Bridgeless is a drippers dream atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
That hole in the center of the ceramic cup is the air-channel...

The reservoir is an 'extension' of the mesh sorrounding the cup as in the whole body of mesh covering part of the atty in some models... When you pull juice does find its way into the coil... Too tight of a pull might cause a lot of liquid on the mesh to be delivered into the cup too soon, leading to a clogged/ flooded vape. So its better to drip less depending on how 'hard' you pull when taking a puff, mostly, because more liquid may be delivered altogether.

The juice is NOT supposed to pool in... This may translate into a 'clogged' vape... (Though sometimes it could work depending on heat and your dragging-holding-your-unit technique...)

One 'average' drop (eventually and in general) will be ALL that it takes for a debridged atty to stay on the right level of juice... Wet, not too much...

The juice that gets vaporized directly is the one on the fibers inside the coil... The rest could be atomized but as in a peripheral vaporization process which means not a good quality TH and flavor-wise... Similar to the eGo-T type of vaporization, where the process of 'peripheral vapor production' is a natural consequence to the very structure of the system.

Just my observations... :laugh:

Last edited:

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
One 'average' drop (eventually and in general) will be ALL that it takes for a debridged atty to stay on the right level of juice... Wet, not too much...

The juice that gets vaporized directly is the one on the fibers inside the coil... The rest could be atomized but as in a peripheral vaporization process which means not a good quality TH and flavor-wise... Similar to the eGo-T type of vaporization, where the process of 'peripheral vapor production' is a natural consequence to the very structure of the system.

Matches my observations.

I bead blasted my abused underperforming debridged M401 till outer coil was bare metal.

Bead blasting can't clean inner coil w/ wick.

Atty still under performer w/ outer coil clean.

I suspect the wick and inner coil is slagged.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
That hole in the center of the ceramic cup is the air-channel...

The reservoir is an 'extension' of the mesh sorrounding the cup as in the whole body of mesh covering part of the atty in some models... When you pull juice does find its way into the coil... Too tight of a pull might cause a lot of liquid on the mesh to be delivered into the cup too soon, leading to a clogged/ flooded vape. So its better to drip less depending on how 'hard' you pull when taking a puff, mostly, because more liquid may be delivered altogether.

The juice is NOT supposed to pool in... This may translate into a 'clogged' vape... (Though sometimes it could work depending on heat and your dragging-holding-your-unit technique...)

Very true... I used to think that de-bridging would pretty much ruin an atty... now that I've experienced a lot of this, I still dont think it makes a difference... but it doesnt necessarily ruin an atty.

I will say that without the bridge, nothing protects my lips/mouth/tongue from hot juice that can pop up from a hot coil... happens every so often.

My conclusion, which is just my preference... leave the bridge, pull the wick!

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
Very true... I used to think that de-bridging would pretty much ruin an atty... now that I've experienced a lot of this, I still dont think it makes a difference... but it doesnt necessarily ruin an atty.

I will say that without the bridge, nothing protects my lips/mouth/tongue from hot juice that can pop up from a hot coil... happens every so often.

My conclusion, which is just my preference... leave the bridge, pull the wick!

Yea, I don't like the hot juice either :ohmy:

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Lol! I have a fresh atty that I will try to dewick today :D It's just so hard to tell if the wick is still in the coil when the bridge is still on there.

Thats why you CUT it! Then it's guaranteed to be in there. Check this out...

IMG_0169__89192_zoom.jpg

See how the wick runs through the coil, and theres a little bit left on each side? Thats EXACTLY what you want your 306 to look like (with a bridge, of course).

Just pry it out from under both sides of the bridge, hold it with tweezers, then slice it with a razor blade.... on each side. Then you have exactly what you want... wick through the coils and a little bit sticking out either side... but no longer blocking the holes under the bridge that allow you to see the coils.

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
Thats why you CUT it! Then it's guaranteed to be in there. Check this out...

IMG_0169__89192_zoom.jpg

See how the wick runs through the coil, and theres a little bit left on each side? Thats EXACTLY what you want your 306 to look like (with a bridge, of course).

Just pry it out from under both sides of the bridge, hold it with tweezers, then slice it with a razor blade.... on each side. Then you have exactly what you want... wick through the coils and a little bit sticking out either side... but no longer blocking the holes under the bridge that allow you to see the coils.

I think I get it :D I will give this a try later tonight when I have more patience.

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
Okay, I must I'm thick, but when you say "dewicked but not debridged" do you mean TAKE OFF the metal mesh but LEAVE ON the flat smooth metal bridge? On your 306s, I mean....

No, you leave the whole thing with the mesh. You are just pulling out the wick on both sides of the bridge and attempting to cut off as much of it as you can, leaving only the piece that runs through the coil. I say "attempting" because it's really hard to see if you did it right. I have 1 or 2 attys that I may have pulled the whole wick out but they still work. I just prefer to have that little piece there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread