Good company, good service, good product, but not much traffic. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
So I have noticed, that Puresmoker makes good products, has good service, and is a really good company. Why do the subforums for puresmoker, the subforum for the prodigy, and the puresmokers company forum have such low traffic? I don't get it. All these things would indicate to me that they would be constantly talked about. What gives?

I do have a theory. Perhaps because the prodigy and the icon are such solid products, users don't have reason to go to the forums because, if it isn't broke, don't go to the forums to figure out how to fix it. Any other ideas?

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Milo ...

A majority of our customers are veterans that really don't visit forums any longer.

Our Subforum used to be popping back in 2008 & 2009 when we were 1 of 5 companies up and running at the time.

I've seen it happen to even a couple of friends of mine. When people first start vaping, they are all gung hoe, wanting to try anything & everything. The "newness" and "coolness" factor slowly starts to fade and they don't visit forums any longer. Once they got the equipment and juice part down, they're good to go.

If you go back and look at how many members are still here from 2008 like myself -- we are few & far between. Just the nature of the beast :)

As for PureSmoker -- we seem to cater more towards the "veteran" type vaper, not really the "noobie" vaper. Although we do carry your standard Chinese ecig's, a majority of our sales are in our USA made products :)

Hope that helps better answer your question :)

Appreciate the post and kind comments, and wish you the best of luck in 2012 !!!

-Steve

alex.vprv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2011
So. Cal.
You know.. I agree with your opinion regarding the quality and consistency of both the prodigy and the icon. Vape Revolution sells a lot of both devices and me and my girlfriend are happy owners. She doesn't do the forums, and I have no complaints at all. I could however start a thread about how she has dropped, accidentally kicked, and accidentally thrown her icon like 25+ times in the last month and a half. I service it the same as my prodigy, and other than having to tighten up her switch, it works just as good as new. Looks pretty good still, all things considered. I even recently met another guy who has beaten his icon even worse, but it still works like a champ. So yeah, saw this and felt inspired to chime in. Have a great night!

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
The prodigy is the best mod I have used... and I have used many...
I even liked it more than the expensive Precise+

as for traffic... PS has been around a while... The hype is long gone ;-) But the products are still top notch.

...and be careful of the hype anywhere... most of the time I fall for the hype I end up getting something that is sub par...

I would participate more in this subforum if more people were checking in... I just check it for the occasional new review... or SALE ;-) mmm sale... love those...

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
My 1st mod was an icon. I skipped the Chinese crap all together. Lucky for me I had a veteran friend introduce me to vaping, and the icon was what he had.

I have since returned to PS several times to purchase incidentals (carts and the like) because their prices are reasonable, service is great, and they are somewhat close (although I have yet to actually darken the door of their retail outlet).

I will continue to shop PS.

Sent via cellular communication device...

okcodemonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Oklahoma
www.okcodemonkey.com
@lasttango I agree with you PureSmoker makes a great product. I am somewhat of a noob, but my ICON V1. 1 is what is keeping me off the analogs. The simplicity of it, size, and quality are what keep me off the analogs. I tries other PVs and would go back to analogs because something would fail. Pair my ICON with the ziptip and a 1.5 ohm arty and I am in heaven and don't have to worry about it stopping working. My next purchase will be a Prodigy at 6V as I want a backup and variety. Although unless my ICON gets stolen I don't know that I will need it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Hey Milo ...

A majority of our customers are veterans that really don't visit forums any longer.

Our Subforum used to be popping back in 2008 & 2009 when we were 1 of 5 companies up and running at the time.

I've seen it happen to even a couple of friends of mine. When people first start vaping, they are all gung hoe, wanting to try anything & everything. The "newness" and "coolness" factor slowly starts to fade and they don't visit forums any longer. Once they got the equipment and juice part down, they're good to go.

If you go back and look at how many members are still here from 2008 like myself -- we are few & far between. Just the nature of the beast :)

As for PureSmoker -- we seem to cater more towards the "veteran" type vaper, not really the "noobie" vaper. Although we do carry your standard Chinese ecig's, a majority of our sales are in our USA made products :)

Hope that helps better answer your question :)

Appreciate the post and kind comments, and wish you the best of luck in 2012 !!!

-Steve
You summed that up well Steve! It's easy to get lost in the crowd these days with the endless supply of vendors. I happen to know that you were THE supplier for most of us here back in early 2009. I am happy to say that you have always been my #1 juice supplier and the vendor I bought my first Mod from.

May not be as many veterans who stop in here any longer but I'm sure they are loyal customers just the same.

:)Wiz!

mace bewley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2009
Rogers AR
Very Loyal 3 year customer and Steve is right about the newness wearing off, or in my case I have a V3 and vape SLM I know it works I know where to get it (PureSmoker.com) I pop in from time to time to see whats new or say hi to old friends (Hi Wiz) and thats about it. But yes back in the day PS's forum used to jump, even causing ECF to go down at times (After the big move)

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Very Loyal 3 year customer and Steve is right about the newness wearing off, or in my case I have a V3 and vape SLM I know it works I know where to get it (PureSmoker.com) I pop in from time to time to see whats new or say hi to old friends (Hi Wiz) and thats about it. But yes back in the day PS's forum used to jump, even causing ECF to go down at times (After the big move)
Hi back Mace! Nice to see you "making the rounds" today! Do so more often ok? I certainly remember the "Big Crash of 09".........Too many buyers and too little bandwidth! That was a crazy day. Glad I had stocked up before PS ran out! I'm assuming now that was due to the chinese new year or a FDA confiscation.

Gotta love that SLM!!

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Appreciate everyone stopping in and saying "Hi" ...

The industry has moved so quickly, its easy to get lost in the haze. We're here if anyone ever needs to find us or needs help. We do spend a majority of our time & resources on our own forums, but we'll never get rid of our ECF Account. The amount of information, friends, and experiences we've shared with everyone on these forums for coming up on 4 years in June is irreplacable ....

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Appreciate everyone stopping in and saying "Hi" ...

The industry has moved so quickly, its easy to get lost in the haze. We're here if anyone ever needs to find us or needs help. We do spend a majority of our time & resources on our own forums, but we'll never get rid of our ECF Account. The amount of information, friends, and experiences we've shared with everyone on these forums for coming up on 4 years in June is irreplacable ....
That's good news to know Steve! Now how about that "Lifetime Discount" for me and Mace..........Two of your most long time faithful customers!!:)

Damn........Crickets!LOL!

echos67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Maryland, USA
I am a newbie to all this and my first purchase was a Proigy V3.1 at 6v and by going with it I feel I have saved a substantial amount of money by sidestepping the other mods that I would not have been happy with. The Prodigy in my opinion is a great solid pv that I will always have, to bad a lot more in the US isn't built to the same standards nowadays.

There are a few of the juice flavors I like such as Silver Leaf Menthol (please don't change that flavor) and a couple of the cinnamons.

I will continue to shop the PS and I am going to be in the market for another mod soon since I find the Prodigy in the wife's hands more and more, any links to the info on the V4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread