Status
Not open for further replies.

aruga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
VA
Hello all

New GLV-3 user. I actually got a 5v top/bottom feeder from the classifieds and just sent it in to Jay for painting/repair and some parts. I went to the GLV technical webpage and tried to view the .pdf guides for bottom and top feed but they are not working.
I also looked at you tube and found a really good one for the mini but not the GLV-3. Anyone know where I can find some how to guides for a new GLV-3 user so I will be able to top or bottom feed when I get this mod back?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks to all who read and post.

Aruga

Sniperboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Oakland, CA, USA
Same here - wanted to keep a copy of the GLV-2 mini instructions for my records as I got mine from a friend who didn't have the instructions anymore.. when you guys are caught up with orders also please check into the gallery page link on the webpage.

Not to nag : ) just a suggestion and humble request. I am considering a second GLV (or at least a new end cap with the new vent hole) but wanted to see other colour options - for example the standard gold colour : )

Can a GLV 2 mini be converted to a super mini with the purchase of a new end cap only? That may solve both of my goals. : )

Keep up the good work.

dshark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Can a GLV 2 mini be converted to a super mini with the purchase of a new end cap only? That may solve both of my goals. : )

Yes the mini can be converted with just the end cap body of the Super mini. I just picked up a mini today with the larger vent hole in the end cap. Still waiting on my new GLV2 which should also have the new end cap. But this one will be powder coated in black chrome on both head cap and end cap.

It appears the user guides are back up and online

Last edited:

Sniperboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Oakland, CA, USA
I may have just put my foot in my mouth (doh not the first time) the guides are indeed online again. Sorry if I didn't check again before posting a "me too", thanks for the heads up.

Thanks also for the info on the super mini conversion dshark. I really appreciate it and really makes my decision easier!

Sniperboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Oakland, CA, USA
Whoops.. looks like the instructions are down again (doh) next time they go online I'm just downloading all of em and keeping a copy locally : )

For what its worth I called Sara to place the order (and ask questions about colors) and she mentioned that the GLV2-Mini cannot be converted to a GLV2-super mini with just a super-mini end cap. The head of the mini has to be rethreaded for it to work but you cannot go back and forth. So I ended up just buying a complete super-mini. Its a good excuse to have a spare and making the colors matching : )

All the same - either way - I still appreciate you replying to me originally, shark.
Perhaps there has been a change in design of the head caps lately.

Also thank you SO much Sara - you are a total sweetheart, and now I can see why everyone here says "Just call Sara." I felt bad bothering you with my order and questions but I appreciate you dropping everything to talk. You and Jay are the best. :D

dshark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Twin Cities, Minnesota
hmmm.... well thats good information to know AND I am glad I went the route that I did by getting the mini and not the Super mini. The mini threads and GLV2 5v threads are the same and I can mix and match that way.

Jay and Sara are great folks with alot on thier plate and especailly having a 1 yr old commanding thier attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread