Have you experienced increased or decreased levels of stress/anxiety since starting vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeakingLeaf

Jan 23, 2014
Sweden
Yeah, as the topic says: Have you experienced an increase or decrease in stress/anxiety, or any other (positive) change in mental health when starting vaping and quitting tobacco? And if yes/no, how much are you vaping, and at what mg?

For me, since starting vaping (only almost at 5 days now though), I have noticed a significant decrease in anxiety and stress levels. Today, I felt like the world was going in slow motion from how calm I was. I have been jittery, anxious and stressed for probably 7 years now, for an unknown reason. Now it's almost like I attribute this to my crazy tobacco and caffeine use. It was probably not solely that, but I've always had an extremely creative mind, and with a lot of adrenaline pumping around my body, the creativity perpetuated a never ending worry cycle, which I now feel like I'm on a good way of breaking.

So yeah, for me, decreased (however, increased the first day(s)). It will be fun to see if it will go down even more.

I vape 16 mg, around 6 ml per day.

jessd

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Northern California
Hi LeakingLeaf--

That's really interesting that you are experiencing decreased anxiety since you started vaping. I have talked to many whose anxiety went up for one reason or another..probably mostly because they were making such a huge change in their daily routines.

For me...I'd say it's been mixed. I'm on day 10 right now. The first 5 or so days I was like a roller coaster. Very up and down. But when when I was calm, I felt unusually calm. But the last couple days my anx levels have been through the roof. I think I may actually need to lower my nic level (I'm at 18mg which was a bit of an overshot, perhaps). But I'm also dealing with a move and school starting so I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it :)

carhauler1969

Jan 24, 2014
United States
Oddly enough, since smoking my last analog 8.5 days ago, I have actually noticed my stress level has decreased, & I'm remaining almost calm in highly stressful situations. When I was smoking I would sometimes get so stressed out by the simplest things, like traffic, that it would actually make me feel sick.
Yesterday I found myself in an extremely stressful situation, that I caused, that has now become a 28+ hour repair on the truck I drive for a living. I have been able to remain calm throughout the entire ordeal & not just explode or make things worse than they already are. The only thing that has changed recently is that I have quit smoking entirely, & started vaping exclusively.

I'm currently vaping approximately 4-6mL a day, though today has been substantially less. My eLiquid nicotine levels range from 12-24mg, but I usually stick with the 12 & 16mg stuff for the most part. I haven't vaped any of the 24mg stuff in a while without diluting it with some other flavor & lower nicotine level first.

HighEnergyProton

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Germany
I've become really relaxed since vaping. Maybe it's that I don't have to think about the analog that I'm busy smoking is trying to kill me, or maybe it's just sitting on the sofa and enjoying the vape. I also love the hunt for new bits, I sit and search for my next mod or what tank I'm going to buy next. The transition from analog to vaping was so easy for me, I was actually really committed to it by the time I ordered my first setup online. I was completely ready to never smoke again. Now the only stress I have is when the mail is going to arrive :)

pipster

ECF Veteran
In general I may be a little more anxious than usual... but I think it's due to chain vaping and too much nicotine! I'm going to lower my nic levels on my next orders. More stress d/t constantly gurgling, leaking, and juice spitting Evods and Protanks. Fiddle, fiddle, fiddle! I am using my Iclear 16's that came with my ITVV3 a lot more than I thought I ever would. Not the greatest flavor, but they seem to work better. So for now, until something better comes along.. fiddle, fiddle, fiddle.

SonorGuy

Jan 28, 2014
pa
well from one who is just like you in the matter of the mind over anxiety bit, I can't say I've had any issue with that. still love my morning coffee, strong as it can be, half cup coffee, one cup water :laugh: and while at first I may have been more aware of things, nothing that i havn't had the million times I 'tried' to quite smoking. I smoked for 30 yrs, and trust me tried everything. I'm down to 6 mg nic after just 5 weeks, so If I was going to go the direction of full blown attack mode, it would have happened by now. I think I'm more with you on the chill side. Maybe to much..? but it is the DEAD of frikin winter here, and I get cabin fever real quick.

Last edited:

carbonbegone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Indy
No anxiety here, thank goodness.
2 years ago I quit cigs for 9 months using the nicotine gum, not a good experience & eventually failed.
5 days ago & purchased my 1st rig, some juice & spare clearo coils, haven't lit a cig since & it's apparent that this is much, much better.
I remember the 1st week or 2 as being the toughest - this has been pretty much a breeze by comparison.
yippee ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread