day.

If I pick a liquid that contains 3mg/ml and use the same quantity of liquid it looks like this, 5 x 3 = 15mg of nicotine per day.

Here is a good read if you so desire.

Nicotine absorption from electronic cigarette use: comparison between first and new-generation devices : Scientific Reports : Nature Publishing Group

Maurice

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Ground Rules:
He/She Who Lives Dies
Worrying over whether it's the air, water, sun, food, cars, trains, airplanes, ..... or worrying itself that causes it. So, my take is nicotine, caffeine are not high enough on the list to kill myself worrying over. Been smokin' (nicotine), drinkin' coffee (~12 cups, caffeine) all of my life and It Ain't Killed Me Yet. So, I'll put off worrying for a while longer.
Do What You Do While You Still Can.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I have been vaping for 76 days. My mother had a heart attack at 45.. I just turned 40, I know a lot of you have done way more research that I could ever do so what I am asking is Does the nicotine I vape damage my heart? I know some say it raises BP and heart rate but my BP has always been 100/60 or lower.... My resting HR is around 66 bmp. I know your not doctors but would like to know what your thoughts are.

Sorry about heart disease in your family. It's in my family too. Yet my family and everyone back in the day smoked and didn't know what we all know more of, now. You have good BP and HR. How long were you smoking before the past 76 days when you started vaping?

You would think as long as nicotine has been around more studies would have been done on just the Nicotine and not the other chemicals found in smokes.
Studies have been done and are on-going. Good results that I've seen so far about nic and caffeine. However, like others have mentioned, too much nic or caffeine are not necessarily a good thing and could be very bad
Yes I have read that it helps with Alzheimer and Parkinson's.. I think there really maybe some good benefits from nicotine once people stop associating it with "Tobacco" Of course its just my opinion. I suffer OCD/anxiety disorder for 14 years. I take meds and they help a lot but take me off nicotine and I am 1000 times worse.

I'd be curious to hear more about your OCD/anxiety disorder as I might have it too.

I vape about 3-5ml aday... I use 18mg of nic but half it so its 9mg. My OCD is health related as I fear illness and death (I know crazy as no one wants to die healthy) I am a tad over weight, 5 foot 7 170lbs.. I try and eat as well as I can and I take meds for my anxiety but anytime my Heart rate rises I freak out. Its so hard to live this way. I am the "What if" queen. I have had tons of doctors visits so I know on the logical side of my brain that I am healthy.. since age 26 I have had 2 EKG's at least every year. In January I had a 2 hour EKG, chest xrays, complete blood work up... I had been vaping for one week then. Doctors said if they didnt know I was nearly 40 years old they would think by my results that I was 16 years old. That should have given me comfort to stop worrying and start living but woth this mental disorder the fear keeps coming back. I think its more of the lack of control about how and when you die for me.

T0rtitude

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
NYS
I vape about 3-5ml aday... I use 18mg of nic but half it so its 9mg. My OCD is health related as I fear illness and death (I know crazy as no one wants to die healthy) I am a tad over weight, 5 foot 7 170lbs.. I try and eat as well as I can and I take meds for my anxiety but anytime my Heart rate rises I freak out. Its so hard to live this way. I am the "What if" queen. I have had tons of doctors visits so I know on the logical side of my brain that I am healthy.. since age 26 I have had 2 EKG's at least every year. In January I had a 2 hour EKG, chest xrays, complete blood work up... I had been vaping for one week then. Doctors said if they didnt know I was nearly 40 years old they would think by my results that I was 16 years old. That should have given me comfort to stop worrying and start living but woth this mental disorder the fear keeps coming back. I think its more of the lack of control about how and when you die for me.

Are you me? I quit smoking and started paying attention non stop to what my heart is doing. Except I do have high blood pressure and beta blockers affect my heart a lot. If I don't take them, it goes nuts, whereas before it either didn't or I wasn't paying attention to it. I'm talking like 160 beats per min resting. That of course sends me into a tailspin of anxiety and panic attacks. Even when it's beating normal I can hear it beating all the time and can't not pay attention to it and worry about it. I had 3 EKGs in like 6 months. Doctors tell me I'm fine and shrug off the rebound tachycardia. And of course think something is catastrophically wrong with me that they're ignoring. The funniest part is, it all started with chest pain. It was chestwall pain on the right side. I didn't know what it was and thought I'd quit smoking. Took me months to figure out it was from GERD. By then it was too late though. Doctors had already concluded that everything was in my head, including the GI problems. Except the GI problems have a real physical cause. I realized way after the fact that the chest pain started immediately after I put drops of bleach in well water to kill off iron and sulfur bacteria. When I told my doctor I did this, she finally started taking me seriously and offered to send me to a GI doc. I turned her down, because after being treated like a crazy person, I no longer trust doctors. She still thinks I'm nuts for obsessing over my heart lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread