Do ecigs damage the heart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoltoCraft

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
United Kingdom
Depends on the wattage you are vaping at.
My guess is you are vaping at 5 to 10 watts.
If you are vaping 5 watts on an ego type battery, then sure go to 24mg.
Despite from the noobish question... I actually vape on 30W on an MVP 3.0, with an Aspire Nautilus tank, I love vaping and have been doing it for around 6 months.

Do you really think 24mg would be good, I don't want to have to vape 24/7, I just feel like I need a cigerette if I don't.

Only time I don't vape is sleeping and showering, but I am sure most people are like that... But I guess they don't use very high nic.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
If you stumble, fall on your mod and it punctures your heart through the chest then fo' su' it's dangerous to the heart....

Statistical odds for that to happen is something I can live with :)

Studies will become longer term as we continue to vape.
With just about two and a half years into vaping I'm a nib compared to some of the 'old' hands.
But as I continue to read their posts - it's apparent that they're still alive and well enough to contribute.

It takes decades for tobacco to wreak its havoc. Yet it should have been obvious to some extent:

If you get rescued from a burning building, you get treated for smoke inhalation.
If you smoke, you get taxed and get treated to abuse.

It's not much I ask - gimme the science preferably in layman's terms - unbiased, neutral, without an agenda.

Then, my dear Unca Sam, let me make up my own mind.

You weren't there when I took up smoking. So keep away after I took up vaping

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
No one here can give a definitive answer but Google konstantinos farsalinos he is a cardio vascular doctor doing a lot of research into the effects of vaping I'd take his opinions far more seriously then those of vaping biased internet warriors :).
Here is a breakdown of the Dr. Farsalinos cardiovascular study comparing smoking to vaping...

The relevant parts of the show begin at 19:10 in the video linked above.

Reactions: Coldrake

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I may not be obese, but I don't do a lot of excise (A.K.A None)... Would you say it would be a good idea to get a higher nic level, as I find myself vaping all the time, and can sometimes use a whole bottle of eliquid (10ml) in a day.

If you want to vape less to get satisfied, a higher nic level may better suit you...

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Do you not use any nicotine usually?

Maybe 5% of the time. I weaned off nic the first nine months I switched to vaping. Stayed off it for half a year and now use it occasionally for the TH. It's also nice in the morning for a slight pick-up, kinda like having a coffee.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Despite from the noobish question... I actually vape on 30W on an MVP 3.0, with an Aspire Nautilus tank, I love vaping and have been doing it for around 6 months.

Do you really think 24mg would be good, I don't want to have to vape 24/7, I just feel like I need a cigerette if I don't.

Only time I don't vape is sleeping and showering, but I am sure most people are like that... But I guess they don't use very high nic.

I did not say 24mg would be good.
What I said was IF YOU ARE VAPING AT 5 WATTS then sure, try 24mg.

30 watts at 18 mg sounds on the high side of things to me unless you're only vaping 5ml, but my guess is you vape more like 15 ml per day.

Reactions: Ryedan

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
You may also be craving something else. There's a lot that goes into cigarette addiction, nicotine is only a part of it. Have you considered using WTA? I'm not suggesting that you do, but you're at the upper middle range of nic strength, and using decently advanced/efficient gear. It wouldn't seem like inadequate nicotine is the problem, however, I know of at least one user who regularly vapes up to 50mg/ml nic so YMMV.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I did not say 24mg would be good.
What I said was IF YOU ARE VAPING AT 5 WATTS then sure, try 24mg.

30 watts at 18 mg sounds on the high side of things to me unless you're only vaping 5ml, but my guess is you vape more like 15 ml per day.

This is so true. The nic concentration of the juice means nothing to total daily nic consumption. It's nic concentration in MG/ML times ml vaped per day.

Vape 10 ml of 9 mg/ml juice a day = 90 mg of nicotine per day.

Vape 5 ml of 18 mg/ml juice a day = 90 mg of nicotine per day.

OTOH, if you vape 18 mg/ml juice at 30 watts with 5 second puffs, that will be a much harsher vape than the same juice at 15 watts with 5 second puffs.

Reactions: Lessifer

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I'm sorta hoping it *does* still damage the heart, though *in my heart* (hah) I know that's a load of malarkey -- there's no CO in vapor! But I would sooooooooo much rather drop dead of a heart attack than waste away by millimeters with lung cancer.

While it's true that we don't yet know the *long-term* effects of vaping, we do know a lot about the short and medium term effects, and the truth, basically, is that if you see something in the media that has anything bad to say about vaping, you can bet it's a load of manufactured and paid-for bull manure. The fact that we are quitting smoking in record numbers is exposing to full daylight the financial malfeasance of all those who have gambled against smokers by making bonds and taking loans against the MSA payments, which now do not meet the requirements of those bonds and loans.

All they can do is whine about the mythological "dangers" of e-cigs, when in fact the only real danger is to the bottom-lines of smoker haters, who have made their bread and butter for years telling us to quit smoking -- well, now we are doing that, OUR way, and they just can't stand that soon their jobs will be pointless.

Andria
you forgot to mention all the damage we are doing to the pharmaceutical companies by not using their drugs to quit smoking or treat smoking related illness. considering the "kick backs" some doctors and clinics get from these companies and the support some institutions get from them can these claims really be considered "unbiased"am I the only one who wonders if my doctor is trying to sell me things I don't need in order to increase his profits?is an MRI really needed for a sprained ankle and does the fact that the doctor owns an interest in the machine effect his judgement? do they support these companies and their propaganda because of financial interest.drugs.gums and patches did not work for me but thanks to vaping I have been tobacco free for 6 month and feel stronger and healthier.I have more energy and many of the problems I had when I smoked have disappeared.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
Great thread. I started a thread several months back in the health and safety section, asking what your cardiologists are saying about vaping. There was a burst of initial responses, but then it died out. I was a little surprised, as I thought that, due to the effects of smoking cigarettes on heart health, that it would be one of the major areas of focus of the ecig community.
Maybe yet to come..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread