My experience with severe anxiety, body pain and vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGrimReaper

Feb 23, 2015
Ohio
So, I have had severe panic and anxiety disorder, depression for over 5 years now. ADHD from the time I was 8 and PTSD (which is a long story that I won't go into) and personality disorder. So therefore my body is in pain alot of the time from stress, my muscles are always tensed from high amounts of adrenaline. and of course work doesn't help, in-laws and general life. And everything is much different in the eyes of someone who has all these issues. I've been on multiple medications. Beta blockers, anti depressants, anti anxiety meds, clonifine, citlopram, xanax ect ect ect... Well... One would think this would be the end to a horrible nightmare... But no. Long story short, meds didn't work. So now comes the resolve!!! I found vaping WORKS!!!! I don't have the excruciating panic attacks anymore, my muscles are actually looser now and I can think straight. My heart rate has dropped from a normal of 110 to a slow easy 70-80 andy blood pressure has gone from a regular 140/90 to 118/70. I can drink tegular coffee again without having anxiety all day. The depression has gone away a lot too. So much more I could say that has changed for the better... This has been my personal experience with vaping... And it's amazing. :D

Last edited:

TheGrimReaper

Feb 23, 2015
Ohio
Wow. That's pretty fantastic. Were you a smoker before you started vaping?
If so, I'm going to make my wife read this - might be the push she needs to finally switch

I was a few years back, and those made everything worse. The feeling you get with those just makes you so jittery.... So i read up on vaping and gave it another shot. And wallah!!! And believe me, I've tried everything... Even going as far as going organic and going sugar and carb and alcohol free cause I thought those were causing it. Hope it works for her!!!

Last edited:

NobleRayne

Feb 27, 2015
Florida
So, I have had severe panic and anxiety disorder, depression for over 5 years now. ADHD from the time I was 8 and PTSD (which is a long story that I won't go into) and personality disorder. So therefore my body is in pain alot of the time from stress, my muscles are always tensed from high amounts of adrenaline. and of course work doesn't help, in-laws and general life. And everything is much different in the eyes of someone who has all these issues. I've been on multiple medications. Beta blockers, anti depressants, anti anxiety meds, clonifine, citlopram, xanax ect ect ect... Well... One would think this would be the end to a horrible nightmare... But no. Long story short, meds didn't work. So now comes the resolve!!! I found vaping WORKS!!!! I don't have the excruciating panic attacks anymore, my muscles are actually looser now and I can think straight. My heart rate has dropped from a normal of 110 to a slow easy 70-80 andy blood pressure has gone from a regular 140/90 to 118/70. I can drink tegular coffee again without having anxiety all day. The depression has gone away a lot too. So much more I could say that has changed for the better... This has been my personal experience with vaping... And it's amazing. :D

First off Congratulations! I'm happy to hear your doing so well. I have suffered some of the things you have mentioned, so it's not completely lost upon me. It is one of the most horrific things you can go through. I had the Panic Disorder and PTSD. The panic attacks alone were terrible, I always felt like I was dying. Problem was I let it get out of hand and self medicated with alcohol. Bad idea... I got to a really dark place where it was unbearable, drinking all night blowing through 2 packs of cigarettes in 6-8 hours before passing out because I couldn't sleep on my own. Something happened one day though, It got worse.. I broke down obviously, lets skip those details. I'm not sure what happened exactly. I had all I could possibly handle and I told myself no more alcohol. It took awhile but I was down to a few beers a night and still smoked like a freight train. One night I decided to give it go without the alcohol altogether. It was tough not getting enough sleep and all, but was worth it. I started to feel better at least. One day I was at work and a guy got bit by some kind of cow ant, or something like that anyway. He had a severe allergic reaction and as the ambulance was coming to pick him up he asked if he could vape. We let him, and what I seen was just beautiful! It was an ego battery (black) with a Protank on top of it's beauty ring. :vapor: I had tried to vape the Blu E-Cigs a couple years before, I hated them and never looked back, but this, I had to try! I asked him all about it, and the next couple days I went to a local shop and got my own starter kit with 18mg nic, American Tobacco. I just thought, I can atleast cut back with vaping. My goal was no more than 10 Cigarettes a day. I NEVER looked back! The cig I smoked in my car before entering the shop, and buying my Protank 2 clone with an old Ego was the last one I EVER smoked! I was unaware of clones and what not at the time. I feel so much better now. I can't say it was all vaping, because I had made so many other life changes that year but it sure has helped tons! Don't remember my last full blown panic attack and anxiety is definately manageable and only getting better.This 3+ pack a day smoker, drinking until passing out every night, and 2mg a day klonopin patient is now a 4ml of 12 mg e-liquid vaper and 1/2 mg Klonopin a day as needed patient. How far we've come my friend, and it only gets better from here! Good luck! Live long and prosper.

TheGrimReaper

Feb 23, 2015
Ohio
First off Congratulations! I'm happy to hear your doing so well. I have suffered some of the things you have mentioned, so it's not completely lost upon me. It is one of the most horrific things you can go through. I had the Panic Disorder and PTSD. The panic attacks alone were terrible, I always felt like I was dying. Problem was I let it get out of hand and self medicated with alcohol. Bad idea... I got to a really dark place where it was unbearable, drinking all night blowing through 2 packs of cigarettes in 6-8 hours before passing out because I couldn't sleep on my own. Something happened one day though, It got worse.. I broke down obviously, lets skip those details. I'm not sure what happened exactly. I had all I could possibly handle and I told myself no more alcohol. It took awhile but I was down to a few beers a night and still smoked like a freight train. One night I decided to give it go without the alcohol altogether. It was tough not getting enough sleep and all, but was worth it. I started to feel better at least. One day I was at work and a guy got bit by some kind of cow ant, or something like that anyway. He had a severe allergic reaction and as the ambulance was coming to pick him up he asked if he could vape. We let him, and what I seen was just beautiful! It was an ego battery (black) with a Protank on top of it's beauty ring. :vapor: I had tried to vape the Blu E-Cigs a couple years before, I hated them and never looked back, but this, I had to try! I asked him all about it, and the next couple days I went to a local shop and got my own starter kit with 18mg nic, American Tobacco. I just thought, I can atleast cut back with vaping. My goal was no more than 10 Cigarettes a day. I NEVER looked back! The cig I smoked in my car before entering the shop, and buying my Protank 2 clone with an old Ego was the last one I EVER smoked! I was unaware of clones and what not at the time. I feel so much better now. I can't say it was all vaping, because I had made so many other life changes that year but it sure has helped tons! Don't remember my last full blown panic attack and anxiety is definately manageable and only getting better.This 3+ pack a day smoker, drinking until passing out every night, and 2mg a day klonopin patient is now a 4ml of 12 mg e-liquid vaper and 1/2 mg Klonopin a day as needed patient. How far we've come my friend, and it only gets better from here! Good luck! Live long and prosper.

WOW! Firstly... This COMPLETELY made me smile and made my day to hear another story like this!!! So glad I'm not the only one!!! And you are so right, how far we've come. I'm completely thrilled to read this!!! :D I remember how horrible analogs use to make me feel. Hoping that they would dull the panic. Glad you got off those things!!! God bless you, my friend!!!! Indeed!!!

Last edited:

NobleRayne

Feb 27, 2015
Florida
WOW! Firstly... This COMPLETELY made me smile and made my day to hear another story like this!!! So glad I'm not the only one!!! And you are so right, how far we've come. I'm completely thrilled to read this!!! :D I remember how horrible analogs use to make me feel. Hoping that they would dull the panic. Glad you got off those things!!! God bless you, my friend!!!! Indeed!!!

I'm glad to have made someones day and I'm happy vaping has been working out for you too. Trust me though, you are NOT the only one. There have been plenty of stories like this on here and other places. This is definitely a good place for support and any kind of info/advice you need about vaping. I've been a lurker on here since last year but didn't bother with an account until now. I've recently gotten into RTAs and what not. So far, I'm loving it! I felt the same as you reading your initial post. It's always good to see someone that has suffered through anxiety/panic be able to take control over it. It is something that many can't understand, through no fault of their own. Just know your not alone and now you have a whole big vaping community behind you!:)

TheGrimReaper

Feb 23, 2015
Ohio
Please, please GrimReaper and NobleRayne submit your life experience with vaping to the CASAA.org. It's wonderful that you two have come a such long way and vaping as helped you tremendously through your struggles. Thank you for posting. I feel humbled. :)

I just published it to casaa.org. I hope it helps!!! And thank you. <3

Last edited:

NobleRayne

Feb 27, 2015
Florida
Please, please GrimReaper and NobleRayne submit your life experience with vaping to the CASAA.org. It's wonderful that you two have come a such long way and vaping as helped you tremendously through your struggles. Thank you for posting. I feel humbled. :)

Thanks! that was actually my next stop. Off to join CASSAA! Just a shout out to you guys here on ECF, keep doing what you do. I know it's hard to see through our screens, but all the support and info you guys post truly changes peoples lives as they decide to kick the analog habit. Thanks for everything, and as I learn more and more in the vast and ever changing world of vaping, I hope to pay it forward.

mosspa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2014
Bonita Springs, FL, USA

This is great news. I'm vaping for cognitive improvement and have noticed a similar HR effect. My baseline HR was about 99-102BPM for the last few years. Since I have been vaping I've noticed a small increment in my HR. However, now, about two months in, my baseline HR has gone down to about 85 BPM and, even though I experience a slight increase (+5, or so BPM) while I am vaping, it drops down after about 15 min after my last drag, and remains low (and appears to be progressively getting lower the longer I vape), thereafter.

jmitch86

May 11, 2014
charlotte,nc
That is great! If you believe it works for you then stick with it. I on the other hand am wondering if Im not experiencing some negative health effects. That is one thing that made me want to rejoin this forum and see if I could dig around for some ideas, others thoughts and opinions or info in general. I hope there is some sort of medical section on here I can find my way into!

mosspa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2014
Bonita Springs, FL, USA
That is one thing that made me want to rejoin this forum and see if I could dig around for some ideas, others thoughts and opinions or info in general. I hope there is some sort of medical section on here I can find my way into!

There is a forum section for medical issues on the main forum list. It's a bit down the list, however. I wasn't even aware of it untill I kept scrolling the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread