Geekvape Aegis Legend

The Aegis legend is a stylish dual 18650 box mod designed to be waterproof and shockproof.
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
After using GV Aero tanks with mesh coils exclusively for 6 months I wicked up a Steam Crave Supreme V2 with rayon and bumped it up to 55W (then 60W) to try to match the flavor/vapor. Mesh wins on flavor and is much cooler at 60W. Mesh brings out the toffee better and that's not a bad thing either. I used SS430/rayon in Steam Crave tanks for a couple of years and I could go back to them if I had to but mesh wins while the coils are available.

I built the Supreme with dual 6 wrap 3.5mm id 24g SS430 @ .15Ω total to match the .2Ω (measures .15Ω) GV supermesh coil.
51969840_2344124529151697_158596456293335040_o.jpg

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
@Geekvape_Official You can see in the previous post that my red Aero tank's paint is flaking off. Here are a couple off 180 degree close up shots.

Should I expect my green Aero's paint to flake off too?
Anyone else losing paint off their tank?

View attachment 798895
View attachment 798897
Those skeletons are replaceable and can be found at the geek store. I think they have the buttons(fire and the + - in 1 package). Same button for the Legend as the 100W.

:)
Replacement skeleton for aegis legend Geek Vape Online Store

Replacement buttons for aegis legend Geek Vape Online Store

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Groovy. Doesn't fix my tank though :(
LOL. I should learn to read:oops:.....I saw paint peeling in your post( did not look at pic:facepalm:)and assumed you were talking about the mod. Silly me. My face is red....lol:blush:

A good enamel paint would fix it up. Or may try a small tube of automobile paint from one of the auto supply stores or at least see if they have a color to match. May be expensive but don't know for sure. That all I got .....sry.

:)

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Reactions: stols001

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Does anyone else have a red tank? Any problems with it yet? Thanks.

How long have you used it? Carelessly scratch?
I have 5 Aero tanks in rotation. I had another that I sold.
I've had this one for 5 months. 5 months divided by 5 tanks = 1
The paint is still 100% on the black and green Aero tanks I got in August.
It flaked off both sides and has wrinkles on what remains of the red paint.

I'm keeping this issue confined to this thread but careless is insulting.

20mm missing on one side 16mm missing on the other wrinkles on what's left.
I'd say the red paint is weaker then the green & the black.
Aero wrinkled paint.jpg

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Does anyone else have a red tank? Any problems with it yet? Thanks.

I have 5 Aero tanks in rotation. I had another that I sold.
I've had this one for 5 months. 5 months divided by 5 tanks = 1
The paint is still 100% on the black and green Aero tanks I got in August.
It flaked off both sides and has wrinkles on what remains of the red paint.

I'm keeping this issue confined to this thread but careless is insulting.

20mm missing on one side 16mm missing on the other wrinkles on what's left.
I'd say the red paint is weaker then the green & the black.
View attachment 798993

Please Email, support@geekvape.com to see if they have the replacement part for you. Sorry for the problem.

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
I´m totally late to the party and just recently discovered that this mod can output up to 12 Volts. Wow! I´ve been looking for something like that for years now.
Geekvape, I salute you for having a board that does proper step up; no one else seems to do that on their 2/3 cell mods.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
I´m totally late to the party and just recently discovered that this mod can output up to 12 Volts. Wow! I´ve been looking for something like that for years now.
Geekvape, I salute you for having a board that does proper step up; no one else seems to do that on their 2/3 cell mods.

It's glad you love our products. Thank you for your support. Enjoy vaping!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I use VPC for preheat. It's actually one of the nicest preheats on the market actually.
Fair point, but VPC isn't quite granular enough. If it had 0.5 sec increments, at least in the beginning of the puff, it would be more useful. So there's a new feature suggestion for V1.3, shorter VPC increments.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Some kind of preheat functions and maybe new color screen options but I doubt that's possible
I would add contrast/brightness control that does something between 50 and 100%.
And a puff timer that you can read without having the visual acuity and speed of focus of a falcon.
A couple of new screen colors should be a piece of cake compared to the other stuff they've done and need to do.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
Six month update...
After six months of daily use, the finish is showing some wear, but the device continues to to function perfectly.
It's been dropped more than once, left out in the rain, and put through the general abuse that any daily use device goes through, and keeps coming back for more.
Can't say enough good things about it.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
Six month update...
After six months of daily use, the finish is showing some wear, but the device continues to to function perfectly.
It's been dropped more than once, left out in the rain, and put through the general abuse that any daily use device goes through, and keeps coming back for more.
Can't say enough good things about it.
Yeah mine too but i love it
20190224_174243.jpg
20190224_174237.jpg
20190224_174237.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread