Have you experienced increased or decreased levels of stress/anxiety since starting vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Interesting subject matter and observations, Leakingleaf. Thanks for starting the thread. Higher blood oxygen levels? Of course, and would have a positive effect. Lower nicotine levels? You may be on to something. I'm on day four smoke free after 40 years of 1.5 PAD and vaping 12mg which still (surprisingly) seems a little too high. Evenings find me wide awake (and in great spirits) when normally I'd be dozing off on the couch. I'm having zero issues with cravings. When I feel like having a cigarette I just vape it away. My daughter calls my e-cigs "Dumbo's feather". I tend to agree…mostly. But with the added benefit of controllable dosage nicotine. E-cigs are a dream come true for me. I've always said I just wanted to wake up one day and be a non-smoker and that is exactly what has happened for me. But I do believe that attitude has a huge part in this also.

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
When i used to smoke i was very very anxious. Switching, after almost 2 months, 1 month full vaping, im much better. I think, besides nicotine, there is a lot of chemicals on cigarettes that increase your anxiety, and/or enhances how body deal with nicotine.
For the first week tobacco free, i had a flu like experience, harsh, now im much better. I used to need to light 2 cigs on sequence, coudnt stay 30 minutes without a puff. Now i can stay much longer without puffing, the crave isnt so big, even vaping 18mg.

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
Fantastic feedback! Seems like most have experienced a decrease in overall stress levels, that's fantastic.

Reason I asked for the nicotine levels you guys are using is because I have thoughts regarding nicotine levels and levels of stress. I think long term, going low-nic is a much better bet if you have anxious/stressed nerves. Funnily enough, the few here who wrote they are still stressed all wrote they are vaping a lot of high-nic juice (not a lot of people wrote though, but still). Interesting!

i think there is a bit of behaviour stress on cigs, since now we cant smoke everywhere. I can vape on my work desk, so i dont care much about vaping, i just do a few puffs and put it aside.

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
My anxiety went up right away with the major change. But after a few weeks, my anxiety and stress levels went way down. Keep on keeping on!

This is really great to know. I had quit the analogs completely weekend before last and was SO stressed and anxiety ridden I picked them up again. Of course, I'm still happy with my accomplishments thus far as I went from 35 ciggies to 4 with Vaping. I've been vaping for 6 months now. Love it!

I vape 24, WTA (Whole Tobacco Alkaloid), 4-6 ML per day.

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
i think there is a bit of behaviour stress on cigs, since now we cant smoke everywhere. I can vape on my work desk, so i dont care much about vaping, i just do a few puffs and put it aside.

I would LOVE to be able to vape at work. Unfortunately, the people I work with are so ignorant about ecigs they would rather see me smoke! I've been told not to have my Vamo anywhere on the premises or I would be disciplined. :(

MN_Mike

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
St. Cloud, Minnesota
I've noticed a pretty big drop in my anxiety. I have an anxiety disorder so I pay attention to it. After about the first week my anxiety went way down. I use 12mg liquid, which is still on the high side. I've been wondering if all the other crap in cigarettes was causing me more anxiety. I have a hunch that it could be, but I can't find any studies on it.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
I've been strictly vaping since the day before Thanksgiving. I've lower stress, and feel a lot more positive since. I think the hardest thing to adapt to was morning coffee w/o the analog. I think that one boiled down to it taking a while to find the right juice for the sitch. I did try a cig, about a month ago, and it tasted so freaking horrible (sour/bitter) and it actually gave me more resolve. I'm not sure if I am really saving money though, as I seem to be spending about as much on juice as I did on analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread