Great mod for Direct Drippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippie

Moved On
Feb 25, 2010
Milky Way
I wanted to tailpipe but hated the heat from the atty on my lips so I decided to use some 3/8 heat shrink tubing I bought in the electronics section at Home Depot. I cut it to the size of the atty and used a lighter to shrink it on, I then added another layer and bam now it is so easy to drip and my lips don't feel too much heat unless I'm taking long drags at a fast pace.

I thought this might overheat the atty but I haven't had any problems yet.

Last edited:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Great idea..... but you have to ask yourself how safe it is to be inhaling heated and reheated and reheated heat-shrink tubing on a hot atty. Is it worth the risk?

I'd rather hear of people buying the mouthpieces or making a dripping device such as the many mods in this modders forum.

Here is a link to my thread with ideas on how to make your own nico-stick for dripping with parts that are easily bought.... most of which MadVapes carries. With such great ingenuity as you've displayed, you'd have no problems.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/71735-madvapes-nico-drip-mod.html

Vaping healthwise already holds too many unanswered questions for us guinea pigs.... I'd rather see people keeping it narrowed down in case any difficulties should arise. The fewer chemicals, the better.

TickTock

Moved On
Feb 21, 2010
earth
Great idea..... but you have to ask yourself how safe it is to be inhaling heated and reheated and reheated heat-shrink tubing on a hot atty. Is it worth the risk?

I'd rather hear of people buying the mouthpieces or making a dripping device such as the many mods in this modders forum.

Here is a link to my thread with ideas on how to make your own nico-stick for dripping with parts that are easily bought.... most of which MadVapes carries. With such great ingenuity as you've displayed, you'd have no problems.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/71735-madvapes-nico-drip-mod.html

Vaping healthwise already holds too many unanswered questions for us guinea pigs.... I'd rather see people keeping it narrowed down in case any difficulties should arise. The fewer chemicals, the better.

To me this doesn't make sense, the heat shrink is on the outside and is heat resistant up to 275 degrees. I just tried this tonight and I don't think there's a better way to direct drip at the moment. I don't taste anything from the heat shrink, it doesn't get too hot, it feels soft on my lips, and my PV is much shorter.

Thanks for the info OP.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
To me this doesn't make sense, the heat shrink is on the outside and is heat resistant up to 275 degrees. I just tried this tonight and I don't think there's a better way to direct drip at the moment. I don't taste anything from the heat shrink, it doesn't get too hot, it feels soft on my lips, and my PV is much shorter.

Thanks for the info OP.

Then go for it. ;)

TickTock

Moved On
Feb 21, 2010
earth
Then go for it. ;)

You're talking like you are so wise or either pushing Mapvapes, why don't you try it and see if you think you're breathing in anything other then eliquid vapor.

And your mod you mentioned is huge and ugly, I want something that will fit nicely in my hand and barely be seen. Also the two mods are completely different, you didn't even need to post in this thread.

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida
You're talking like you are so wise or either pushing Mapvapes, why don't you try it and see if you think you're breathing in anything other then eliquid vapor.

And your mod you mentioned is huge and ugly, I want something that will fit nicely in my hand and barely be seen. Also the two mods are completely different, you didn't even need to post in this thread.
Insulting people here is no way to make friends....:nah:

TWalker

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
NM
You're talking like you are so wise...

And your mod you mentioned is huge and ugly...

Now now kids....can't we all get along? :D

I got a laugh out of that. Instead of Yo mama jokes we can now do Yo Mod jokes. Me first.

YO MOD IS SO BIG THAT WHEN LED COMES ON PEOPLE JUMP OUTTA THE WAY CAUSE THEY THINK A TRUCK IS GONNA HIT EM!

OR

YO MOD IS SO BIG THAT WHEN LED COMES ON PEOPLE START RUNNING CAUSE THEY THINK THE POLICE IS AFTER THEM!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread