Mod Noob... GLV2 or VV??? Looking for input, here, from Modguys who know their stuff. Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Yep, Black ones next week...the 15th, I think. Oh! That's tomorrow! Red and Silver (chrome) within a few weeks after that. Initially only the $99 kit will be available w batts, charger, leather case. A week or two after that you'll be able to get the unit by itself for around $70, i think.

rofl...can you tell I was just researching them today? There's lots of demonstration videos floating around if you haven't seen em yet. They're not very flashy, but they seem pretty solid. And that's a heck of a deal for a tube mod VV.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Anything taking 18650 batteries would be 3.7 volts ... I think ....

Yep, you're right. I checked. All of their 'paws' and 'shine' mods are 3.7. There's some interesting looking Chibi tanks that use boge cartos, too. I've never tried one of those tank mods, but for $8 I might give it a whirl.

BTW, any of you mod guys know where I can get those great looking corrugated chrome looking drip guards? I've been hunting all over for those.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
Yep, you're right. I checked. All of their 'paws' and 'shine' mods are 3.7. There's some interesting looking Chibi tanks that use boge cartos, too. I've never tried one of those tank mods, but for $8 I might give it a whirl.

BTW, any of you mod guys know where I can get those great looking corrugated chrome looking drip guards? I've been hunting all over for those.

Empire mods for the drip shields.... But as of late always seem to be out of stock... I hear they reappear in stock every so often but sell out quickly..

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas Orachel,

Just to confuse things a bit... :p

Have you checked out the buzz pro? vv tube mod about the same price as the glv2 5v. Available in purple and blue, since you seem to want something colorful. Available with 510 connector, and you change the voltage with a simple thumbwheel. No screwdriver necessary. Easy peasy :)

That said, I'm like most everyone else here and biased towards the pv's that I own :vapor:

Maximillian the Shamelessly Self-indulgent

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Just preliminary checking so far, but I've heard great things about the buzz pro. A helpful person in the Virgin Vapor forum suggested it to me, and i was peeking at em. That might very well be the way I go if I decide I've GOTTA have the VV option. Those lava tubes are a lil cheaper, but they really don't appeal to me much visually. Odd, since with a couple tiny design modifications that wouldn't add much if anything to the price they could have been rather nice looking. Its funny, i'm like the least materialistic woman on earth (I own about 6 pairs of shoes total, and can barely stand stepping foot in a mall if that gives you some idea! lol), but for some reason the 'looks' of my pv is sorta important to me. I'm a rather chatty person about em, and am always stopping to explain to strangers if they express interest or curiosity, so that might be why. Thanks for suggestion! I'm working on a 'short' list of options now, so that reminded me to stick buzzpro on it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread