Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Great write up and wish my vapor's dead tongue had an easy remedy. I think I've seriously have tried every remedy mentioned on the entire ECF posts to no avail. The only one I have yet to try is oil pulling which sounds completely nasty...eewwww, but may give it a shot.

For me, time has been the only remedy and right now i have it again so hopefully in around 4-5 days, it will be back to normal. I dont get the full blown vapor's tongue like I did twice my first month of vaping, but more of very muted flavor. Either way, its super annoying and frustrating.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Great write up and wish my vapor's dead tongue had an easy remedy. I think I've seriously have tried every remedy mentioned on the entire ECF posts to no avail. The only one I have yet to try is oil pulling which sounds completely nasty...eewwww, but may give it a shot.

For me, time has been the only remedy and right now i have it again so hopefully in around 4-5 days, it will be back to normal. I dont get the full blown vapor's tongue like I did twice my first month of vaping, but more of very muted flavor. Either way, its super annoying and frustrating.

I haven't been around long enough to know what all the remedies are that you've tried. So warm salt water rinses or fresh lemon juice in water haven't worked for you?

The French have what is called the Norman break - a shot of apple brandy to cleanse the palate. One site mentioned Calvados for those for whom a neutral flavor doesn't work. Could be worth a shot :2cool: - or two....

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
i use my own personal "Palette Cleanser" that works errytime!

1 oz Kentucky Bourbon

1/2 oz Triple Sec

1 oz Drano Xtra Strength

1 oz Simple syrup

1/2 oz Turpentine

Pour over battery acid and sweet & sour and STIR (do not shake, for the love of all that is good and holy, do NOT shake) gently.

rim a glass with Metamucil

enjoy...both the clean tongue, clean bowels, and utter lack of ability to sense emotions.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I haven't been around long enough to know what all the remedies are that you've tried. So warm salt water rinses or fresh lemon juice in water haven't worked for you?

The French have what is called the Norman break - a shot of apple brandy to cleanse the palate. One site mentioned Calvados for those for whom a neutral flavor doesn't work. Could be worth a shot :2cool: - or two....

I've used a ton of water, lemon, lime, tic tacs, gum, tongue scrapers, Biotene Gel and mouth wash, light tongue brushing, jalapeños, salt water, sniffing coffee grounds, Saline Aloe nasal spray, Neti Pot, switch up to 15 flavors a day, unflavored and honestly so much more I can't even remember them all. Guess I'll take a shot of Apple brandy ;)

Lurch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Central Florida
i use my own personal "Palette Cleanser" that works errytime!

1 oz Kentucky Bourbon

1/2 oz Triple Sec

1 oz Drano Xtra Strength

1 oz Simple syrup

1/2 oz Turpentine

Pour over battery acid and sweet & sour and STIR (do not shake, for the love of all that is good and holy, do NOT shake) gently.

rim a glass with Metamucil

enjoy...both the clean tongue, clean bowels, and utter lack of ability to sense emotions.

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is a mixologist!!!!!!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
This may just be weird, or it might help someone else. During a bout of vaper's tongue last week, I noticed an area on the roof of my mouth that was a little numb. That got me thinking about the angle of the mouthpiece when I vape. The vapor was being aimed at the roof of my mouth, where there are no taste receptors. Pointing the mouthpiece down helped!

I also noticed that relaxing the tongue helps you taste the flavors. Aiming so the vapor hits different areas of a relaxed tongue also alters the flavor. This helped right away, and might be worth a try. :)

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
I have recently started experiencing this and I'm a new vaper 3 weeks as of today. I don't if I caused this burt tongue/roof problem and lack of taste when I was trying to get an atomizer to work, which I never did. Really hot/dry vaper was the result for about a day of tinkering around, and I believe thats when this all started. The other flavors I was switching in between at the time were Sub-Zero and Kringle's Curse, which both helped give me a clean taste or neutralize that burt sensation but now its still lingering...chewing some gum now. Hopefully I can take it easy the next week. Best of luck to all our lickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread