Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I have been really thinking hard on this GLV2. I didn't realize until I watched a video that it's not just a 5v. The voltage does adjust depending on what ohm carto or atty you put on it, correct? I'm wondering how this happens, as I understand it was designed as a regulated 5v. Does it work along the lines of VW that auto adjusts the wattage, but in this case volts? I don't know anything about this stuff, but I am curious. Mabey someone can shed some light on this for me. :confused:
Now back to counting the money in my piggy bank. :D

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Yes, it does. I think it was just an unintended consequence of using the resistor that worked out for the better. Is this the video you watched? GLV2 atomizer testing under load - YouTube Below is an exerpt from the "Show More" section of that video with a link to where you can hear how this was found out. The website is closing down at the end of the month, so if any one wants to listen to the broadcast you have to sign up and do it before then.

The story of how this was discovered can be found in the archive of the episode of Click, Bang! that aired on 2-13-10 on VapeTVLive. The GLV2 segment starts around the 20 minute mark:

http://www.stickam.com/viewMedia.do?mId=190895390

EDIT: I was going to go sign up on Stickam and listen to the broadast, but there doesn't seem to be any way to sign up. I guess you have to already have an account to access it. Sorry

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
I watched that video again and took some notes, and I think, according to his results, the 5v may be a little to hot for me. I like a 3Ω carto at around 4.2Ω's, and his test on a 2.87Ω carto, or atty was 5.4v. Sooo, I'm thinking maybe the GLV2 body with the 3.7 resisted head. I like 3.7v with a 1.5 - 1.8Ω carto. I think that this might be the better way for me to go, if the 3.7v stays at 3.7v. Thanks for letting me bounce all of this off ya. :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
I myself love the 5v, but the 3.7 is great too. We have several 3.7 models available. You could go Mini , Super Mini or the XL Mini uses an 18650 for extended battery life.

Thanks Kezy. Yeah, lots of choices for 3.7v. I think, for size, and batt life, I like the GLV2 w/ the 3.7 head, using 2-CR123a batts. These batts I already have some of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread