Status
Not open for further replies.

MadHatter

Sic itur ad astra
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2010
Waco, Texas
It would be very difficult to plate a 510 battery that you buy. Plating is usually done in a chemical solution with a electrical current passed through it, so you would need to have just the casing done. If you have ever tried to take apart a 510 battery, you would see that it would be a pain to disassemble, gold-plate the case, then reassemble properly.

dattmavis19

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Clemson, SC
www.facebook.com
Yeah, I haven't decided if they're joking, or hoping someone will actually buy one.
Says they have four in stock, must figure someone will buy them, someone with ...-wiping money.:glare:
Can't blame em though, i wouldn't mind making $14,900 profit off selling a single item myself:laugh:

I also wonder if its just the 24kt plated one im talking about, and they're hoping to fool someone. $14,993 profit, even better!:p

Though if the internals (atty bridge, connections, anything else metal that could be replaced with gold) are solid 14kt also, possibly it would have better taste n vapor production due to the better conductivity and gold atty bridge. Maybe it would result in the ultimate vaping experience! (would pretty much have to for that kinda money, you could buy every PV and E-Juice that exists and still have change for $15k)

It would be very difficult to plate a 510 battery that you buy. Plating is usually done in a chemical solution with a electrical current passed through it, so you would need to have just the casing done. If you have ever tried to take apart a 510 battery, you would see that it would be a pain to disassemble, gold-plate the case, then reassemble properly.

True, i had thought about that. And the fact that it would probably cost a few times as much as the batt itself to have it done, and then the batt would just die after 6 months or so rendering it useless.

I just don't understand why whoever manufactures these (found them another place too, so i assume its a wholesaler) doesn't produce a batt to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread