• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Have A Bible Question? Ask it Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigham1

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Camden, SC
I really doubt that Adam was the first man. The argument made is that Hebrew writing is "spatial". This means that the story is in the beginning summed up and then retold in detail. We see this certainly with Kings & Chronicles. Here is where it gets complicated. Though the first 5 books (Pentateuch) were attributed to Moses, they were actually done by Baruch, Jeremiah's scribe. We would need now to understand Baruch's style of writing. Did Baruch write "spatially"? The answer is yes & no. He did but not in the form that would account for what we see in Genesis. If we would be correct in our summation of Baruch's style, that leaves us with the issue of two different accounts of creation. Theologically why do we need Adam & Eve? Purely for the lineage of Christ. There is also the issue of Cain's fear. He told God "don't send me out there because they will kill me". If "they" were his brothers/sisters we have a problem. Cain would certainly be the elder and therefore stronger of these children with little concern over their power to do him harm. What conclusions can be made? 1) Cain & Abel were not the 1st born or 2) there were indeed other peoples on the face of the earth. Now the Bible says that Eve is "the mother of all living". How can this be if there were other people? During the flood every living person was killed except for Noah and his family. Is there a contradiction in what the Bible says? If one traces back we will find that Noah was of Eve's lineage. Since Noah is of this lineage and the only surviving peoples on the face of the earth, then Eve is in fact the mother of all lineage. Can we or will we ever know for certain? All I can tell you is to ask God when you get there. I doubt seriously that anyone will really care at that point. :p

Southern Gent,

I want to thank you for this explanation. This has shed wonderful light on a difficult issue I had. What you say makes sence to me now. I have asked many people that question and no one could give me a plausable answer until now. So now even if there were other creations of man this would explain it.

Thank you again sir.

Bigham1

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Camden, SC
Capt. Crusier checking in! I agree with SG that it's questions to ask God the Father when we get there, but in all honesty, none of that interests me. I guess I'm a Jesus sell-out. I am sooooo glad I was born under Grace. The Lord knows how I hate to kill anything and just couldn't do sacrifices. Old Testament law states that when a woman was in her cycle, she was considered unclean. At the end of her cycle, she would have to sacrifice a dove outside of camp.

Don't like fish either. At the feeding of the 5,000, I would have asked for macaroni and cheese and an extra helping of bread. I don't like lamb. I guess I would have been a good candidate for manna. Now THAT was cool!!!!!!:2cool:

None of them people in that plane crash thought they would eat human flesh either. But if you get hungry enough you will eat anything. Lol

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
None of them people in that plane crash thought they would eat human flesh either. But if you get hungry enough you will eat anything. Lol

You are absolutely correct, Bigham. I would hope I would never be in a position where I would have to eat flesh from a human, raw meat from an animal and I sure couldn't stomach sushi. I'd no sooner take a bite and it would come back up. Those people you were talking about had no choice. It was either do this or die. That had to scar them. People in the Old Testament ate their babies. I don't understand that in the least.:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread