PureSmoker-Business dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorddrek

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
I have placed 3 orders from PureSmoker and 2 were during recent feeding frenzies. I originally chose them because of the many positive reviews. I have had no bad product and received my orders promptly.

PureSmoker has some of the most realistic product pricing in the US today. Large bottles of juice are some of the best deals I have found available. Flat shipping rates don't bother me at all. I just add it in to determine my total cost. In the past customer service seemed to be top notch.

But let's look at what is going on today. I will use my new friend "Bold letters".:rolleyes:

Famous customer service-Before the move this is what they had. My first order took place during this time. Everyone seemed very pleased with how business was conducted. This only added to the ever growing customer base. People now expect the same even though much has changed.

The big move-I don't know how long this was in the works but to me it seemed to come at a bad time. People like myself had just found out about E-Cigs and a little research led us to PureSmoker. Others were feeling the looming crackdown and hoarding was in progress. It didn't take a scientist to see what was going to happen next.

Feeding frenzies-The obvious next step. Add no product availability and a growing, hungry crowd this was sure to take place. Those most determined to obtain product (Myself included) got a piece of pie. Some didn't.

Lack of product-Another obvious situation. Anyone following E-Cigs could see supply and demand were growing further apart. Anyone following new regulation could see importing was being affected. Anyone following PureSmoker could see they were being hampered by this.

New Location-Moving a business means a lot of things need to be reestablished. These things take time. Time none of us wanted to wait. They did the best they could to get things rolling again.

Lack of staff-This small business is fast outgrowing what a few can handle. Priority is to get product out. This means money comes in. Then more product can be obtained. Wash, rinse, repeat. PureSmoker manpower struggles to do even this. Sales are just too great. Of course customer service will suffer.

Uncertain product-We all know where these things come from. Dealers have gone from few to many almost overnight. Manufacturers have to feel the pressure. Perhaps quality has gone down with the increased demand to fill orders. This might explain recent higher failure rates for hardware and quality of juice.

Uncertain future-This product is most definitely riding on borrowed time. If you don't realize this now you will soon. Any business in this kind of situation is going to try to sell as much as possible while they still legally can.

All of these things have contributed to where PureSmoker is today. I see two paths lie before PureSmoker.

First would be to get more help. Get more product. Work on improving customer service to previous levels. Grow until the laws step in and tells them otherwise.

Second would be to continue with what they have in regards to product and manpower. Let the vocal and unhappy customers scare off any new business. More than enough satisfied people will keep feeding Puresmoker. I will be one of those people.

Lorddrek

I, for one, appreciated were the puresmoker crew is at. I think the biggest problem they face is that it is just not possible to get enough product in to satisify demand. Hiring a big staff will not change the issues involved in getting product, and placing gigantic orders from China is just too risky now.

Everyone, just try to be patient. This crew is working hard and putting in long hours to make the best of a quickly deteriorating situation.

XombieDad

Mar 30, 2009
Phoenix. AZ
I think many people take "instant gratification" a bit too far. BUT on the other hand, if a business can't handle the incoming demand they shouldn't be taking orders IMO. I have a pending order that I placed on the 31st. Given all that has/is happening recently my inclination was to cancel that order. But I can definitely appreciate what the folks at PS are doing and hope that I made the right decision by NOT canceling that order. A move across the country saddled with product shortages on top of a new order management system is a huge undertaking and I will be patient and reserve judgement at this point.

BTW great site, been lurking for a bit and recently decided to register.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Just got a shipping confirmation, not a bad wait at all especially with all things considered.

When did you place the order? I ordered a pass through over a week ago, and cannot get any information. All of my inquiries go unanswered. I received an order confirmation the same day, but since then I seem invisible. If it's a supply delay, I can deal with it, but absolutely no answers concerns me.

XombieDad

Mar 30, 2009
Phoenix. AZ
When did you place the order? I ordered a pass through over a week ago, and cannot get any information. All of my inquiries go unanswered. I received an order confirmation the same day, but since then I seem invisible. If it's a supply delay, I can deal with it, but absolutely no answers concerns me.

I ordered a DSE901 on March 31st, around midnight, so technically April 1st, got an order confirmation then nothing, then Saturday, April 4th I got a shipping confirmation at about noon, just got home and checked the mail and voila, my DSE901 kit was here! I definitely can't complain about that service, swamped or not!

I chose to purchase from PS because of the incredible positive feedback from past customers. I felt safe spending $100 plus thru PS due to their reputation.

I had to wait a week and a half for my first order but it was WORTH it. The products we got were great quality and I intend to make all my hardware purchases through PS in the future if possible.

I may have to outsource for juice (can't usually stand in line online for restocks) but perhaps that will be rectified with a smoother business model for PS.

I don't think every company needs to be a "superstore", I think if customers can know upfront there may be delays (and are willing to deal with that possibility) there's no harm done in a company staying at whatever size/capacity the owners feel it should be.

One thing is true, from what I see at least Steve does his best to NOT get into backorder situations with people paying for stock he doesn't have. Waiting for said stock to ship - now that's just a growing pains issue IMHO.

chicagobrad01

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
I totally agree, its up to them and them only which path they will take.

I only received 1/2 my order this last round (3/30 order) and still waiting to hear back about the other 1/2....not to mention a few minor problems I've had with past orders. Their long hours filling orders has left too much room for errors. Its just become a very time consuming, sit & wait game.

Even though I love their stuff, I've had to go find a new supplier to fill my needs and will no longer be messing around with PS. They've gotten too big for their britches for me these days.

Last edited:

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Well I love PS and have been involved in the last 2 feeding frenzys with the waiting and hitting "refresh" probably a zillion times. I've made the decision not to do that anymore. If the product is there when I visit their site, then fine they will get my order. If not, I'm not stressing about this anymore. Just since I've been on this forum, a little under a month, I have seen many, many new sites pop up. I try to be careful who I order from and have been able to get what I need at other sites. There are good companys out there. We're all on borrowed time with this habit/hobby anyway. So let's make the best of it while we can. I truly hope PS can start getting supplies more regularly as well as the other companies.

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
I just got their shipment order reply... and it was sent around 8:45pm.

Looks like they have too much work, that they can't even update the shipping confirmation as they ship. Whatever Mrs Cash mentioned before must be true.

I only dealt with them in past week for a couple of times, and they've been good, except, they are pretty much always sold-out.

I'll keep checking on their site and I wish them best of luck (as I learnt a lot of things from Steve's post, so even though I haven't met him, I feel I like I know the guy - but you know, business is just business.) - but I'm also going to utilize other vendors as well - as this is addiction based hobby, and I'm not willing to go back to analogs no matter what.

Great thing about the market is though - it always balances out. With recent move and all, PV is going through some tough time - but I'm sure their sincere effort and great products, they'll prevail - and hopefully, all of us could come by his site and get the stuff readily.

Dorian_Gray

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Stepford, Fla
Hey Gang.

I have been one of Steve's biggest supporters since I started doing business with him 2 Jan 2009. I was referred to him by a happy customer who was completely pleased with his service since the middle of 2008.

I have found him to be honest, pleasant, and accomodating when issues arose. Since Jan I have gotten approximately $800 of stock from him with no issues on delivery or customer service. If he is having some difficulties now - cut him a break. You won't find a more honest vendor in this business. I have NEVER once heard anyone complain that he failed to honor his warantees or stand behind his products.

Yes, he now has the same problems that a lot of suppliers have keeping stuff in stock. Manufacturers are far behind in orders. Customs is having a heyday. It will all shake out soon. If you can't bear with that.......start manufacturing yourself. I am sure Steve and many other suppliers will line up to buy your product.

WALK A MILE IN HIS SHOES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread